SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs MICH TECH

AZSIOUX

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic is too nice of a term to describe it. UW took one to the jewels on that but it is the WCHA. I would expect nothing less.

It is a sad commentary on the WCHA, but true. The WWF has better "referees" and officiating :blush:

Pathetic is too nice of a term to describe it. UW took one to the jewels on that but it is the WCHA. I would expect nothing less.

we can say what we want about the "homerism" for the gophers as far as power plays go, but this is the second time in a month that denver has had a goal allowed for them(SCSU) and not allowed for their opponent(UW) that affected the outcome. I would start to say the league darlings are now the Denver Pioneers as far as officiating goes. on a side note I was absolutely shocked that campion allowed finley's goal last night considering the way he officates games against the Sioux.

we can say what we want about the "homerism" for the gophers as far as power plays go, but this is the second time in a month that denver has had a goal allowed for them(SCSU) and not allowed for their opponent(UW) that affected the outcome. I would start to say the league darlings are now the Denver Pioneers as far as officiating goes. on a side note I was absolutely shocked that campion allowed finley's goal last night considering the way he officates games against the Sioux.

One point - do we know for sure the official game clock is synced with the FSN clock on the screen? I don't know how that works - if they were showing the actual scoreboard in the corner like the old days we would know for sure.

One point - do we know for sure the official game clock is synced with the FSN clock on the screen? I don't know how that works - if they were showing the actual scoreboard in the corner like the old days we would know for sure.

thats the only thing i could think of as well and can we please stop with the gopher homerism crap. didnt have squat to do with them

There is tons of talk on USCHO about this. Even not looking at the clock, the ref signals goal, the players celebrate, and the goal light comes on all before the green light signaling the end of the game comes on. This light is synched with the game clock so it goes off at zero. You also can't turn on the goal light if the green light is on. In this case, the goal judge turned it on after the ref gave the goal signal, still before the green light came on. So the puck indeed did cross the line before the clock expired. You can also compare the light coming on and the tv clock, as they are almost spot on. The question brought up is did the ref just blow the call or was the clock on the replay not properly reset after an icing call that led to the faceoff. Either way, the goal was good.

Edit: Another possible case I read is that the ref saw zero when the clock switched from 1.0 seconds to .9 seconds and thought the game was over. He said he had never seen that before. If you watch the clock, it indeed does go to 0.0 before going to .9. This is how the clock switches from 1 to .9 and any moron can figure out if the clock continued to count down it must not have actually been zero. It is very unlikely the clock would hit zero and then reset to .9 and then count down, but thats what the ref or whoever makes the decision thought. Yeah, ok.

sioux move up to a tie for 6th in pairwise after last nights games. each win will move us up higher and higher in the pwr - lets get another tonight

http://siouxsports.com/hockey/rankings/pwr/

A #1 seed is a strong possibility (displacing Miami). They only need to lose a game or two to their relatively weak opponents, and the Sioux need a bit of a run.

I can't see us displacing Michigan, DU or CC at this point. Which is just fine, because in that event, we most likely get sent to Worcester or Albany.

A #1 seed is a strong possibility (displacing Miami). They only need to lose a game or two to their relatively weak opponents, and the Sioux need a bit of a run.

I can't see us displacing Michigan, DU or CC at this point. Which is just fine, because in that event, we most likely get sent to Worcester or Albany.

good points......the only way to gain on du will be go on a nice run here then sweep then when we play them again, cc and michigan i think will roll and the thing that maimi cant do is take losses back to back as their schedule wont back them in many losses in the pwr. lets dstart the run tonight and continue it til we got to minny and put them down and out. win win win

thats the only thing i could think of as well and can we please stop with the gopher homerism crap. didnt have squat to do with them

Considering it's the BADgers that got hosed I expect a meaningless apology. But considering it's the WCHA no disciplinary action taken to the official that screwed up will occur.

how did this get waived off?? pathetic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rJgJvUAP9I

What's crazy is that this is the 3rd time that a team has gotten hosed playing against DU in Magness.

The first time was UAA...either 2 or 3 years ago.

Last year against UMD.

And now this year against UW.

Something crooked is afoot in Denver!

This is a bigger scandal than Wooger's phantom assist claim at the Ralph! :blush: