SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

Hak said that Davidson plays tomorrow in the post game. I would love to see him/hear him work over a MSU maverick tomrrow. :love:

and also that marto would be considered tonight and in the morning for saturdays game

hoping to see 7-10-16 together after they got some ice time together towards the end of tonights game

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bring in the Enforcer! If the game gets out of hand on the scoreboard, which I think it will, the game will get chippy. Would love to see Radke, Davidson, and Big Joe throw down. For the love of the game, please fight Joe!!!!!!

i dont want anyone but davidson throwing down as i want to have a full starting roster for uaa next weekend to kick their azzes at the ralph

davidson is good to go as he only plays here and there anyways :love:

Bring in the Enforcer! If the game gets out of hand on the scoreboard, which I think it will, the game will get chippy. Would love to see Radke, Davidson, and Big Joe throw down. For the love of the game, please fight Joe!!!!!!

AMEN! It has been looooooooooooong overdue JOE

I would recommend we save Finley for the Seawolves that one could get ugly as well.

I want to see Radke throw em.

I don't care when it happens, but it needs to happen! When Commodore fought Alex Brooks at the old Ralph, Dean Blais said on the post game that it was a million dollar fight. Meaning that fight was security for a big payday in the NHL someday. I think Joe needs that as well. Nobody knows if the guy can fight??

I don't care when it happens, but it needs to happen! When Commodore fought Alex Brooks at the old Ralph, Dean Blais said on the post game that it was a million dollar fight. Meaning that fight was security for a big payday in the NHL someday. I think Joe needs that as well. Nobody knows if the guy can fight??

Didn't he get in on some of the action last year either against UAA or MSU? I thought that pretty much everyone got in a little scuffle between those two games. I have them both recorded...I'll have to check.

Anyone have clue one if the BADgers have a on line game broadcast.

No they do not. I have looked previously and there is nothing. You are not missing much. UAA just had a goal disallowed because the net was coming off before the puck went in. That is about the only highlight to share. Basically your average dump and chase Bucky game.

BD

No they do not. I have looked previously and there is nothing. You are not missing much. UAA just had a goal disallowed because the net was coming off before the puck went in. That is about the only highlight to share. Basically your average dump and chase Bucky game.

BD

Hey I need something to put me to sleep :love:

Mannino has had a couple of bad games in a row for DU. He was pulled for the 2nd game in a row tonight after he let in 4 goals on 13 shots. :love:

DU looks to have controlled play (sog were 31-16 DU), but it is really good to see Air Force get a W against them.

What's more boring than watching a UW/UAA game? Following a UW/UAA game via a live stats website. :lol:

Got back from the game a while ago. Thanks for the ticket, NorthDakotaHockey. It was good watching the game with you.

This game had some good and bad. First period was pretty good for the Sioux even though they seemed to be slightly missing. Had they been "on" they might have scored a couple more. Lots of bouncing pucks or passes that weren't caught cleanly, or were just behind instead of ahead, etc.

Second period was pretty ugly. On Saturday in St. Cloud the Sioux won but we thought they needed to clean up some of the bad plays with the puck, especially in the defensive zone. Last week against Tech that seemed to be mostly accomplished. It appeared to come back again tonite. Some lazy or ill-advised passes or chances taken in the defensive zone, or in neutral areas that were dangerous led to many opportunities for Mankato. That has to get cleaned up or tomorrow will hurt.

Not much to say about Kaip other than PETA will be after him for beating his rented mule.

After watching LaPoint in St. Cloud and again tonite, and Marto 2 games last week I hope to see Marto tomorrow night. LaPoint seems to need a little more time to get comfortable on the ice. Either that or he just looks a little tentative in the way he does things. One or the other. I was impressed that he went to bat for Oshie when Oshie took a NASTY crosscheck about 2 seconds after the whistle blew in the first period. LaPoint mixed it up pretty well with the Mav player. Good for him.

I think Malone's injury must have set him back because he doesn't appear to be as much of a factor as he seemed to be early in the season.

Finley looked great tonite, I thought. Very confident with the puck and did a good job shutting down scoring opportunities.

Genoway was fun to watch as usual. He really does well with the open space on the big sheet.

JPL had a great night. Always looked in control and in the right place.

Oshie took a nasty slash to the elbow in the first period, and then a few minutes later took the nasty crosscheck in the back after the whistle. I hope Motzko is warning his ladies about the big bad Mavericks and their after-the-whistle stuff because they are as bad or worse than the Sioux.

I was surprised to see Trupp moved off the top line after only 2 periods. Miller has had games to play with them. I was hoping by pick for tonite's contest, Kozek, would benefit from this move but he just couldn't quite close the deal. I didn't notice that line was anything special with Trupp on it, but they didn't have much time together, either.

Speaking of closing the deal, I could have sworn in the 3rd period LaPoint scored a goal. NDH thought it hit the post and he must be right because I was the only one apparently who thought it was in. I didn't actually see the puck in the net but I did see the netting move and thought the puck must have gone in and out really fast. Anyone else see that? I must have been mistaken.

Jutting was purple after one of their goals was waived off. He was riding Thul from the time he made the call until after the faceoff, and then once play started he started riding the linesman stationed in front of his bench. I thought his head might pop off his neck. Wow.

Night, all.

we may see kozek with oshie and duncan tomorrow with him on that line in the third period. hope davidson has another solid game tomorrow replacing kaip the azz kicker

once again we gave up 1 goal. thats 3 games in a row and a hell of a great sign for our overall defense and JPL together. keep it up and we can go on a nice win streak..........4 win a row now and we have given up 5 total goals in the 4 wins, lets make it 5 saturday night

til tomorrow.................go siouxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

friday game article

gotta love the kaiper :love:

For Kaip, his payback was personal.

During a February series last season in Ralph Engelstad Arena, fights broke out and Kaip and Trevor Bruess became tangled on the ice. Bruess proceeded to punch Kaip, who looked to the bench and asked if he could fight back. But because Kaip already had one fighting major that year, Sioux coaches told him no because he'd have to sit out two games. So Kaip continued to take blows from Bruess without retaliating.

This time, the pair dropped their gloves at 6:15 of the third period, just seconds after a faceoff in Mankato's zone. Kaip quickly pulled Bruess' jersey over his head and went to work, landing punches with both hands.