SiouxSports.com Forum

Friday/Saturday NON sioux Game Discussions

AZSIOUX

The only help the Sioux got is that the road for WI to make the NCAA's gets tougher unless they come back. Sioux at Madison at the midwest regional would be fine by me - but only if we don't have to play WI there.

Don't look for help from CC. They are playing some good hockey. The D is giving UMD's forwards no time, and they are taking advantage of their opportunities offensively against a pretty solid defensive team in UMD.

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only help the Sioux got is that the road for WI to make the NCAA's gets tougher unless they come back. Sioux at Madison at the midwest regional would be fine by me - but only if we don't have to play WI there.

Yeah, but they might get in based on the fact that the nation sucks this year. ND and UW were in the top ten in the poll this week. Say what? There is only about 6 good teams this year and a bunch of mediocre ones. If we sweep Duluth next week, they fall even farther and UW might be in decent shape because no one else (like Providence) seems to want to win. All in all, its a screwed up world and nothing will be decided until selection time.

Yeah, but they might get in based on the fact that the nation sucks this year. ND and UW were in the top ten in the poll this week. Say what? There is only about 6 good teams this year and a bunch of mediocre ones. If we sweep Duluth next week, they fall even farther and UW might be in decent shape because no one else (like Providence) seems to want to win. All in all, its a screwed up world and nothing will be decided until selection time.

Except that we're IN IT TO WIN IT!!!

Yeah, we really had no offensive spark, something this team has strugled with for most of the season.

CC is looking like they have got it together. Their passes are crisp, and they are moving their feet in the defensive zone, keeping the opposing teams offense off balance. They also have the best team speed in the WCHA, and transition like lightning. The Dogs held them in check for long stretches, but when they were able to get free, they capitalized.

Comments like OTH's are not necessary. The Dogs are not terrible, they are just not as good as CC, who is playing the best hockey in the WCHA right now.

Just got back from the UMD-CC game....

OUCH!

Can't recall ever seeing the Dogs shut out at home for a weekend....I'm sure its happened, just don't know when.

Bulldogs outshot CC, they had their chances, but they weren't "quality shots"....only about ten of thirty shots on net were "quality", but it didn't seem to matter. Bachman swallowed most of them, and the Tiger D cleared the rest.

CC capitalized on their chances, and Stalock gave up a few rebounds, but not that many. CC only had two penalties...Bulldogs had 7 (I think)

Sweatt has wheelz....that boy needs to be met at the blue line with a solid shoulder. HIS blue line.

Next weekend at the DECC is going to be a good series. The Bulldogs will be desperate for a few goals after this weekend's drought. I'd love to see J-P give them the same treatment Bachman did.

Sioux v. CC .... when they meet again, and I think they will....THAT will be a heckuva game.

I should let this go, but it is classic FSN and Puffy looking through those rose colored glasses, did anyone else notice the cross check at the shoulders of a Badger player on the ice after the buzzer sounded ending play for the second period. Not a word was said, no replays .. nothing!!!! after Puffy blew his horn for two weeks about the Sioux you thought that he might mention it to give himself a little credibility. But, no nothing as expected!!! - Good Grief!!!

I should let this go, but it is classic FSN and Puffy looking through those rose colored glasses, did anyone else notice the cross check at the shoulders of a Badger player on the ice after the buzzer sounded ending play for the second period. Not a word was said, no replays .. nothing!!!! after Puffy blew his horn for two weeks about the Sioux you thought that he might mention it to give himself a little credibility. But, no nothing as expected!!! - Good Grief!!!

the best part is when they showed clips of players and lucia talking about getting the lead late and holding onto the lead then bammmmmmm, sconnie scores. sorry folks.......1 game is not considered a winning streak. 2 maybe but 3 realistically :D woog and mansucko were getting all excited about to bust one about maybe winning 2 games in a row and so forth. just was funny. exciting game at least. expected to watch paint dry so thats cool. lets go sioux tomorrow!!

I was keyed up on two things:

1. When the Gophers are winning and playing well, Masucko has more time to comment on how the refs are jobbing the Gophers. Wheeler's penalty late in the third was a great example. It was an overt hold on Wheeler that elicited an "Oooooh" from Masucko. Woog was able to tone it down a bit.

2. Speaking of the Wheeler penalty, UW had no drive at all to win the game. They played well ONLY after UMN scored. Once they tied the game, they coasted. For a playoff team (at least one on the bubble) this UW team is awful. They may be the worst playoff team in the WCHA.

Gosh, Kangas looked spotty (3 of 4 UW goals were weak IMO). Connelly only gave up one weak goal (White's goal) but I wasn't really impressed with him either.

I was keyed up on two things:

1. When the Gophers are winning and playing well, Masucko has more time to comment on how the refs are jobbing the Gophers. Wheeler's penalty late in the third was a great example. It was an overt hold on Wheeler that elicited an "Oooooh" from Masucko. Woog was able to tone it down a bit.

2. Speaking of the Wheeler penalty, UW had no drive at all to win the game. They played well ONLY after UMN scored. Once they tied the game, they coasted. For a playoff team (at least one on the bubble) this UW team is awful. They may be the worst playoff team in the WCHA.

Gosh, Kangas looked spotty (3 of 4 UW goals were weak IMO). Connelly only gave up one weak goal (White's goal) but I wasn't really impressed with him either.

il give it up to kangas with that D they have. he has been the only reason they have had any chance at winning. he had a very bad game when they could have used a decent game to get a sweep. he was off but thats gona happen. i agree on uw, they only stepped up when the gophers scored. very wierd. just looking at eaves on the bench made me sick. it was 4 to 4 i think and they kept showing him like he was disgusted and was looking down on his team. i know it was strange because the camera kept going back to him as he was rolling his eyes ect...... which was for sure instructed by the fox north truck. hes a real azz hole and if i was a player and looked back and saw that from my coach i wouldnt give a rats ass i wouldnt care either

so the real question is who is the nancy boy poster child for the wcha... eaves or gwoz? eaves is a punk, but after all his comments in the paper last week, i still give the nod to gwozducky. doesn't look like anyone helped us out this weekend, thanks umd, we will pay you back for that next weekend :D oh well, the sioux just have to keep on winning!!! go sioux!!!