SiouxSports.com Forum

So you like college hockey fights, eh?

Big A HG

Both those fights are a disgrace to hockey.

In the first one, a player attacking someone on the bench, then the other coach allowing his players to leave the bench is appalling. The most honorable thing is the two players shaking hands towards the end.

In the RIT vs. Canisus game there is something seriously wrong with Can's #2 and RIT's Captain. RIT's C clearly sucker punches a player making matters worse, and in other videos Can's #2 is put in the penalty box then leaves and attacks a player, while the player he attacked is on the ground he proceeds to smash his head into the ice from what i heard more than 6 times. He IMO shown be banned from NCAA athletics for the remainder of his career for that.

I don't know what it is but it seems like our players know a little more about the "Code" with regards to fighting in hockey. The only exception is Malone in the Peltier incident, and i'm sure he was talked to after the incident.

In the first one, a player attacking someone on the bench, then the other coach allowing his players to leave the bench is appalling. The most honorable thing is the two players shaking hands towards the end.

In the RIT vs. Canisus game there is something seriously wrong with Can's #2 and RIT's Captain. RIT's C clearly sucker punches a player making matters worse, and in other videos Can's #2 is put in the penalty box then leaves and attacks a player, while the player he attacked is on the ground he proceeds to smash his head into the ice from what i heard more than 6 times. He IMO shown be banned from NCAA athletics for the remainder of his career for that.

I don't know what it is but it seems like our players know a little more about the "Code" with regards to fighting in hockey. The only exception is Malone in the Peltier incident, and i'm sure he was talked to after the incident.

the refs screwed up by putting 2 players in the box from 1 team creating a 5on3 fight. thats a very bad job. when all 5 plus goalies decide to fight the refs have a very tough job as thats gona leave 3 fights without a ref to break it up at some point. the sucker punch to the player on the bench is busch league for sure from the first video.

That guy was given two DQ's for his move. I bet he is going to be suspended for more.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I like a good scrap, notice that no one is booing the fight.

i dont mind a scrap either but the one adam posted is out of control but what can you do as ref? not a damn thing unless they are the ones that let it get out of control to begin with.

i dont mind a scrap either but the one adam posted is out of control but what can you do as ref? not a damn thing unless they are the ones that let it get out of control to begin with.

The one guy that left the penalty box would be done for the year if I was the league commish.

The goalies fighting, reminds me of the Avs and wings...

The one guy that left the penalty box would be done for the year if I was the league commish.

The goalies fighting, reminds me of the Avs and wings...

Didn't Lammy and Kangas basically shrug their shoulders during the UND-UM series as if to say, "I have no desire to toss paws on this one"? To me the concept goalies would fight each other seems ridiculous.

Didn't Lammy and Kangas basically shrug their shoulders during the UND-UM series as if to say, "I have no desire to toss paws on this one"? To me the concept goalies would fight each other seems ridiculous.

Yep that is pretty much it.

Yep that is pretty much it.

Didn't Jordan Parise skate to center ice once during a fight and lay down his stick as if to challenge the other goalie? I can't remember the game. Seems to me like it may have been at the Final Five. I remember Zach grabbing him and skating him back to his crease.

Didn't Jordan Parise skate to center ice once during a fight and lay down his stick as if to challenge the other goalie? I can't remember the game. Seems to me like it may have been at the Final Five. I remember Zach grabbing him and skating him back to his crease.

Alaska-Anchorage I believe at the X.

Who did Lammy hug at center ice after the UM series, and any video of it

Who did Lammy hug at center ice after the UM series, and any video of it

While the ruckus was going on at center ice Lammy and Kangas were congratulating each other on a good series.

If you look closely to the video that someone posted on YouTube you can sort of see it. If I find it I will pm it to you.

in the one aboue the orange teams player who socks the guy on the bench is weak. thats busch league totally.

another good one i posted in the sat thread, canasius vs rit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwWWx8yazFs

USCHO has an article on the RIT/Canisius fight. Seems they are having some of the same "issues" regarding officiating that the WCHA is.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...thOfFracas.html

QUOTE:

"No suspensions or disciplinary actions toward the officiating crew were announced by Atlantic Hockey. In a press release last Saturday, Canisius described the officials as having

USCHO has an article on the RIT/Canisius fight. Seems they are having some of the same "issues" regarding officiating that the WCHA is.

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...thOfFracas.html

QUOTE:

"No suspensions or disciplinary actions toward the officiating crew were announced by Atlantic Hockey. In a press release last Saturday, Canisius described the officials as having

It's a damn good thing the nc$$ is dealing with serious issues, like school nicknames. It would be really sad if they would concentrate on holding officials and league administrators accountable for their actions, instead of something evil like the Fighting Sioux name.

AMEN