SiouxSports.com Forum

Political Banner

sioux7>5

Exactly what banner are you referring to?

If it's on the front page it could be an ad from Google and nothing that this website can control.

It is on the top right of the page it is a Obama 08 banner. The only time it comes up for me is on Siouxsports.com so I doubt it is a Google thing. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't know.

It is on the top right of the page it is a Obama 08 banner. The only time it comes up for me is on Siouxsports.com so I doubt it is a Google thing. Maybe I am wrong but I just don't know.

I haven't seen that either, but BigGreyAnt is right -- if you're seeing it in the upper right, it's a Google ad that I didn't intentionally chose.

It's always been important to me to try to keep visitors united as fans of the Sioux, so I definitely wouldn't intentionally introduce something divisive or use the community to try to advance a political opinion.

I'll look into if I can perform some sort of blocking by category (e.g. politics), but it's not my recollection that I can. What I know I can do is refuse specific ads (I've added blocks for ads from NDSU in the past). If you see the ad again, note the highlighted text and record the URL the ad sends it to -- that's the info I need to block it.

I haven't seen that either, but BigGreyAnt is right -- if you're seeing it in the upper right, it's a Google ad that I didn't intentionally chose.

It's always been important to me to try to keep visitors united as fans of the Sioux, so I definitely wouldn't intentionally introduce something divisive or use the community to try to advance a political opinion.

I'll look into if I can perform some sort of blocking by category (e.g. politics), but it's not my recollection that I can. What I know I can do is refuse specific ads (I've added blocks for ads from NDSU in the past). If you see the ad again, note the highlighted text and record the URL the ad sends it to -- that's the info I need to block it.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/ndlookupsem

This is what comes up when I click on it.

Ah, that explains it -- it seems to be geo-targeted to North Dakota. That's why the rest of us didn't see it. I would guess they just bought up a ton of ad space in N.D., and this being one of the biggest sites in N.D. ( :huh: ) it picked up a lot of the ad units.

I put the URL on the ban list, though it warned me that it could take up to 4 hours to take effect. Let me know if you're still seeing it tomorrow.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. ;)

Ah, that explains it -- it seems to be geo-targeted to North Dakota. That's why the rest of us didn't see it. I would guess they just bought up a ton of ad space in N.D., and this being one of the biggest sites in N.D. ( :huh: ) it picked up a lot of the ad units.

I put the URL on the ban list, though it warned me that it could take up to 4 hours to take effect. Let me know if you're still seeing it tomorrow.

Sorry again for the inconvenience. ;)

I never got that myself and I live in Grand Forks, ND.