SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild Draft Parise?

BisonMav

I like the idea of keeping "local" talent around. It would be a good choice to take Zach if he is still available. Parise and Gaborik could be a verrrrry scary combo.

To bad he wont be around to get picked up by the Devs. :blush:

I hope the Wild draft him and throws a ton of cash at him! He needs to make the next step and the Wild should ensure this happens.

:0

I wonder if there are any alterior motives to this statement??

The Wild should draft Parise, if he is still available, but let him stick around at UND for at least 2 or three more years. They already have local talent in Darby Hendrickson and RUMOR has it that Trent Klatt might be in a Wild jersey next season as I believe he is a free agent after this year (I might be wrong though). Add Parise in there and you have an all Minnesota line. :blush: And a pretty damn good one too. OF course, I would like to see the Wild win, so if the all-Minnesota line doesn't work out, they shouldn't keep it. But it would still be fun to see! :D

So am I

Zachs best interests are to stick around UND until he wins a national championship. :D

I'm pretty confident that in Zach's specific case, entering the draft and immediately signing is best. I think he's done all he can do in college :blush:

Parise?!?! Who's he?!?! :blush:

I doubt he would jump into the NHL that fast, needs to put some meat on them bones of his first IMO. Plus he can TRY that way to get a ring...if he leaves there is no more trying...just not doing.

WPoS

I hope the Wild draft him and throws a ton of cash at him! He needs to make the next step and the Wild should ensure this happens.

:D

Yeah, the Wild watch their wallets so closely Parise would have to live at home. :0 Besides, the last thing the Wild need is another smallish forward. :blush:

HEY!...we already lost our guy for next year, you still haven't made your pick (let's not get into that again :D ).

It is in Parise's best interest to stay at UND at least until he wins a National Championship (so one more year at the least :blush: ). I don't think that Gopher fans would boo him becuse he is now on their team, just like Brad Bombardier. Once a player becomes a Minnesota player (WCHA or NHL), the fans love 'em, regardless of where they came from. I agree with ScottM in that since the Wild are pretty tight with the wallet, I don't forsee them throwing huge money at Parise right after they draft him. But then again I didn't forsee them throwing that much at Roche either.

Just some guy we keep reading about over on POI.

:D

Actually dagies, I think it is undercover UND fans that keep on bringing that up over on POI, the old timers over there don't bring it up...mayhap it is you?!?!?! ;):blush:

WPoS