SiouxSports.com Forum

Erik Fabian

Displaced Nodak

I went to a Pensacola Ice Pilots game last week and about 7 minutes into the game there was the most lopsided beat down I have seen in person at a hockey game. When it was all said and done, the guy from the Mississippi Sea Wolves was a bloody mess. He looked like Ric Flair after a cage match! Much to my surprise, when they announced the penalties the guy that did the beating down was ERIK FABIAN! I got goose bumps and had flashbacks to Jim Archibald, Dan Brennan and Carey Eades!

By the way Fabian plays for the Pensacola Ice Pilots in the ECHL and the NHL Network features games from this league...not the best hockey to watch, but worth watching and seeing how a few former Sioux and other WCHAers are doing.

I went to a Pensacola Ice Pilots game last week and about 7 minutes into the game there was the most lopsided beat down I have seen in person at a hockey game. When it was all said and done, the guy from the Mississippi Sea Wolves was a bloody mess. He looked like Ric Flair after a cage match! Much to my surprise, when they announced the penalties the guy that did the beating down was ERIK FABIAN! I got goose bumps and had flashbacks to Jim Archibald, Dan Brennan and Carey Eades!

By the way Fabian plays for the Pensacola Ice Pilots in the ECHL and the NHL Network features games from this league...not the best hockey to watch, but worth watching and seeing how a few former Sioux and other WCHAers are doing.

I don't recall him ever getting in an actual fight in a Sioux uniform. However, things can change when a player turns pro and the fighting rules are different.

I don't recall him ever getting in an actual fight in a Sioux uniform. However, things can change when a player turns pro and the fighting rules are different.

Especially at that level of hockey. Yes, fighting has decreased in recent years, but that still tends to be the level where most fights occur (well, I shouldn't say for sure as I'm not sure about major juniors, which I believe used to be one of the roughest levels to play, and still may be).

Yes, it is a shock that Fabian got into a fight that went to this level. Did you see what provoked the fight?

he kind of did vs mankato lat year buts that wa about it. msu decided they had enough with getting their assed kicked on the ice. the ECHL is a good fighting league so most players there maybe will drop the gloves at least once.

it wasnt much but here it is

FABIAN

my favorite part is kaip getting his face beat because he cant fight back having fought vs UAA then gets up and asks if he can go :lol:

if someone has the song FABIAN by "red seal peach" it would be a classic to go with his video of fighting :D i have the masterpiece ;) but dont have a link to post it, i will try

he kind of did vs mankato lat year buts that wa about it. msu decided they had enough with getting their assed kicked on the ice. the ECHL is a good fighting league so most players there maybe will drop the gloves at least once.

it wasnt much but here it is

FABIAN

my favorite part is kaip getting his face beat because he cant fight back having fought vs UAA then gets up and asks if he can go :lol:

if someone has the song FABIAN by "red seal peach" it would be a classic to go with his video of fighting :D i have the masterpiece ;) but dont have a link to post it, i will try

Yeah "wasn't much" is right....that is far from a fight!!!

Fabian came in and jabbed at a loose puck and the defenseman hit him pretty late. Fabian popped him with the gloves on and as soon as the defenseman dropped his gloves it was all over but the crying. I'm here to tell you, he whipped that guys ass and bloodied him up pretty bad. The trainer came running out and took the guy straight to the locker room and I don't recall seeing him back on the ice the rest of the game.

That was the first ECHL game I have been to and like I said, the hockey wasn't all that great, but there was alot of big hits and several fights throughout the game.

I have lived in florida now for about 3 1/2 years and go to quite a few games of the Florida Everblades which is an ECHL team here(Ft Myers) Tonight they were playing Pensacola so I was able to watch Fabian play, he played pretty well. The hockey here is actually quite good, I think the reason you maybe don't think it is that great is because Pensacola is usually a bad team every year and is the doormat of the league. The Everblades are pretty tough every year and their players are consistently plucked away by the AHL and NHL. Atmosphere is good here, especially considering it is in FL. Couple of former Sioux have played for the Everblades since I have been here including David Lundbohm and Tim O Connell. I had heard about the Fabian fight and was hoping he would get in a scrap tonight but no such luck!

I have lived in florida now for about 3 1/2 years and go to quite a few games of the Florida Everblades which is an ECHL team here(Ft Myers) Tonight they were playing Pensacola so I was able to watch Fabian play, he played pretty well. The hockey here is actually quite good, I think the reason you maybe don't think it is that great is because Pensacola is usually a bad team every year and is the doormat of the league. The Everblades are pretty tough every year and their players are consistently plucked away by the AHL and NHL. Atmosphere is good here, especially considering it is in FL. Couple of former Sioux have played for the Everblades since I have been here including David Lundbohm and Tim O Connell. I had heard about the Fabian fight and was hoping he would get in a scrap tonight but no such luck!

I actually live near Biloxi and even worse for me, the Sea Wolves are our local team. So, between them and the Ice Pilots, I don't know who is worse! We actually have a guy who is the third goalie for the Sea Wolves come out and play in our open hockey nights and he is terrible.

Anyway, I'll keep going on occassion just to take care of my live hockey fix and to hopefully keep my sons interested in playing.

I think next time the Ice Pilots roll in to town that I'll have to bust out the Sioux jersey and sit near their bench...did you know that John Marks is their head coach?

The ice has to be really slow in these rinks don't they?

The ice here (Biloxi) is pretty bad. I know when the kids have the ice they get it in blocks of four to five hours and they never run the zam over it in between sessions. It gets pretty torn up and I imagine that can't be good for the sheet. When we have open hockey the ice is never zammed before we come out, only scraped from the last skate. The only time I have seen them run the zam is before and during the Sea Wolves games. Other than that I think they only scrape it. There are all kinds of high and low spots and huge grooves or holes where you can tell that the ice is clearly neglected. Of course, the guy that runs the arena has already come out and told us (the local hockey assn) that hockey is his last priority and he could care less if it sat empty versus have anything going on at all. This is a fairly common sentiment across the region (Jackson, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, etc...). I would have to say that the closest good hockey town to us is Nashville or Huntsville; each of which is about 6 hours away. The big arguement around here is that "you can always play inline;" NO THANKS!

Anyway, at $250 an hour for ice, you would think they could at least run the zam over it! Oh yeah, our arena (Mississippi Coast Coliseum) is generally pretty warm inside. When you skate through the slot on both ends you can feel the warm air flowing through the arena. Especially last Sunday when it was still 70 outside while we were skating at 9:00 PM.

• 1 month later...

Here is a link to a picture of Eric Fabian busting that dude's ass! You can see a sequence of the entire fight on the website. They make it look like the Seawolf came out on top, but trust m, Fabian absolutely dusted this dude....the look on his face in this picture tells the whole story. Too bad he can't give our boys that kind of fighting spirit for this year!

http://msseawolves.com/multimedia/gallerie...id=111&t=12

I don't think it has been posted, but I work with a guy whose son does the video for the Seawolves home games and I will check to see if he can get me a copy or post it somewhere to be seen.

I am going to have a copy of this picture with me the next time the Ice Pilots come to town and see if Eric will sign it for me. Now if I can find a sweet picture of John Marks I'd try and get him to sign one for me too. Anyone have any ideas?

I don't think it has been posted, but I work with a guy whose son does the video for the Seawolves home games and I will check to see if he can get me a copy or post it somewhere to be seen.

I am going to have a copy of this picture with me the next time the Ice Pilots come to town and see if Eric will sign it for me. Now if I can find a sweet picture of John Marks I'd try and get him to sign one for me too. Anyone have any ideas?

Cool

So I asked about the video of Fabian rearranging old boy's face...here is the answer:

The ECHL owns all rights to game videos and teams are not permitted to use them for promotional or other uses outside of reviewing film for scouting purposes.

On the bright side, they are checking into whether or not they can allow me to have a copy of the portion in which the fight occurred. The best part is that I asked the question last night at our open hockey night and one of the Seawolves players was out skating around with us before we started. When he found out that I asked the A/V guy about the video he approached me and wanted to know why I wanted a video of a Seawolf getting beat down. I have no idea who the guy was, but I could tell he was not happy and I am glad that he left the ice once we got started....BIG SOB!!!

Anyone find any good pics of John Marks yet?

So I asked about the video of Fabian rearranging old boy's face...here is the answer:

The ECHL owns all rights to game videos and teams are not permitted to use them for promotional or other uses outside of reviewing film for scouting purposes.

On the bright side, they are checking into whether or not they can allow me to have a copy of the portion in which the fight occurred. The best part is that I asked the question last night at our open hockey night and one of the Seawolves players was out skating around with us before we started. When he found out that I asked the A/V guy about the video he approached me and wanted to know why I wanted a video of a Seawolf getting beat down. I have no idea who the guy was, but I could tell he was not happy and I am glad that he left the ice once we got started....BIG SOB!!!

Anyone find any good pics of John Marks yet?

Sure would hate to get any free promotional video out on the internet. After all you might get a few fans excited about the game.

Kudo's to the NHL for realizing that video on youtube creates interest in their product sells more seats and creates higher ratings.

Another ECHL'er here in Bako....get to see Oconnell from time to time and Jake Moreland a Grand Forks kid, but unfortunately no former Sioux play here. Although our head of hockey ops is UND hall of famer Bob Bartlet, we haven't been able to lure any of the boys here.