SiouxSports.com Forum

I love JP Lamoureux, and SO CAN YOU!

Big A HG

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was from several weeks ago. But either way...I'd give it to Gerbe over Bachman. I'm typically a purist, thinking that it's a junior/senior award. However, I was rooting hard for Duncs last year! :huh:

no way its a junior or senior award. best player that fits the criteria should win the hobey freshman through senior

no way its a junior or senior award. best player that fits the criteria should win the hobey freshman through senior

Sometimes there's not one "best player". Each player brings something unique. Since you can't split the award, if there is not one stand-out candidate, I like it going to upper-classmen. Otherwise...was Panzer really robbed?? I know we all like to think so.

Sometimes there's not one "best player". Each player brings something unique. Since you can't split the award, if there is not one stand-out candidate, I like it going to upper-classmen. Otherwise...was Panzer really robbed?? I know we all like to think so.

i think the whole panzer was robbed comes back to be a joke at the end of the day even though he had the numbers and miller had a hell of a year. if the player has the numbers and the hobey qualifications then i myself dont care what year he is in school. its not a lifetime achievement award but i understand your take on it as everyone has their own way to look at it.

ps...........panzer was robbed :sad:

i think the whole panzer was robbed comes back to be a joke at the end of the day even though he had the numbers and miller had a hell of a year. if the player has the numbers and the hobey qualifications then i myself dont care what year he is in school. its not a lifetime achievement award but i understand your take on it as everyone has their own way to look at it.

ps...........panzer was robbed :sad:

I agree it really shouldn't matter if a kid is that strong of a candidate, like Duncan. I doubt anyone was really questioning Miller's numbers. The best part about it was silencing him in the Semis...KG with a shutout of his own. :D

I agree it really shouldn't matter if a kid is that strong of a candidate, like Duncan. I doubt anyone was really questioning Miller's numbers. The best part about it was silencing him in the Semis...KG with a shutout of his own. :D

that was a fun game to be at, goehring on top of his game along with the whole team beating miller and the spartans!

How big was the shut-out tonight for solidifying Phils spot in the Hobey Hattrick? I know that facing 14 shots did not improve his save percentage much (only .01%), but his goals against average is down to a 1.61. He is currently leading in GAA and is tied for the national lead in Save % and shut-outs.

While I agree that the Hobey is Porter's to lose, I think Phil has a great chance to make the hattrick, and that in itself would be GREAT considering the goalie position was our biggest questionmark at the beginning of the year.

Keep it up JPL!!

If the season ended today, Lamoureux would end up with better career stats for GAA and SV% than Goehring. His current season totals are also better that Goehring's best season (1999-00).

Let's just hope his season ends that same way Goehring's did that year!

other than his two rings... that trumps alot of stats. lets hope jpl can top off his outstanding career with one! if mich goes out early in the ncaas and jpl tosses in another shutout or two, i think he gives porter a run. its still porters to lose.

other than his two rings... that trumps alot of stats. lets hope jpl can top off his outstanding career with one! if mich goes out early in the ncaas and jpl tosses in another shutout or two, i think he gives porter a run. its still porters to lose.

Maybe Porter can pull a TJ Hensick and mouth off to a ref and get a misconduct and then whine about it in the press conference afterwards.

dont know if any of you noticed, but Michigan beat UNO 10-1 last night. Porter had only 2 points (1g, 1a) in the game. would have expected him to have more considering everything surrounding him.

in addition, they swept tonight, game score was 2-1 and Porter had NO points....

so, total, for the weekend.....12 GOALS WERE SCORED, so he had a chance to get 12 points (all 12 goals, or a goal or assist on 12 goals)

he had 2. 2/12 or 1/6 of what he could have had in total points. not the best weekend for him. considering what he COULD have had.....

on the other side....

JPL faced 40 shots on the weekend and made 37 saves for a weekend save percentage SO FAR of .925% and gave up 3 goals in 2 games for a 1.5 GAA

in addition, they swept tonight, game score was 2-1 and Porter had NO points....

so, total, for the weekend.....12 GOALS WERE SCORED, so he had a chance to get 12 points (all 12 goals, or a goal or assist on 12 goals)

he had 2. 2/12 or 1/6 of what he could have had in total points. not the best weekend for him. considering what he COULD have had.....

on the other side....

JPL faced 40 shots on the weekend and made 37 saves for a weekend save percentage SO FAR of .925% and gave up 3 goals in 2 games for a 1.5 GAA

the hobey is porters to lose. itsd so hard for a goalie to win the hobey. if phil would have had another shutout tonight then things would have gotten a little more closer but. i still think the sioux win 3 in a row coming up and phil ends up in the hobey hattrick while the team is in denver!