SiouxSports.com Forum

Wild Draft Parise?

BisonMav

Ok maybe I just missed it...but who the hell is cheerprincess??

My best guess is that she is a really hot Gopher cheerleader. If this is the case, and dagies has gotten to see her wearing not a whole heck of a lot...get PCM in there to document it :D:blush:

One of the MN cheerchicks who is a POI regular. Just me taking an unnecessary shot at dagies! I could not resist when he said he was in disguise.

PCM - thanks for the imagery! :0

Just me taking an unnecessary shot at dagies! I could not resist when he said he was in disguise.

And quite a good one too. It would have been shameful to let such a good opportunity go to waste. For my part, I thought I recovered nicely. :blush:

And quite a good one too. It would have been shameful to let such a good opportunity go to waste. For my part, I thought I recovered nicely. :D

Yeeah, soooo......

There aren't gonna be any pics of cheerprincess in the dressing room?...don't tease me like that guys, when it comes to the ladies...I'm fragile :0;):blush:

Well why dont you just post on POI and ask her boyfriend meatball to take some pics for ya :D

If the Wild draft Zach Parise, I say trade him and a case of Bud Light to whoever drafts Vanek!

I don't think a Sioux fan asking is the best way to go. Here's an idea...what if one of you Gopher fans went back to POI and asked, then posted the pics here, just think of us as Wild fans, when you do...you, know for better justification as to why you're giving Sioux fans pics of a Gopher cheerleader :0:blush:

BTW...Crud Light?...c'mon he's at least worth a case of Corona.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!...Corona is the greatest beer ever :D

You do not choose beer well!

Plus beer is for breakfast...if you aint doing shots or swigging liquor from the bottle you don't know what fun is!

Paging Dr. Daniels...Dr. JACK DANIELS!!

Hey Scott, say hi to Otto for me...we missed him in Buffalo! ;)

A Pioneer Press article covering the NHL playoffs noted:

Ducks assistant general management David McNab said he spent Sunday visiting with North Dakota forward Zach Parise in Grand Forks. Parise is expected to a be a top pick in next month's NHL Draft.

If Zach goes late first-round, as is often predicted, it could be a moderately successful playoff team that grabs his rights. Here's another chance for someone to teach me something new-- how do the Wild know they will have the #20 pick (as indicated earlier in this thread)? I thought 1st round picks below #15 weren't determined until the Stanley Cup Playoffs end?

Here's another chance for someone to teach me something new-- how do the Wild know they will have the #20 pick (as indicated earlier in this thread)? I thought 1st round picks below #15 weren't determined until the Stanley Cup Playoffs end?

I wondered that too. My guess is that WAS where Walters thought the Wild would be picking. Obviously it's going to be lower than that given the team's success this year. Hopefully it will be 30th, but it doesn't look that way right now. My guess is that they wil be picking 27th, and I would think they will pick Parise if he is still available.

I believe once they do the draft lottery and find out who gets to move up via that route, they go by what the final seedings were heading into the playoffs to shuffle out the rest.

For instance, Carolina had the lowest point total of the 6 divisional winners from last year's regular season and picked 25th in the 2002 draft. Yet they went to the finals against Detroit and were runners up for the title. Since Carolina didn't pick 2nd to last in the 1st round last year, the NHL must stick to what the playoff seedings are when deciding draft spots.

Since the Wild are the 11th overall seed this year, they would pick #20 overall no matter what they did in the playoffs.