SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ MAVERICKS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Folks, here's hoping the Kelly Green brings some old school bioux-ya tonight. Now remember, no poopie-pants whiny talk if things aren't going perfectly. Remember, it's our beloved Fiiiiiiiiiiiightinnnnnnnnggg Siouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuxxxxx!!!!

taz'll be there tomorrow night!

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

UND's lines

20 Matt Watkins--29 Chris VandeVelde--17 Rylan Kaip

16 Ryan Duncan--7 T.J. Oshie--19 Evan Trupp

10 Andrew Kozek--11 Darcy Zajac--21 Matt Frattin

26 Kyle Radke--22 Brad Malone--8 Ryan Martens

4 Taylor Chorney--28 Robbie Bina

2 Joe Finley--5 Chay Genoway

6 Zach Jones--3 Derrick LaPoint

1 Phil Lamoureux

30 Aaron Walski

scratches - miller didnt make trip as hes sick, marto-forney-davidson

Minnesota State-Mankato's lines

12 Rylan Galiardi--37 Jon Kalinski--21 Mick Berge

29 Joel Hanson--23 Trevor Bruess--9 Kael Mouillierat

19 Geoff Irwin--10 Zach Harrison--15 Jerad Stewart

18 James Gaulrapp--7 Andrew Sackrison--20 Jason Wiley

28 Channing Boe--4 Brian Kilburg

5 Ben Youds--17 Blake Friesen

25 R.J. Linder--22 Kurt Davis

1 Mike Zacharias

49 Dan Tormey

31 Austin Lee

DOT part 2 tonight

Duncan Oshie Trupp :ohmy:

its perfect, just think of it as a decent sequal ya know. usually sequals suck pretty bad but lets go with a not as potent original :lol:

This should be a fun line to watch. I think most of us have been waiting to see this the majority of the year.

Have to wait until after the game to make that determination, or at least, IMO.

True, but based on how they are playing and my personal expectations...tonights game might be a bad judge too if Mankato doesn't come out to play. Either way, should be fun to hopefully continue the winning ways from here til April.

Hakstol's pre-game comments:

Hopefully with hard work, you get a few bounces and breaks, and over the past few games, we've worked hard and got some bounces and breaks. Don't think it's ever been about confidence. Sometiimes, it takes some guys to get comfortable. Since Xmas, our guys have felt good about our play.

One or two guys that were a little bit off each night, but we've gotten some good solid play from our veteran players on defense. Each of the young guys have done a good job. LaPoint will be back in tonight. It's important for him to get back in after the injury. Marto is available and may play tomorrow night.

They'll be hard fought game. A little bit of history between these two teams. I expect it to be a physical series. We just have to play to our strengths. Bottom line, we just have to win a hockey game and take a step towards where we want to be. We have to make sure we're a good solid physical team. That doesn't mean we run around looking for checks, just finishing checks when they're then. On defense, we want to be tougher against the other team in front of our own nets. We did well with that last week. The Mavericks are another team who do that, so we'll have to do it again tonight.

With Tech, they had 4 or 5 guys down low, loosening things up high. Minnesota St. is pretty much the exact opposite, keeping their wingers up high. We'll have to play well, and when our defensemen can jump in, they need to do that, but be ready to jump back in a hurry. These guys play well, and have four balanced line who transition the puck well and skate well. It will make for a good match-up.

Just to take a look at it, we put Trupp on with Oshie and Duncan. Wednesday, we went back to last week, but as fate would have it, Miller is out with the flu, so we're going back to where we were on Tuesday. I think he's excited about the opportunity, so I think he'll go out and play well. He adds a lot to the line. He thinks ahead of the play and creates puck possession, especially for a smaller guy. He has that uncanny ability to get the puck back, which you don't normally say about smaller players.

Vande Velde has really become a kingpin for us, really quietly. He has a pretty big responsibility for our team right now, especially on a big game like this weekend. He's a guy who can really separate himself from others.

Bottom line in goaltending, Phil needs to play better than the guy on the other end of the rink. I think he has a big challenge ahead of him tonight with Zacharias playing as well as he has been.

True, but based on how they are playing and my personal expectations...tonights game might be a bad judge too if Mankato doesn't come out to play. Either way, should be fun to hopefully continue the winning ways from here til April.

I have a hard time believing Mankato won't be ready for us. I tend to think that they think of us as more of a rival than a lot of other teams, probably excluding Minnesota. Our games with Mankato are always physical, and I think we really have become a rival game for them.

I have a hard time believing Mankato won't be ready for us. I tend to think that they think of us as more of a rival than a lot of other teams, probably excluding Minnesota. Our games with Mankato are always physical, and I think we really have become a rival game for them.

I don't disagree with that, Mankato is never a gimme, so we can't take 'em lightly. It just doesn't mean they won't fold after a a goal or two lead by us. Mankato usually makes it a tough game to win because they keep pace with us scoring-wise. If I remember right, we've scored at least four goals against them nearly every time the last couple years (I might be way off on that). If our defense can keep them in check, we'll be fine and win by more than one.

I don't disagree with that, Mankato is never a gimme, so we can't take 'em lightly. It just doesn't mean they won't fold after a a goal or two lead by us. Mankato usually makes it a tough game to win because they keep pace with us scoring-wise. If I remember right, we've scored at least four goals against them nearly every time the last couple years (I might be way off on that). If our defense can keep them in check, we'll be fine and win by more than one.

Mankato is just a team I don't like playing, simply because they play us so well the majority of times. There have been a few times when we blow them out or make for a somewhat easy win, but most the time, they play us tough. The good thing is that we tend to play them better in their barn than in our own barn. Not sure why that is.

Anyone else's B2 Network freezing out? Not sure if it's the feed or the station doing it.