AZSIOUX

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?

1. Sat vs. UAA and

2. First Goofers game at Home

Ya gotta help me here pal. Especially with the desperation part.

2.) Last period of the UMN game in October. they played with desperation for like 20 minutes and 6:00 the second game in the third period.

2.) Last period of the UMN game in October. they played with desperation for like 20 minutes and 6:00 the second game in the third period.

But you're not saying the Sioux have been playing with any measure of desperation lately, right? 'Cause I sure haven't seen it.

Would like to.

Just haven't.

I am really nervous about this weekend. Overall we DID NOT play well against the Gophers in Dec at the Ralph and after the performance this last weekend where we again allowed ourselves to be man-handled I have real questions about the trip to the John. We are definately more than capable of winning and winning big, but it is very dependent on what team shows up, the one with the wall for defense or the one that played this weekend. :angry:

I agree.

The Gophers are in a corner, with their backs on the wall, much like the Sioux were last year in Mariucci around this time. Makes for a dangerous team, as the Sioux well showed last year.

This said, I think that these are teams heading in the opposite direction. A sweep on the road is always a tough thing but it will happen again. Maybe pretty soon we can go with that lame line of Gopher fans, and call The John The Ralph-South East Wing. There will plenty enough of Sioux fans in the building to qualify on that front. Tack a couple of W's and it is a done deal. Except for how stupid and corny it sounds.

As for the Saturday game with UAA, a win is a win is a win and two points. The boys no doubt learned some very valuable lessons in that game that will serve them well down the stretch run.

they are in a corner and a sweep by the sioux can put them away for good. the difference is playmakers. they dont have them right now, or at least the amount of them they would need to make a run at a title. any logical gopher fan will agree with this. stoa was the biggest loss of the season and that was right off the bat and then KO. its reality, those are 2 of their top 3 players and playmakers........im not saying we are gona kill them by anymeans, no way. they havent been able to score goals for a while. lets keep it that way and goon it up, errrrr, i mean play physical hockey right wooger :angry:

yes he is a draft pick of the devils. high pick actually for a goalie. 2nd round , 38th overall pick. he would go to the AHL as they have to give a pick that high a chance of turning it around or just finding himself again. he will get a shot for sure but it will be up to him to see what happens and if he can find his forum. im sure the devils are worried as of now and im assuming jeff will be in their farm sustem next season

I'm not certain the Devils organization wants their highly drafted goalie sitting on the bench in Minnesota the rest of the year, either. And if Jeff has no problem with sitting, they should be doubly concerned. Although I will not be happy (or Happy, for that matter) if he sits the next two series and signs, I will not be surprised.

My Cred: I have a college athlete for a son who likes sitting as much as he likes homework :angry:

I'm not certain the Devils organization wants their highly drafted goalie sitting on the bench in Minnesota the rest of the year, either. And if Jeff has no problem with sitting, they should be doubly concerned. Although I will not be happy (or Happy, for that matter) if he sits the next two series and signs, I will not be surprised.

My Cred: I have a college athlete for a son who likes sitting as much as he likes homework :angry:

the night after he gave up those 2 bina like goals i said he wouldnt last the season as its kangas's team now and thats the smart play by lucia. hes the future anyways and has been giving thwe gophs at least a chance at winning if they can hold teams to 3 or less goals. he may stick it out which would show more character than leaving but i wouldnt be suprised either way.

Wouldn't be too worried about this series if I were you guys, correct me if I'm wrong but its hard to score goals if you don't shoot the puck at all, or when you do shoot it, its nowhere near the net. To add to that, isn't it hard to win if you cant score a goal? If we get a point I am happy, Kangas is going to have to steal a game for us to win. I'm hoping we can maybe get it going with the new lines from last weekend but that's probably being over optimistic. Looking forward to a fun series, see you there!

Wouldn't be too worried about this series if I were you guys, correct me if I'm wrong but its hard to score goals if you don't shoot the puck at all, or when you do shoot it, its nowhere near the net. To add to that, isn't it hard to win if you cant score a goal? If we get a point I am happy, Kangas is going to have to steal a game for us to win. I'm hoping we can maybe get it going with the new lines from last weekend but that's probably being over optimistic. Looking forward to a fun series, see you there!

shoot the puck? don't forget you will be facing a team theat only generated 13 shots on goal against the last place team in the league in their home arena.

shoot the puck? don't forget you will be facing a team theat only generated 13 shots on goal against the last place team in the league in their home arena.

Haha that is true but hey its all about the quality of the chances and how the D and goalie are playing. Look at the Friday game @ the Ralph :angry:

I'm just hoping that our D can not make stupid mistakes, because we've been giving up tons of shots lately. And even though some of those shots are garbage, we give up too many wide open from the slot, Kangas gets left out to try seemingly 5 times a game, point blank shots. Hoping the Carman-Flynn-Lucia line can keep up with the 2nd line of the Sioux, should be interesting to see the Carman line again after Saturday against Wisconsin, has a nice mix of speed and power. I think any Gopher fan can agree that Barriball needs to step his game back up and score some goals, Wheeler can't do it all.

i think the bigger ice with favor the sioux this coming weekend. more ice to move around on and in the corners to create nice offensive chances vs the young gopher D. cant wait for these games and would love to be at the ucci this weekend, oh well..........maybe the gophers will actually have a crowd this weekend or will all their tickets be bought up by sioux fans?

i think the bigger ice with favor the sioux this coming weekend. more ice to move around on and in the corners to create nice offensive chances vs the young gopher D. cant wait for these games and would love to be at the ucci this weekend, oh well..........maybe the gophers will actually have a crowd this weekend or will all their tickets be bought up by sioux fans?

They are selling them on GPL, They could fetch more if they were sold over here!!!!

they are in a corner and a sweep by the sioux can put them away for good. the difference is playmakers. they dont have them right now, or at least the amount of them they would need to make a run at a title. any logical gopher fan will agree with this. stoa was the biggest loss of the season and that was right off the bat and then KO. its reality, those are 2 of their top 3 players and playmakers........im not saying we are gona kill them by anymeans, no way. they havent been able to score goals for a while. lets keep it that way and goon it up, errrrr, i mean play physical hockey right wooger :angry:

I agree losing Stoa hurt the Gophers but not sure I would consider him a "play-maker". He's more of a big body finisher which people like Wheeler and Bare-balls desperated need to be effective. I just think their so called playmakers just haven't played that well.

I agree losing Stoa hurt the Gophers but not sure I would consider him a "play-maker". He's more of a big body finisher which people like Wheeler and Bare-balls desperated need to be effective. I just think their so called playmakers just haven't played that well.

you are correct on stoa, i should have said more of a scorer. i guess i was just saying that his loss tis season is the main reason they are what they are, right denny green :D and yes their makers havent played well, kangas has at least kept them in games for the most part