SiouxSports.com Forum

Radke?

Prpichrocks_19

Radke is not an "awful" player. He would dress for many teams in the WCHA tomorrow. He has been caught in the position of odd man out. He lost his defensive spot during the year last year, and his move to forward has just not panned out, depth wise, for him.

He is still a Fighting Sioux player and obviously stood up for Coach Hakstol at Tech (though not advisable), so he still bleeds green. I'm sure he would love to dress, but he has lost out in the numbers game. He'll get another shot, and I'm sure he'll do his best to contribute however he can in the mean time.

Thank you

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that I've heard him apply to Radke's style of play. If I'm wrong, I'm sure someone will correct me.

Come on PCM your not wrong, I have also been taught to respect my elders. That being said, I think I have actually heard Hak call Kyle gritty.

Nice to see this "grit" earning him a spot in the lineup every night...oh wait, nevermind.

I am neither for nor against Radke, I think he plays with Grit and he does from time to time take a penalty that makes me scratch my head but his play does amuse me, much like most tough guys do, and I think he adds to the energy of the game. I don't know if I would want to tell him to his face that he sucks.

I don't agree with 'bashing' players but I also don't like it when someone comes on the board with the holier than thou, 'I'm a player, I'm a coach, I'm a ... etc. '

Posting stuff like the following makes you no better a fan than the worst fan on this board.

You're a greedy, front runner who has never laced them up. You have no idea what it takes to build a championship caliber organization. It takes integrity and honor to wear a sweater. You don't have either by the way you talk and present yourself.

Most people on this board are Sioux fans. Posting THEIR opinions is what this board is all about. You don't agree with them fine. Doesn't make them wrong, just makes their opinion NOT YOUR OPINION. Judging people you don't know makes you less a person of integrity than the people who post opinions on players they have watched for years. Post your opinion but, geeze Louise, get off the 'I know more, I'm a better person than you' pedestal. Makes you look small.

Nice to see this "grit" earning him a spot in the lineup every night...oh wait, nevermind.

Why do you feel the need to bash Radke? I know he may take stupid penalties, but as a Sioux fan you shouldn't go around bashing players. You already stated your opinion on Radke several times. It's getting old People know what you have to think. so you don't need to post RADKE SUCKS 10 times. I also have a question to Since you are a Sioux fan (and this goes out to other Sioux bashing people) Why do you go around bashing the so called TEAM YOU LOVE? Shouldn't you love the SIOUX no matter what?

This is intended for soohockey15 and mygarske. Why don't you take your fair-weather fan attitude, and your bull$%!# player bashing and go right on over to gpl where you will fit in just fine. When I say that you have no clue about what goes on in the locker room with this team, it is dead on. You two are the ones that need to shut your mouths and quit bashing a guy who goes to practice and works hard every day, puts in his time during the off season, and like it or not IS A PART OF THIS TEAM. You both can pucker up and kiss my...

This is intended for soohockey15 and mygarske. Why don't you take your fair-weather fan attitude, and your bull$%!# player bashing and go right on over to gpl where you will fit in just fine. When I say that you have no clue about what goes on in the locker room with this team, it is dead on. You two are the ones that need to shut your mouths and quit bashing a guy who goes to practice and works hard every day, puts in his time during the off season, and like it or not IS A PART OF THIS TEAM. You both can pucker up and kiss my...

HEY HEY Triouxper...you continue to amaze. You rock. God your awesome. I'm glad you know the definition of fair-weather fan too. Pretty dead-on accurate. Because i don't believe your boy Radke is worthy of cracking this line-up (which has an already nice combination of skill players and role-players) you go out on that "limb" to call us both fair-weather fans. I love this hockey team and i watch them good or bad. I HAVE 0 against Radke as a person and i would sure hope he works hard in practice. NOT BELIEVING THAT ONE PLAYER IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A FAIR-WEATHER FAN. As for you Triouxper you fit in with that majority of Sioux fans that just don't have the slightest clue about the game of hockey but like to pretend they do. So come back at me with some real damn reasons and then we'll talk. Until then. Shove it.

Oh yea...back to my point of sioux fans knowing a ton....Brian Lee was just terrible wasn't he.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app/?service=page&a...rticleid=343768

yea...terrible i can't believe we recruited him. Get a clue.

Just stating an opinion that I feel more comfortable with Marto and LaPointe. I think you need to get a clue - go back to last year and think of how meek and mild Lee was in the corners and in front of the net. I wish him all the best at the next level but as far as what I witnessed last year, I feel more comfortable with either Marto or LaPointe on D. When losing an argument your only defenese is to attack the poster....you are a class act ???

As far as Radke is concerned, he isn't one of my favorite Sioux players but he shows up everyday and works hard and apparently, unlike you, Hak seems to think he has what it takes to wear the Sioux sweater. I will take Hak's ability to judge success over yours any day of the week. You are a close 2nd though........

HEY HEY Triouxper...you continue to amaze. You rock. God your awesome. I'm glad you know the definition of fair-weather fan too. Pretty dead-on accurate. Because i don't believe your boy Radke is worthy of cracking this line-up (which has an already nice combination of skill players and role-players) you go out on that "limb" to call us both fair-weather fans. I love this hockey team and i watch them good or bad. I HAVE 0 against Radke as a person and i would sure hope he works hard in practice. NOT BELIEVING ONE PLAYER IS GOOD ENOUGH DOES NOT QUALIFY AS A FAIR-WEATHER FAN. As for you Triouxper you fit in with that majority of sioux fans that just don't have the slightest clue about the game of hockey but like to pretend they do. So come back at me with some real damn reasons and then we'll talk. Until then. Shove it.

Let me just say this, you would be awful embarrassed if you actually knew the truth, just keep living in your little fantasy world. To me you are nothing more than an irritating little s&!t stain on the underwear of life.

I don't agree with 'bashing' players but I also don't like it when someone comes on the board with the holier than thou, 'I'm a player, I'm a coach, I'm a ... etc. '

Posting stuff like the following makes you no better a fan than the worst fan on this board.

Most people on this board are Sioux fans. Posting THEIR opinions is what this board is all about. You don't agree with them fine. Doesn't make them wrong, just makes their opinion NOT YOUR OPINION. Judging people you don't know makes you less a person of integrity than the people who post opinions on players they have watched for years. Post your opinion but, geeze Louise, get off the 'I know more, I'm a better person than you' pedestal. Makes you look small.

I don't think that's what he was saying at all. He was posting HIS opinion about knowing what it takes to build a championship organization and the dedication it takes to even earn the right to wear a sweater. I didn't see anything where he said he was "holier than thou"......can you point it out to me??? wow.

First off, I'm not holier than thou. He wanted my credentials so I told him. Let's see, this is a hockey fan board and I appreciate the opportunity to hear fans comments. But C'mon, to degrade a young man who would die for that Fighting Sioux uniform, I can't accept it.

The problem w/ boards like this is fans don't have the where with all or character of what it takes to be an athlete. Especially a hockey player. Just because you pay the $28.00 to watch or DirectTV from across the country, doesn't give you the right to belittle a player.

Maybe you should tell this stuff to Kyle Radke's face. Maybe the tone of the bashing would change dramatically.

I know Kyle Radke. I know his character. I know his integrity. I know that he's also a son to a proud set of parents. He's a human being. Does he make mistakes. Yes. But no one should have the right to bash him for (8) pages.

Kyle Radke is an enforcer. This means he's physical, gritty and ready to protect anyone of his teammates. Every team has enforcers. Joe Finley is an enforcer. If a team is going to mess w/ Duncs, Osh or the young guns you are going to pay the price.

If I were to go onto a law board or an computer tech board, I wouldn't start bashing the public not knowing what it takes to be in that profession.

I've been part of many championship teams in my playing and coaching days. Inspiration, character, motivation and integrity is what it takes to build champions. Humiliation in the public eye is not the solution.

I don't have a problem w/ Sioux fans commenting on this site. I have problems when the theme and tone is here just to degrade a kid.

i agree with a majority of your last post yttrium, except for assuming that those who have played, even at competitive levels, are more knowledgeable than everyone else. having played definitely helps one understand the finer points of the game, but i've played with plenty of guys, even ones who wear letters, who are hockey stupid (to go along with other kinds of stupid ??? ). i've coached also, and it takes a different mentality and knowledge to coach than it does to play. i will say that having played gives most an inside track to knowing the game of hockey, but it's definitely not across the board.

First off, I'm not holier than thou. He wanted my credentials so I told him. Let's see, this is a hockey fan board and I appreciate the opportunity to hear fans comments. But C'mon, to degrade a young man who would die for that Fighting Sioux uniform, I can't accept it.

The problem w/ boards like this is fans don't have the where with all or character of what it takes to be an athlete. Especially a hockey player. Just because you pay the $28.00 to watch or DirectTV from across the country, doesn't give you the right to belittle a player.

Maybe you should tell this stuff to Kyle Radke's face. Maybe the tone of the bashing would change dramatically.

I know Kyle Radke. I know his character. I know his integrity. I know that he's also a son to a proud set of parents. He's a human being. Does he make mistakes. Yes. But no one should have the right to bash him for (8) pages.

Kyle Radke is an enforcer. This means he's physical, gritty and ready to protect anyone of his teammates. Every team has enforcers. Joe Finley is an enforcer. If a team is going to mess w/ Duncs, Osh or the young guns you are going to pay the price.

If I were to go onto a law board or an computer tech board, I wouldn't start bashing the public not knowing what it takes to be in that profession.

I've been part of many championship teams in my playing and coaching days. Inspiration, character, motivation and integrity is what it takes to build champions. Humiliation in the public eye is not the solution.

I don't have a problem w/ Sioux fans commenting on this site. I have problems when the theme and tone is here just to degrade a kid.

Wow, that's very nice. Too bad some won't listen.

And I agree with nodak hockey fanatic as well. We're fans. We watch the game. we root hard for our team. Player bashing shouldn't be the MO for us around here, but refraining from comment shouldn't be discouraged either.

Saying Radke takes stupid penalties is one thing. Saying he sucks is another. It's also wise to remember that when asking "What in the world does Radke bring to the Sioux?" the answer can be simply "Enough to warrant him still being on the team, Hak still having confidence in him, and his teammates still liking him."

Well, that's true, unless you're Ryan Sofie!! ???

http://siouxsports.com/forums/index.php?sh...9422&st=224

Wow, that's very nice. Too bad some won't listen.

And I agree with nodak hockey fanatic as well. We're fans. We watch the game. we root hard for our team. Player bashing shouldn't be the MO for us around here, but refraining from comment shouldn't be discouraged either.

Saying Radke takes stupid penalties is one thing. Saying he sucks is another. It's also wise to remember that when asking "What in the world does Radke bring to the Sioux?" the answer can be simply "Enough to warrant him still being on the team, Hak still having confidence in him, and his teammates still liking him."

Good post. While Radke might not be the first option against some of the finesse teams that we play, he will be useful to have against Mankato and the like. He fills a role that the team needs and that is good enough for me.