SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2009-10

AZSIOUX

Guests of honor

Get ready to hunt down tickets and trek down Highway 2 a couple times next season. UND is tentatively scheduled to open both the Bemidji Regional Events Center and the new Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center next season.

The game at Bemidji will be Oct. 15, while the Duluth game is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 30. Plans are in the works to make the Duluth game the Hall of Fame game, too. It's a great place for a HoF game since Duluth is the closest D-I program to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth.

UND has strong ties to both programs.

The Beavers requested to the WCHA that UND be its first opponent in the new building. It also will mark Bemidji State's first series as a member of the WCHA -- a journey and process that UND supported.

"I

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the "U" only cares about the "U" Minnesota did not go out of their way to help BSU. It just that Minn will not be in the spot light.

FHG26 is right Lucia was the one that got the ball rolling for BSU to the WCHA.

But UND played BSU every year the gophers did not. There is a difference in being and doing.

So just because the Gophers did not play them means they did not want them in the league? That Lucia speaking up for them all those times means nothing? Not really sure I understand your logic. Lucia along with most of the other coaches know that we have to keep as many teams in college hockey as possible to keep the sport thriving! From what I recall him and Serratore are pretty good friends as well. I think you need to give your hatred for the Gophers a break for a minute and read into it a bit more.

Guests of honor

Get ready to hunt down tickets and trek down Highway 2 a couple times next season. UND is tentatively scheduled to open both the Bemidji Regional Events Center and the new Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center next season.

The game at Bemidji will be Oct. 15, while the Duluth game is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 30. Plans are in the works to make the Duluth game the Hall of Fame game, too. It's a great place for a HoF game since Duluth is the closest D-I program to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth.

UND has strong ties to both programs.

The Beavers requested to the WCHA that UND be its first opponent in the new building. It also will mark Bemidji State's first series as a member of the WCHA -- a journey and process that UND supported.

"I

Yes, so angry that we can't play frickin Bemidji. Who cares?

And luckily your not playing BSU this year. I'd say that is fortunate with the way your team is playing so far this season. :lol:

But then again considering it is blasphemy for Minnesota to play non-conference games away from the Mariucci maybe the Gophers would have a chance if they did play each other this season since they'd play them at home. :D