SiouxSports.com Forum

Anthony Grieco

Chuck Schwartz

This may be a long shot but a buddy of mind found this little nugget on Ebay today.

"These are used goalie PADS and GLOVE & BLOCKER. They 36" inch pads in height and 11" inch in width. The Pads Glove and Blocker all meet the current NHL size requirements. The are all RBK Pro model. I used them for half a season and they are still in great shape. They are green with white trim. Any questions just ask and I will promptly respond."

Link

Any chance these are Grieco's?

62fa_1.JPG

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not under any NCAA regulations any more so it very well could be him selling off the equipment.

yeah i dont think that was a issue or concern but you are right. cant find any pics of this year vs manitoba as thats the only game he played in.

these are the same pads phil uses actually but phils seem to be more of a darker forrest green and the ones on ebay seem more kelly green. not grieco's or grieco got the same pads as phil this season this season but in a different green.

004.JPG

Wouldn't he had to have stolen the gear to be selling it - or does he (goalies) purchase the pads himself? For that matter, do D1 hockey players pay for their skates, gloves, pads, sticks, etc or is it given to them by their school?

Wouldn't he had to have stolen the gear to be selling it - or does he (goalies) purchase the pads himself? For that matter, do D1 hockey players pay for their skates, gloves, pads, sticks, etc or is it given to them by their school?

i think they are only given so much when it comes to that stuff. i know if a player breaks too many sticks they then have to pay for their own if it comes to that.

This may be a long shot but a buddy of mind found this little nugget on Ebay today.

"These are used goalie PADS and GLOVE & BLOCKER. They 36" inch pads in height and 11" inch in width. The Pads Glove and Blocker all meet the current NHL size requirements. The are all RBK Pro model. I used them for half a season and they are still in great shape. They are green with white trim. Any questions just ask and I will promptly respond."

Link

Any chance these are Grieco's?

62fa_1.JPG

If anything they look more like pads a BSU beaver would wear, the green seems lighter.

If anything they look more like pads a BSU beaver would wear, the green seems lighter.

the bsu green is darker than und green. phils new poads this year are bsu green almost. they are darker than any other sioux goalie pads ive ever seen. they are always kelly green / white and or black

i think they are only given so much when it comes to that stuff. i know if a player breaks too many sticks they then have to pay for their own if it comes to that.

That's why Matt Greene left early - he had to sign that pro contract for the big bucks to pay off his stick bill from UND. :huh:

That's why Matt Greene left early - he had to sign that pro contract for the big bucks to pay off his stick bill from UND. :huh:

at least he used wooden sticks up until his last part of his stay. these sticks now days are 200.00 plus per stick :sad:

at least he used wooden sticks up until his last part of his stay. these sticks now days are 200.00 plus per stick :sad:

If you think that the school pays $200 a stick you are greatly mistaken. A friend that works at scheels bought a new stick that would have been $150+ for just over cost and paid less than $80. The schools get discounted prices on equipment just due to the large quantity that the purchase and through contracts with different vendors.

If you think that the school pays $200 a stick you are greatly mistaken. A friend that works at scheels bought a new stick that would have been $150+ for just over cost and paid less than $80. The schools get discounted prices on equipment just due to the large quantity that the purchase and through contracts with different vendors.

Yeah, plus you would have a hard time convincing me that these guys pay for any of their sticks.

Guest federal employee

Yeah, plus you would have a hard time convincing me that these guys pay for any of their sticks.

Price check in Isle 9 T-Bag :huh:

i never said the school pays 200 plus per stick. i was saying how much sticks were these days. im well aware of discounts having worked in the hockey industry and yes triouxper, i doubt they pay anything as well :huh:

i never said the school pays 200 plus per stick. i was saying how much sticks were these days. im well aware of discounts having worked in the hockey industry and yes triouxper, i doubt they pay anything as well :huh:

Some programs are not as fortunate as our's. We have alot of generous support from alumni and fans. People buying hockey jerseys from auctions and things like that provide some of the funding for these guys, along with other donation's, ect. We are fortunate to have generous fans, it helps to keep the top talent coming here.

Some programs are not as fortunate as our's. We have alot of generous support from alumni and fans. People buying hockey jerseys from auctions and things like that provide some of the funding for these guys, along with other donation's, ect. We are fortunate to have generous fans, it helps to keep the top talent coming here.

very good points! so when you drop 600-1000 on a gamer just think of that buying the osh man 8-12 sticks for the season :sad:

The seller is in St Albert near Edmonton Alberta so this definitely isn't Greico.

that doesnt mean they arent his as someone else could sell them but i dont think they are his anyways. probably another kids pads that played for a team that had green in their uniforms across the world :huh: