SiouxSports.com Forum

2006 Men's BB

UND Fan

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That would be fantastic! Will it be regular season or exhibition?

Regular season I believe it will be in January...of course at the Hilton Coliseum.....

They are also working on a deal to get the UND Women in the ISU christmas tourney....

Does anyone have a list of the incoming recruits for next year?

Pat Mitchell, a 6'7" forward from Des Moines, signed last fall. Mike Mathison from North Border and Tate Kick from Dickinson are possibilities. I would expect that either one or two jucos will be brought in for immediate help. Also, 6'8" Derek Benter from Divide County red-shirted this year and has a lot of potential.

Mens is a Lock......Womens is not confirmed yet

Sioux land D-I game against Iowa State

UND won't become a full-fledged NCAA Division I basketball school until the 2008-09 season, but the Sioux will get a taste of big-time basketball next season - their last as a Division II program.

UND will play at Big 12 member Iowa State in Ames on Jan. 5. The Sioux have a direct connection with the Iowa State program as former UND assistant Greg McDermott is the Cyclones' coach.

Pat Mitchell, a 6'7" forward from Des Moines, signed last fall. Mike Mathison from North Border and Tate Kick from Dickinson are possibilities. I would expect that either one or two jucos will be brought in for immediate help. Also, 6'8" Derek Benter from Divide County red-shirted this year and has a lot of potential.

Kick supposedly committed to Mary. I have no idea whether UND ever actually offered him.

It's kind of interesting to me that Mary is apparently going to try compete in the NSIC with team comprised almost entirely of North Dakotans. I don't see that working very well, but more power to them if it does.

Kick supposedly committed to Mary. I have no idea whether UND ever actually offered him.

It's kind of interesting to me that Mary is apparently going to try compete in the NSIC with team comprised almost entirely of North Dakotans. I don't see that working very well, but more power to them if it does.

With the players they have signed, I think they will do quite well. This year the West had some of the most talented players that they have had in years. Many of them will be going to Mary.

With the players they have signed, I think they will do quite well. This year the West had some of the most talented players that they have had in years. Many of them will be going to Mary.

We'll see. The NSIC is a tough league, and about to get a lot tougher with the probable additions of UMD, SCSU, Mankato and Augie. I'd be interested to know whether any other NSIC programs were seriously recruiting any of Mary's commits other than perhaps Kick? That would probably be a pretty good indication as to whether anybody besides Pintar actually considers these kids to be legit dII prospects. I'm as big of a proponent as anybody when it comes to giving local talent a chance, but when you consider how few North Dakotans have really been impact players in the NCC and/or NSIC over the past decade, it makes a person skeptical to think you can put all your eggs in that basket and still succeed, especially when you consider that in all likelihood, these kids weren't seriously recruited by either UND or NDSU.