SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs NEW HAMPSHIRE

AZSIOUX

I don't think it was an acting job at all.

I think he got the wind knocked out of him.

Really why? I was pretty close to the ice it looked like a classic claude the Fraude dive.

On getting his wind knocked out, I suppose maybe he knocked himself out diving but the initial d

ive after the contact was blatant.

---Edit-------

I am not saying Phil is a bad person or a bad goalie. He had a great game.

Phil has a tendancy to be a bit dramatic. Some have called him a drama queen.

In fact It was uttered in the section I was sitting in. There was an embelishment on the dive.

The ref didn't buy it.

When I was sitting in the stands someone said he is out. Go look he is moving the arm.

Then he came up. The fact that the training staff took their time getting there was telling.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really why? I was pretty close to the ice it looked like a classic claude the Fraude dive.

On getting his wind knocked out, I suppose maybe he knocked himself out diving but the initial d

oh he could have gotten the wind knocked out of him for sure. thats a natural reaction to that as its hard to breathe but i think the point is he did it to himself. he did get hit but then he made it 100 percent worse ;)

oh he could have gotten the wind knocked out of him for sure. thats a natural reaction to that as its hard to breathe but i think the point is he did it to himself. he did get hit but then he made it 100 percent worse ;)

Yep that makes sense.

---Edit-------

I am not saying Phil is a bad person or a bad goalie. He had a great game.

Phil has a tendancy to be a bit dramatic. Some have called him a drama queen.

In fact It was uttered in the section I was sitting in. There was an embelishment on the dive.

The ref didn't buy it.

When I was sitting in the stands someone said he is out. Go look he is moving the arm.

Then he came up. The fact that the training staff took their time getting there was telling.

Also TJ skated up to him, said something and skated away utterly unconcerned.

Next time he needs to rock side to side like it stung him some. Get up and skate it off. Much more believable, especially when you're going to stay in the game.

Don't forget the three keys. "Take the Dive, Act Hurt, Get Indignant."

Of course it was a legitimate checking the goaltender infraction. Phil didn't need to embellish.

On a more serious note I respect the Sioux because they do the least diving in the league. Because of that they should but don't get the benefit of the doubt on calls where they don't go down. If I was a ref I would be very careful calling penalties in favor of a diver. However Adam took it out against the entire team last night (in my opinion of course).

Up until that point Adam was actually if anything benefiting the Sioux.

On a more serious note I respect the Sioux because they do the least diving in the league. Because of that they should but don't get the benefit of the doubt on calls where they don't go down. If I was a ref I would be very careful calling penalties in favor of a diver. However Adam took it out against the entire team last night (in my opinion of course).

Up until that point Adam was actually if anything benefiting the Sioux.

Adam looked agitated after that and it didn't help UND at all.

I think Adam is a horse bleep official but he had a point this time.

Adam looked agitated after that and it didn't help UND at all.

I think Adam is a horse bleep official but he had a point this time.

Then get some balls (or is it pucks) and call the embellishment on the player! Don't call 4 straight penalties on the team.

Embellishment is a two minute penalty.

Then get some balls (or is it pucks) and call the embellishment on the player! Don't call 4 straight penalties on the team.

Yep, the rest of Adams calls were get even with UND/Lammy. I was actually surprised when I say Adam called a penalty an a UNH player for slashing a Sioux player at the start of the game. I figured/thought that since we were UND our fans shoud expected our players to be slashed.

I liked the moves.

I like Oshie at center. (Of course, we should all be worried about where the Blues want Oshie to be played. ;) )

I also like VandeVelde at center.

Splitting them gives us better scoring balance - teams will check Oshie-Duncan-[anyone] pretty hard anyway, so better scoring threats elsewhere up and down the lineup will help take the pressure off.

I agree about Genoway-Trupp-Frattin. They created a lot last night and could have had more than one.

Before the break, faceoffs were a problem for the Sioux. And we didn't have as much puck possession as we're used to.

Check the faceoffs from last night, an early indicator of what's working:

http://www.fightingsioux.com/downloads1/30...DB_OEM_ID=13500

Wow! Trupp had 8 shots. That's twice the next guy, Duncan, with 4.

I guess I'm going against the grain today, but I thought the Sioux looked like crap for most of the game again...Blind passing, dumping the puck to the opposing team in our zone, and the inability to make 3 crisp passes was a recipe for their poor start of the season. I do give credit to UNH for keeping the sticks on the ice and effectively poke checking and clogging the lanes against the Sioux, but we have to take the responsibility for not even skating! I saw maybe two people who skated all night and the rest looked like they were pulling plows! If we win tonight, it won't be due to the same play we had on Friday, but rather getting more physical with UNH and clearing the lanes for passing!

Lastly, Oshie is an animal and he is relentless when it comes to attacking the puck and the player - he will be sorely missed from our Championship team next year! ;)

BobIwabuchiFan

I agree with you the Sioux made some bad decisions with the puck last night, but I thought the effort looked way better than what was given during the series with MN.

I agree with you the Sioux made some bad decisions with the puck last night, but I thought the effort looked way better than what was given during the series with MN.

Against Minnesota he was not playing at all his physical game. I take that as his injury was pretty severe. (Hakstol said that he was crosschecked in Denver BTW) Last night he initiated a few checks but still was not the same old TJ.

He still doesn't have his game back.

And JPL...please! I saw better acting at my daughter's 1st grade Christmas program 2 week ago. She thought he was dead and almost started to cry! ;) UNH is solid and we were/are better--bottom line. Hope to say the same thing later tonight. SWEEP!!!

Speaking of Diving, anyone notice two or three times that the New Hampshire players just fell down behind the play when one of our guys was skating by them? The first time I thought perhaps we had tripped him up, but it happened again after that.

I noticed plenty of players falling and lots of bouncing pucks. It seemed like the ice wasn't in good shape. Did they have it covered up for something or even removed for some crazy reason?

Here's a conspiracy theory and probably just bunk, but...

Maybe JPL has to dive because that is the only way the officials will protect the goaltender. And Don Adam isn't exactly the most awe inspiring official when it comes to player safety records...

That being said, I didn't see the act and I think JPL does have a little too much drama to him. The problem I see (as stated in this thread) is that if it was diving then he should have been called for it and then that would be that. Instead, Adam sends Bina to the box. Whatever, tit for tat I guess.

UNH is finding out that diving is only illegal if they can get the other guy for something.

I'm impressed that they called Bina for holding the stick. Usually that's legal in the WCHA.

Well, some pushing and shoving after the game apparently so tempers will be up tonight. With Adam on the ice, I just hope that no one gets hurt (UND or UNH).

Off topic, but Michigan state loses the third place game in the tourney to Providence, 5-3. That's gotta hurt.

How does this affect us? We beat Michigan State and MTU and Providence have to be ugly losses PWR wise... does this lower MSU's PWR value to where it may cost us down the road?

NOTE: I may be completely wrong about how PWR works. I may be thinking of KRACH. Doesn't matter. I don't get either of the systems.

And with PWR and KRACH in mind, should we root for MTU against the Wolverines? I really want to.