SiouxSports.com Forum

Tom Pohl

#1fan

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were watching the game in the box behind us, and the moment I saw the stretcher we asked what was up and they said it didn't look good.

NO MATTER WHO YOUR RIVAL IS YOU NEVER WISH SOMETHING LIKE THIS UPON ANOTHER, AND AS A SIOUX FAN I KNOW WE WILL ALL BACK BEHIND MR. POHL IN A SPEEDY AND HEALTHY RECOVERY

We were watching the game in the box behind us, and the moment I saw the stretcher we asked what was up and they said it didn't look good.

NO MATTER WHO YOUR RIVAL IS YOU NEVER WISH SOMETHING LIKE THIS UPON ANOTHER, AND AS A SIOUX FAN I KNOW WE WILL ALL BACK BEHIND MR. POHL IN A SPEEDY AND HEALTHY RECOVERY

Completely agree... I hope he recovers soon!

Great post. I could not agree more. These are very young men that we are talking about, and my thoughts and prayers go out to Tom Pohl and his family. As a parent of several hockey players, this is the worst nightmare.

oh man that is terrible. :(

I'll admit I had a hard time keeping my eyes on the Sioux game last night when this kid was laid out on the ice on the big screen next to mine. Hope he makes it out of this okay.

Amen to that, spoken like a true fan of the game and not just a team.

I remember being thrilled to hear Bina not only would live a normal life but actually play hockey again (even though the little bleep has killed MN ;) ).

From a real birdie....

Your coach recieved a lot of bad pub and criticism for his bird flipping incident at the Mucci. You can be proud of the response from Hak to this incident. I have a greater appreciation for the guy now. 2 thumbs up for Hak and the entire UND program. He went out of his way to extend thoughts to the U hockey program and the Pohl family. Nice job coach. ;)

From a real birdie....

Your coach recieved a lot of bad pub and criticism for his bird flipping incident at the Mucci. You can be proud of the response from Hak to this incident. I have a greater appreciation for the guy now. 2 thumbs up for Hak and the entire UND program. He went out of his way to extend thoughts to the U hockey program and the Pohl family. Nice job coach. ;)

If you have ever met Dave Hakstol, you would also know it is sincere. He's a great guy. He's passionate about the game, but he understands what it is all about. He has tremendous respect for the game and the players. He may be a fierce rival of the Gophers, but he has an enormous amount of respect for the program and all of the young men that don the jersey or the jersey of any college hockey team.

Please continue to give us updates on Tom Pohl. If anyone knows where cards or letters can be sent to his family, please post it. I can speak for many Sioux fans and say that we are very concerned about Tom Pohl. These type of incidents put everything into perspective, whether it is Travis Roy, Robbie Bina or Tom Pohl.

From a real birdie....

What statement did Hak make, I could not find anything anywhere?

All the best to Pohl. I agree with mikey. This should not have happened.

I hope he makes a full recovery. It was emotional to see Robbie Bina skate onto the ice after returning to play. I can imagine it will be similar for Pohl when he skates on the ice when he returns.

Yes, I know it is up in the air, but I'm an optimist! Go get 'em Pohl!

These injuries take the starch out of a rivalry. I sure hope Tom Pohl is fine and the injury was caught quickly before much damage was done. Based on the press release I get that impression but I guess time will tell. Good luck to Mr. Pohl.

Well I didn't read to see if this has been posted already in this thread, I assume it has being that it was news earlier today but Tom has bleeding on the brain, a fractured skull, and is in a coma last I heard in the ICU at Rochester.

Well I didn't read to see if this has been posted already in this thread, I assume it has being that it was news earlier today but Tom has bleeding on the brain, a fractured skull, and is in a coma last I heard in the ICU at Rochester.

Hadn't heard about the coma part.

Don't they sometimes put people in medically induced comas, especially in head trauma injuries to help reduce swelling and taking stress off the brain?

Hopefully that's what this coma is. ;)

Hadn't heard about the coma part.

Don't they sometimes put people in medically induced comas, especially in head trauma injuries to help reduce swelling and taking stress off the brain?

Hopefully that's what this coma is. ;)

Haven't heard if it was medically induced yet. I'll check real quick.

The only info I could get was that he had surgery and the bleeding was successfully stopped and that the fracture is under control, sounds like lots of guys were with him today but he's still out of it. Sorry I couldn't get more.