SiouxSports.com Forum

NDSU 2008 schedule

dlsiouxfan

Maybe if you talk about the road schedule but the HOME schedule is PITIFUL!

Texas AM Kingsville, a bad D2 team, is arguably the worst team on the home schedule but there are some pretty bad teams. How about winless Southern Utah? How about the St Cloud State out of the NSIC? THey

were 1-7 in the NCC last year. The only game that will be competitive is South Dakota.

I tell you this.... I don't miss the schedule during the transition becaue we had some horrible games too. Crookston does have an opening... tempting huh?

OK Gabe Ruth, We're in year one of the transition and we have tough time getting home games. That's a viable excuse. You really shouldn't throw stones considering the two turds the Bi-son scheduled for the nonconference games. Austin Peay and Central Connecticut are pretty much crap and you'll more like than not add another turd because Bohl and Taylor aren't interested in scheduling any non-conference games that they might lose.

http://www.areavoices.com/bisonmedia/?blog=19941

We're trying to get a game @ Wisconsin.

If you'd like an example of wag the dog BS from an administrator look no further than this. As many as three different schools would have to re-arrange their schedules to get the dates for an NDSU- Wisconsin football game to line up. Gene's just setting up an excuse to tell the Bi-son faithful when he brings in Concordia St. Paul or Arkansas- Monticello for their final non-conference game next year.

First of all, I wouldn't entirely be against another guarantee home game as long as the team is in the FCS and we don't sign a home/home with them. We're already traveling to Sam Houston in 2009.

Buying a ticket to watch an NDSU football game should be about watching the NDSU football team. It shouldn't matter who they're playing.

And second, all it would take would be for Youngstown to move our game with them to either Sept 27 or Sept 13, rather than Sept 20. They have unofficial games on those dates, but if it's not official they might be able to move somethings around.

• 2 weeks later...

If you'd like an example of wag the dog BS from an administrator look no further than this. As many as three different schools would have to re-arrange their schedules to get the dates for an NDSU- Wisconsin football game to line up. Gene's just setting up an excuse to tell the Bi-son faithful when he brings in Concordia St. Paul or Arkansas- Monticello for their final non-conference game next year.

Maybe in the Great West Days. The Gateway has 5 teams that finished the year ranked so there are plenty of good home games to go around.

Maybe in the Great West Days. The Gateway has 5 teams that finished the year ranked so there are plenty of good home games to go around.

And your enthusiasm for the Gateway has what relation to the scheduling of the "final non-conference game next year"?

It seems plausible to me that Taylor and Chapman are holding NDSU's 11th game open until they can have a chat with UND's new president.

Do you live in a special needs building in the cities? Game 11 has been agreed to they're just finishing crossing the T's and dotting the i's. It will be announced soon.

Do you have even a message board link? Anything?

On the Dan Hammer show Wednesday, just after the NDSU press conference, Bohl said they were talking with 3 or 4 schools, but that a deal was ready to be inked with one of them shortly(within a week?). He also said that a 12th game was a possibility, but unlikely at this point(I think he said most of the Gateway schools were going with 11).

OK Gabe Ruth, We're in year one of the transition and we have tough time getting home games. That's a viable excuse. You really shouldn't throw stones considering the two turds the Bi-son scheduled for the nonconference games. Austin Peay and Central Connecticut are pretty much crap and you'll more like than not add another turd because Bohl and Taylor aren't interested in scheduling any non-conference games that they might lose.

I disagree with your post. The Bison are doing the right thing by scheduling two turds for nonconference games, which by the way are still FCS opponents. Don't you know that the Bison's conference schedule includes 5 teams that were ranked and the Gateway is without question the best FSC conference around.

I disagree with your post. The Bison are doing the right thing by scheduling two turds for nonconference games, which by the way are still FCS opponents. Don't you know that the Bison's conference schedule includes 5 teams that were ranked and the Gateway is without question the best FSC conference around.

Hey that's fine if you're scheduling turds. Just don't come here and tell us their not when it's game time. Add those two along with your game against Indiana State and that means you have three games and possibly a fourth yet to be named against some of the worst teams in FCS football. "Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime" (Disclaimer: except against UND and in the Alerus Center or the Fargodome for that matter) is your advertising slogan so I guess you'll play any turd you can find so your win-loss record looks decent after you get through your other 5 games against real teams.

Hey that's fine if you're scheduling turds. Just don't come here and tell us their not when it's game time. Add those two along with your game against Indiana State and that means you have three games and possibly a fourth yet to be named against some of the worst teams in FCS football. "Anyplace, Anywhere, Anytime" (Disclaimer: except against UND and in the Alerus Center or the Fargodome for that matter) is your advertising slogan so I guess you'll play any turd you can find so your win-loss record looks decent after you get through your other 5 games against real teams.

Lets put it this way our schedule is and will always be better than anything UND can put together in the next 5 years. Look at your schedule today - were's it at? Who's putting it together?

Lets put it this way our schedule is and will always be better than anything UND can put together in the next 5 years. Look at your schedule today - were's it at? Who's putting it together?

Our schedule is in the same place yours was 5 years ago. To say yours will ALWAYS be better is stupid. You have no idea where our program will be in 5 years. Go away!!!

It's amusing that SDSU can put together schedules for '08 (iowa state, cal poly, mcneese) and '09 (georgia southern, cal poly, Minnesota in the new stadium) that are clearly better than what NDSU has on the books in '08 (austin pee, central conn) and '09 (iowa state) yet somehow UND won't manage.

It's amusing that SDSU can put together schedules for '08 (iowa state, cal poly, mcneese) and '09 (georgia southern, cal poly, Minnesota in the new stadium) that are clearly better than what NDSU has on the books in '08 (austin pee, central conn) and '09 (iowa state) yet somehow UND won't manage.

That's because everyone of these Bison guys who troll here feel that UND isn't smart enough to make the transition like they did. Haven't you heard, we're the school with majors in Ag!!!! The Med school, law school, aerospace studies, etc. will all have to be moved to Fargo where the really smart people live and go to school. :silly:

I'll be the first to admit that our non conference schedules are nothing to write home about.

But what I think he was trying to get at was the great strength of our conference schedule (which in turn necessitates a weak non conference schedule) and the fact that UND isn't in the Gateway yet.

But IMO, UND will be in the Gateway by the end of their reclassification to FCS.

I'll be the first to admit that our non conference schedules are nothing to write home about.

But what I think he was trying to get at was the great strength of our conference schedule (which in turn necessitates a weak non conference schedule) and the fact that UND isn't in the Gateway yet.

But IMO, UND will be in the Gateway by the end of their reclassification to FCS.

Your version makes sense. Of course, isn't everything better with a bit of reason in it? :silly:

Sure you can put together a schedule like SDSU but they have started out from day one doing 2 for 1's. If fact they traveled to play the Griz twice and when it came for the Griz's return trip they took the buy out. No one said und won't manage just that your schedule for the next 5 years will be hit and miss. SDSU is a fairly easy team to schedule, they don't demand much.

That's because everyone of these Bison guys who troll here feel that UND isn't smart enough to make the transition like they did. Haven't you heard, we're the school with majors in Ag!!!! The Med school, law school, aerospace studies, etc. will all have to be moved to Fargo where the really smart people live and go to school. :silly:

So only the smart people are in med, law and aerospace? Is it attitutes like this the reason for UND's falling enrollment?

We try to hold a civil discussion with you on a decent football schedule for your team in gf and we get rocked for it. Why dont you put together a real smack talk thread and lets get it on if that how you want to treat all of us "outsiders" on "your" forum. I can see that your IQ needs to be less than 49 to be here, good bye!