SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Worn Casey Jersey

Displaced Nodak

Any idea what the value would be on a game worn Jon Casey home jersey?

It is not autographed and the owner wants to know if washing it in order to make it wearable would depreciate the value or if they should just have it framed.

By the way, a certain establishment in the GF area is renovating and the manager told them to throw out all of the old memorabilia to include some autographed sticks (Ian Kidd, Hrkac, Joyce and others from the 1987 team).

Thanks

Any idea what the value would be on a game worn Jon Casey home jersey?

It is not autographed and the owner wants to know if washing it in order to make it wearable would depreciate the value or if they should just have it framed.

By the way, a certain establishment in the GF area is renovating and the manager told them to throw out all of the old memorabilia to include some autographed sticks (Ian Kidd, Hrkac, Joyce and others from the 1987 team).

Thanks

Maybe they should think about donating these items to UND. Would be interesting to see them on an auction, besides just the jerseys (not that theres anything wrong with jerseys). :lol:

Remodeling or not, why would anyone throw away this stuff?? This is part of the rich Sioux tradition!

That guy deserves the "Stupid" award AZSioux used to give out!

They didn't just throw out some Sioux stuff. They also threw out things like a Troy Aikman autographed UCLA jersey, Kirby Puckett autographed Twins jersey and a bunch of other stuff that the employees all split up amongst themselves. My friend snagged most of the Sioux stuff to include the Casey jersey, Hrkac and Kidd sticks. It sounded to me like the story you hear about the little old lady that wanted to sell her old Chevy for $1000 and it turns out to be a 67' Camaro in mint condition.

They didn't just throw out some Sioux stuff. They also threw out things like a Troy Aikman autographed UCLA jersey, Kirby Puckett autographed Twins jersey and a bunch of other stuff that the employees all split up amongst themselves. My friend snagged most of the Sioux stuff to include the Casey jersey, Hrkac and Kidd sticks. It sounded to me like the story you hear about the little old lady that wanted to sell her old Chevy for $1000 and it turns out to be a 67' Camaro in mint condition.

If that were me, I would have snagged it all. Even if I didn't want it, E-bay is a very profitable site!

Never ever wash a game worn jersey. Personally, I hate when people wear them as well but that is up to the person who paid a premium to get it whether they want the jersey to remain in the game worn condition that they received it in. Put it in a frame on the wall.

Never ever wash a game worn jersey. Personally, I hate when people wear them as well but that is up to the person who paid a premium to get it whether they want the jersey to remain in the game worn condition that they received it in. Put it in a frame on the wall.

Let me get this right. We don't wash a game worn jersey, we keep the sweat and all the other goodies that go with the game in the shirt.

Let me get this right. We don't wash a game worn jersey, we keep the sweat and all the other goodies that go with the game in the shirt.

The blood, stick and board marks are what make game worn jerseys awesome and unless you wash the jersey religiously, this won't come out.

absolutlely!! I was almost out of the family for "attempting" (I put the jersey in for a wash, but was stopped) to wash a game worn....I've been told to keep all the sweat,blood, and tears on a jersey....If I bought a game worn jersey, I would frame it and say, "Yep, *insert players name* was the last one to wear this!". Especially a Frozen Four! :glare:

Even for hockey, that is gross

As previously posted, every game worn jersey that you win from the UND hockey program is washed before it is put on display for bids. When the winner gets the jersey it is clean! So, much as you may profess or like to think it has all the 'sweat and other goodies' from the player who wore the jersey, it's long gone before you get it. I also know that the Holy Cross game worns were also washed before we got them.

I don't know about any other programs game worn jerseys. There may be some that are sold/given/taken right after they have been worn and never washed. AZ, do you know?

As previously posted, every game worn jersey that you win from the UND hockey program is washed before it is put on display for bids. When the winner gets the jersey it is clean! So, much as you may profess or like to think it has all the 'sweat and other goodies' from the player who wore the jersey, it's long gone before you get it. I also know that the Holy Cross game worns were also washed before we got them.

I don't know about any other programs game worn jerseys. There may be some that are sold/given/taken right after they have been worn and never washed. AZ, do you know?

im pretty sure UND washed the jerseys before selling or auctions. many teams do as well. thats not gona take anything off the jersey really with a simple wash but like diggler said if you wash it over and over on purpose using solutions to get stuff out then you will f it up as gamer