SiouxSports.com Forum

Big College Hockey Weekend

Big A HG

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan/Miami is on CSTV Friday at 7pm.

AA/Mankato is on Charter Main Street both nights.

Even it it helps the Sioux, I still don't think I could cheer for Gopher victories.

Do you actually get Main Street?

I got a really crappy feed for a Mankato series a while back, but when UND played SCSU and MSU, I got audio with no picture.

I got a really crappy feed for a Mankato series a while back, but when UND played SCSU and MSU, I got audio with no picture.

I live in Duluth, and except for the 1st Duluth series of the year, I've been able to listen and watch all games on Main Street without any problems.

I have PBTV so I can get FSSN and a few high def channels - so no Charter Main St. for me. Every great once in a while, there's a BSU game on channel 17.

CC Sweeps - easy.

Well, even without the Sioux playing this weekend, that doesn't mean you can't enjoy some great college hockey.

#1 Miami squares off against #2 Michigan in a battle for #1 and the CCHA lead. This is a good chance for UND to move up in the Pairwise depending on how the series turns out. The game will be on CSTV at 7pm Friday night. UND could move up to #2 in the national rankings as well. We'll really get to see which of these teams is the real deal. I have a feeling it will be a clean sweep by one of the two teams, I'm just not sure which!

#5 (PWR) Denver (who's in a tie with us in the PWR) plays #18 Minnesota. Hopefully we lit the fire under Minnesota for this weekend to sweep DU. These will be big points for both teams (just like our weekend against UMN) and should be a fun weekend to watch between them. The games will be on FSN as always, although if you don't want to be PO'd because of bad talk against UND, this is prolly the right weekend to finally mute your favorite FSN announcers.

#3 (PWR) Colorado College squares off against dangerous #20 St. Cloud State. SCSU has had a disappointing year unlike CC's surprising year. Will SCSU's great scoring forwards get the job done and give CC the beat down it deserves, or will the disappointing Huskies get smacked in the face by Cinderella's glass slipper. Again, big WCHA points at stake. If CC gets swept, we are in GREAT position to take this conference given no slipups down the stretch.

#3 (PWR) New Hampshire goes to unranked Maine to take on an always dangerous Black Bear team. This game doesn't have a whole lot at stake for Maine, but UNH will always want take the points to help their HEA cause. If UNH gets swept or even only two points, this could be huge for us possibly getting a #1 seed.

So sit back and enjoy a still-exciting weekend of college hockey! Hopefully things will work out in our favor.

I will NEVER cheer for the Gophs, I don't care what the implications are. My two least favorite teams are squaring off but I am cheering for DU....

I will NEVER cheer for the Gophs, I don't care what the implications are. My two least favorite teams are squaring off but I am cheering for DU....

again, yo dont have to cheer for them, just hope for a split for the sioux :D:lol:

Much like the entire playoffs for me(a Raiders fan). I cheered for the Patriots to lose. I really didn't care who won, as long as the Patriots lost.

I think if people take that point of view this coming weekend and cheer for Denver to lose, and not worry about who they are playing, it might work. :D:lol:

Much like the entire playoffs for me(a Raiders fan). I cheered for the Patriots to lose. I really didn't care who won, as long as the Patriots lost.

I think if people take that point of view this coming weekend and cheer for Denver to lose, and not worry about who they are playing, it might work. :D:lol:

I can't cheer for the Gophs, I don't care who they are playing. The arrogance of the Don and their fans and not to mention that asshole Puffy is too much for me to overcome.

They are on FSN Sat night as part of their Hockey Day coverage - Wild at 5pm, Goophs at 8pm - HS Hockey before and after.

It is going to be a long day of awesome hockey, I just can't imagine standing on the Baudette Bay it is going to be cold... :lol:

inch chat and a few sioux mentions

chat

Interesting stuff there.

Billy Atlanta: WHY is J.P. Lamoureux not getting more consideration for the hobey baker...I never hear his name mentioned in hobey baker discussions and he has outstanding numbers .934 SV%, 1.72 GAA, 4 SO...all while facing the stiffest competition of any team as UND has only played 2 games out of its total 27 against non-ranked opponents

Joe Gladziszewski: I think Lamoureux is getting plenty of consideration. He was prominently featured in our Hobey Tracker several times this season. The fact is that BC's Nathan Gerbe and Michigan's Kevin Porter have stood out among the pack. The next eight spots among the finalists are still wide open, and it's a strong goalie group in that pack when you consider Lamoureux, Mannino, Lerg, Zatkoff, Regan, etc. If JP continues to play well and North Dakota keeps winning over the next five weeks, the individual recognition will definitely come.

I don't have a really good reason, but I really want Michigan to pound Miami this weekend. Maybe it's because I think Miami is insanely overrated.

Part of me dislikes Mich just as much as Minn. NCAA's at Yost perhaps?

A victory over Mich did put us on the hockey map in the late 40's. It was before Minn was a factor :lol: