SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey Playoffs Talk

AZSIOUX

MSU-M has the comparioson over the Wisconsin 4-2...

if there is another upset in conference tourneys which there are 2 possible, msu or gophs will be right on the bubble with a gopher loss thursday and uw out no matter what i think with clarkson not winning their conference tourney....crazy

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you really think the refs caused the gophers to win goon? seriously? or am i missing your point

NO, the reffing didn't cause the win, however, that being said, I am also not the only one that was disgusted with the way the series was called/reffed. I am saying that if the Goofs had last this weekend a lot of them would have actually been more upset with the officiating.

I think it was also no coincidence that Shepturd was the official this weekend. If not why didn't another ref call the games this past weekend maybe say Mason? Is this black helicopter material, sure call me a conspiracy theorist, I do have a major in Sociology and Criminal Justice.

AZ, I am sure you watch the NHL; wouldn't you rather have the refs call the games like they are in the NHL? Maybe we keep some of the first round draft choices JUST a little longer.

if there is another upset in conference tourneys which there are 2 possible, msu or gophs will be right on the bubble with a gopher loss thursday and uw out no matter what i think with clarkson not winning their conference tourney....crazy

Yep I know I was studying that last night at work.

NO, the reffing didn't cause the win, however, that being said, I am also not the only one that was disgusted with the way the series was called/reffed. I am saying that if the Goofs had last this weekend a lot of them would have actually been more upset with the officiating.

I'm disappointed in you Goof, I mean Goon. A true Sioux fan would have tried to gain entry into Englestad to support our team against Michigan Tech this past weekend.

I'm disappointed in you Goof, I mean Goon. A true Sioux fan would have tried to gain entry into Englestad to support our team against Michigan Tech this past weekend.

I went to the first two games and watched the last one at home because I had to stay home with the baby.

I don't think there is anyone more loyal than me. I have left late for hunting trips to go to a hockey game.

I went to the first two games and watched the last one at home because I had to stay home with the baby.

I don't think there is anyone more loyal than me. I have left late for hunting trips to go to a hockey game.

I see I'm off the ignore list. You seem to have some very strong opinions on this series considering it doesn't appear that you saw the majority of the series. I would be interested in seeing any or all three Mankato-Minnesota games if anyone has them on tape. Sounded like a series for the ages.

I didn't know this forum turned into "a place to brag."

When someone makes a stupid comment about me not being loyal that is just silly.

;)

It appears the truth has been uncovered, then. Goof always seems to have an opinion on certain other teams in the league even though he doesn't see them play. Otherwise, it looks like he's lying about being a true Sioux fan and attending the Sioux games. Yep, that's the way I see it.

It appears the truth has been uncovered, then. Goof always seems to have an opinion on certain other teams in the league even though he doesn't see them play. Otherwise, it looks like he's lying about being a true Sioux fan and attending the Sioux games. Yep, that's the way I see it.

First Dean how do you know which teams I have seen or not seen? Second how do you know I didn't DVR it?

Third YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO QUESTION MY LOYALTY TO THE FIGHTING SIOUX

That didn't take very long. Good for him, good for us as well as the Sioux won't have to face him anymore, not that Nolan is a slouch either. ;)

No, but this has to be the situation Nolan was hoping for. It is similar to JPL and JPar. It gives Nolan a good year extra as the #1.

I hear Hachey (or whatever their #3 guy's name is) isn't that bad either, though that comes from his junior days.

MTU also is getting in a good USHL goaltender in Josh Robinson. I don't know why MTU can't get a lot of scorers because they certainly get some great goaltenders.

Ok people, don't get mad, this has probably been answered a hundred times on many different threads but I am to lazy to search through all the posts on my phone (I am unable to get internet on my computer atm so I'm forced to use my phone) so ill just ask here....

Is there any internet video feeds for the final five this weekend and for that matter is there any for the regionals wherever the sioux endup. (I will have internet feed on my computer as of the day after tomorrow)

Ok people, don't get mad, this has probably been answered a hundred times on many different threads but I am to lazy to search through all the posts on my phone (I am unable to get internet on my computer atm so I'm forced to use my phone) so ill just ask here....

Is there any internet video feeds for the final five this weekend and for that matter is there any for the regionals wherever the sioux endup. (I will have internet feed on my computer as of the day after tomorrow)

no idea, guessing not

I think it was also no coincidence that Shepturd was the official this weekend. If not why didn't another ref call the games this past weekend maybe say Mason? Is this black helicopter material, sure call me a conspiracy theorist, I do have a major in Sociology and Criminal Justice.

AZ, I am sure you watch the NHL; wouldn't you rather have the refs call the games like they are in the NHL? Maybe we keep some of the first round draft choices JUST a little longer.

i thought it was weird that he reffed all three games when i was under the understanding that if it went to three they switched the refs

i thought it was weird that he reffed all three games when i was under the understanding that if it went to three they switched the refs

If one of the coaches request a ref change then they switch for the 3rd game, so BOTH coaches must not have thought Shep was doing that bad of a job......even Jutting.

I'll stand by and see how you all turn this into a conspiracy now. ;)

If one of the coaches request a ref change then they switch for the 3rd game, so BOTH coaches must not have thought Shep was doing that bad of a job......even Jutting.

I'll stand by and see how you all turn this into a conspiracy now. ;)

There is no conspiracy. There is also no doubt that Shep is an awful ref. However, he is probably a lesser of evils. If you request a change, you have to be careful what you wish for because you might end up with Campion (remember the previous incident with MSUM and UM? By the way, does he wear his Gophers jersey when he refs?), Don Adam (there is a picture of him next to the word "incompetent" in the dictionary) or Todd Anderson (old school NHL style ref--if there is no blood, there is no penalty).

Interestingly, everyone rips on Randy Schmidt for how bad he is, and he is no worse than middle of the pack in the WCHA. ;)

There is no conspiracy. There is also no doubt that Shep is an awful ref. However, he is probably a lesser of evils. If you request a change, you have to be careful what you wish for because you might end up with Campion (remember the previous incident with MSUM and UM? By the way, does he wear his Gophers jersey when he refs?), Don Adam (there is a picture of him next to the word "incompetent" in the dictionary) or Todd Anderson (old school NHL style ref--if there is no blood, there is no penalty).

Interestingly, everyone rips on Randy Schmidt for how bad he is, and he is no worse than middle of the pack in the WCHA. ;)

Can't make a conspiracy theory either, having seen only portions of the games, but the hooking, holding, and interference that went on while I watched, with no calls, was outrageous, and eliminated lots of scoring chances, many of which (or one of which in OT) may have produced a goal or goals, in spite of the good play of the goalies.

The worst of the infractions however, the nasty checks from behind, that went uncalled, were serious injuries waiting to happen. If Bickel does not start getting called for these soon, he will break someone's neck.

The worst of the infractions however, the nasty checks from behind, that went uncalled, were serious injuries waiting to happen. If Bickel does not start getting called for these soon, he will break someone's neck.

Boy that Bickel is a hell of a guy isn't he? ;)