SiouxSports.com Forum

"report" button

jimdahl

Another pillar in our efforts to improve the quality of discussion on the forum is you! The forum is busier than ever, and we need more eyes on the ground.

When you see a problem post, particularly personal attacks against other members (attacking the messenger instead of the message), click report (in the lower left corner of each post) and let us know!

Be a little judicious in its use, as each time we receive a report we're going to be predisposed to take that out on someone, so it's better for all of us if the post really is problematic. ;)

I can't help but think of that Andy Griffith episode with Gomer Pyle yelling "Citizen's arrest, citizen's arrest".

Sorry, it just popped in my head. ;)

If you report at least 1 post per month for 6 months, you get one of these.

41772375_150x150_Front.jpg41041062v7_150x150_Front.jpg

Oops, wrong link! I mean one of these:

193786042_150x150_Front.jpg

Isn't that going to make this forum heavy handed like GPL? I mean I like the forum because it isn't a flame feast or hasn't been but your going to get people reporting people just out of spite.

This doesn't represent a change in any policy, rather will hopefully just make us more consistent in applying existing policies (which should make everyone happy).

When you click "Report", it doesn't automatically do anything to the post; it just invisibly notifies us that it's one we should make sure to look at. When we do look, we'll evaluate it using the same criteria we do now for the posts we already read. This just makes sure posts that readers think are potentially troublesome are among those we read.

Clicking "report" simply out of spite won't work because if there's nothing wrong with the reported post, we wouldn't do anything to it, and would instead probably get back to the person who made the false report.

The question has come up, outside of this forum, what are the posting policies and evaluation criteria referenced in the above post.

Rules to which everyone agrees when they join:

From: http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

Forum Terms & Rules

Please take a moment to review these rules detailed below. If you agree with them and wish to proceed with the registration, simply click the "Register" button below. To cancel this registration, simply hit the 'back' button on your browser.

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Explanations of how moderation is applied:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=8853

Those materials could undoubtedly use refining, but everything you need to know is there.

The question has come up, outside of this forum, what are the posting policies and evaluation criteria referenced in the above post.

Rules to which everyone agrees when they join:

From: http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

Explanations of how moderation is applied:

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=8853

Those materials could undoubtedly use refining, but everything you need to know is there.

Althoguh there have not been too many times when I feel i would have used this button... there are plenty of times I would have been close... and I have done it on other websites... you guys should see the crap people post on the "petition to keep the fighting Sioux logo" Facebook group... totally ridiculous bull wish you could see it..