SiouxSports.com Forum

so let me get this straight

proudsioux

I think its a case of UofM being stubborn. They just like the NCAA are stereotyping all colleges and universities with Native American mascots and putting them in one category, hostile and abusive. Now that Minnesota previously made this decision, they feel there is no way they can admit they could be wrong, even if the name stands.

I think its a case of UofM being stubborn. They just like the NCAA are stereotyping all colleges and universities with Native American mascots and putting them in one category, hostile and abusive. Now that Minnesota previously made this decision, they feel there is no way they can admit they could be wrong, even if the name stands.

But they are wildly inconsistent as they have basketball games this month against the chippewas and seminoles and the fighting sioux swim team has a meet at the U of m in March. The biggest problem they have is that they have an athletic director who has no stones

After their loss to the Bison I think they would be scared to play us in anything same with Wisconsin losing to NDSU at home. They are just scared. If they really believed in this policy they would forfiet every game we play them in hockey. Its not about the name its about being scared!!!! :crazy: