SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Mavericks

siouxnami

Sioux can't get sucked into a fight with the MSU no talent thugs, our players have a future, theirs do not. Somebody please bring a "Countdown to Jutting's Firing = 7 Games" sign. Or maybe a "Career 3rd string Goalie on a bad team, sit down shut up" sign. If the Sioux have a lead in the third, I hope that Finley is on the ice at all times with DOT, just in case MSU gets cheap again. We need a full roster next week, if they star Sh&* again just skate to you bench (except Foyt, feel free to rearrange a Mav or 2).

MSU got 2 crazy lucky goal last night and 1 in garbage time. I doubt that happens again, the D was solid, but will be without Lee tonight.

Sioux 4-2.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux can't get sucked into a fight with the MSU no talent thugs, our players have a future, theirs do not. Somebody please bring a "Countdown to Jutting's Firing = 7 Games" sign. Or maybe a "Career 3rd string Goalie on a bad team, sit down shut up" sign. If the Sioux have a lead in the third, I hope that Finley is on the ice at all times with DOT, just in case MSU gets cheap again. We need a full roster next week,WHEN they star Sh&* again just skate to you bench (except Foyt, feel free to rearrange a Mav or 2).

MSU got 2 crazy lucky goal last night and 1 in garbage time. I doubt that happens again, the D was solid, but will be without Lee tonight.

Sioux 4-2.

Fixed your post :lol:

I agree 'our players have a future' and can't afford to miss games. We need every win from here on out and our boys are the ones who can get them, ALL OF THEM!!

Anyone realize, that we were just as dangerous to ourselves last night then the Mav's were to us. We scored half their goals for them last night.

We were discussing whether or not we could throw hats on the ice if Lee scored another goal, whether for UND and Mankato, without getting a warning. I was going to ask Sheppard for a ruling after the second period but forgot.

Everyone talks about how finley is such a good fighter and they hope he is on the ice at all times. I have never seen him drop the gloves or get fiesty. I would like to see it but i dont see it comeing from him. Yes i know he is 6 feet 7 or whatever but that doesnt make him a better fighter.

Everyone talks about how finley is such a good fighter and they hope he is on the ice at all times. I have never seen him drop the gloves or get fiesty. I would like to see it but i dont see it comeing from him. Yes i know he is 6 feet 7 or whatever but that doesnt make him a better fighter.

It's coming. He's more aggressive now than earlier in the season, thank you Jesus!!!! But really, I hope not to see anymore game dq's for our guys. Everyone of them is an asset we can't afford to lose this late in the season.

I don't know how good of a fighter he is, but he can get Toews and Duncan safely off the ice. I'd say Oshie, but I not too worried about him getting hurt, more I just wouldn't want to lose him for a game.

We were discussing whether or not we could throw hats on the ice if Lee scored another goal, whether for UND and Mankato, without getting a warning. I was going to ask Sheppard for a ruling after the second period but forgot.

Yea i was ready too, in my mind good fans are the ones that can laugh off mistakes, and don't hate a player for it. I thought Lee played well last night and in his past some odd games. Maybe a DQ could help more, make him mad he's not on the ice.

We need sign ideas for tonight, I was thinking something about Jutting and that McDonald's was hiring.

It's coming. He's more aggressive now than earlier in the season, thank you Jesus!!!! But really, I hope not to see anymore game dq's for our guys. Everyone of them is an asset we can't afford to lose this late in the season.

Finley actually played well last night, for that I must give him props. I am happy that Lee is sitting out tonight, :lol: he won't be able to score on his own goal.

It was funny after the replay of the second MSU-M goal all you heard was LEEEE echo through the arena...

Finley actually played well last night, for that I must give him props. I am happy that Lee is sitting out tonight, :lol: he won't be able to score on his own goal.

It was funny after the replay of the second MSU-M goal all you heard was LEEEE echo through the arena...

Finley played very well last night. He had a touch pass to start a breakout that would have made any forward proud. He really impressed me with his touch on that. The Sioux breakout is the thing that has impressed me a lot the past two series in that the Sioux have very rarely gotten pinned in their own zone. The breakout has been very good against the Gophers and last night against Mankato.

I thought last night that the Sioux came out very physical with some good hits, and then seemed to slide into a finesse game with little hitting until Radke totally clocked that Mav late in the game. I really thought that the game was mild until the fisticuffs broke out. I've seen many games be more feisty than this without the kind of melee developing that happened last night. Tonight I see a 6-1 Sioux victory without us scoring any of their goals for them.

Ok - so who replaces Fabian and Lee? Forney and Foyt?

Expect to see Martens and Foyt. Foyt played well in the Christmas tournament out east, and Marten's speed will be an asset. The landcow forwards were playing very aggressive on the points last night, wandering out to the blue line. That really opened up the center of the ice in front of the goal for the Sioux forwards. It also allowed Chorney, Lee, and Bina to step inside those forwards and get good looks at the goal. Both Chorney and Lee scored and Bina sure could have. It is a tactic that Mankato has used all year, so expect to see it tonight. Sioux speed will dominate again and Sioux will get great scoring opportunities. The only concern that I have is the loss of Fabian from the checking line on the Travis Morin line. Morin really didn't do much at all. Maybe due to his recent injury and maybe some due to the efforts of the checking line. I don't see Hak putting Forney into that role, and it doesn't make much sense to mess up another line by moving someone up a line and putting Forney there. Martens has played off and on this year, so I expect him to take Fabian's spot. Mankato got very few quality scoring chances last night and I expect the same tonight. Sioux were a little rusty last night (even though they dominated), and will be more on their game tonight.

To Watch: Sioux get up by a couple of goals early, landcows lose hope, and things get ugly. Sioux will have to be very disciplined to avoid losing players for next weekend.

Oops - I just remembered that I believe Martens is injured. That does change things. With that in mind, Hak will have to move someone up from the fourth line and insert Forney there. Maybe move Radke into that slot?? Ouch :lol:

Did anyone else see Bina lay out that mavericks player at center ice?? The mankato player had Bina lined up and I thought Robbie was going to get crushed until they collided. That mankato player was seeing stars humped over the bench after that hit. I thought it would be the hit of the game but it was away from the play so maybe it wasnt on camera. Robbie Bina is the machine that stole your quarter!!