SiouxSports.com Forum

High Praise

sultan

Scott Miller of WDAY radio had the play by play announcer of Southern Utah on Sports Talk tonight. Southern Utah has played a very demanding schedule this year. They played the Sioux, #3Montana, #16 Montana State, #7Southern Illinois, #5McNeese State, #20 Youngstown State, and U.C.Davis. Those rankings are all DIAA teams. He said Southern Illinois might of been the best team they had played. Then he said actually UND might of been the BEST team they had played. He said UND probably handled them as good as anyone. That is indeed very high praise.

NDSU dropping the hammer on SUU, 52-17 at the end of the third quarter. Joe Mays and Tyler Roehl haven't played at all today; hip pointer and sore shoulder, respectively. John Majeski went out at the beginning of the second half with a leg/hamstring injury. Steve Walker was pulled after 45-17.

Game could have easily been 66-7

You mean the Sioux-SUU game (where the Sioux had like 5 turnovers) or the NDSU-SUU game? :lol:

NDSU +35 over SUU - 3 pts for homefield = + 32 pt advantage

UND + 27 over SUU + 3 pts for away game= + 30 pt advantage

Comparative score: NDSU by +2 on a neutral field.

You mean the Sioux-SUU game (where the Sioux had like 5 turnovers) or the NDSU-SUU game? :lol:

No I think he meant NDSU v. SUU, where NDSU didn't play Tyler Roehl or Joe Mays and the backups were in at most positions before halftime. :lol:

Ah yes, the Old Comparative Score Index.

Let's test how accurate it is:

UND +37 over Augustana, -3 pts for homefield = + 34 pt advantage

UNO +13 over Augustana, +3 pts for away game = +16 pt advantage

Comparative Score: UND by +18 on a neutral field. :D:lol:

Yeah but you forgot to throw in 3 points in NDSU's favor since it's a divisional game. These guys see each other every year. And be sure you START the game without Chapell and your best defensive player and let your 4th string wideout play in the 1st quarter. For the love of god can we not talk about SUU! :lol: THey suck! We both kicked their ass. We don't even run a flashy offense and we dropped 55 points on them!

When we played Southern Utah they got their 10 points in the last 4 minutes of the game against our 3rd or 4th stringers. The Bison game with Utah today was still very competitive at half time. Utah was basically never competitive with us the whole game. We were playing Utah on the road and the Bison had them at home too. On the post game of the Bison game today a couple people called in and were wondering why some of the #ones were still playing on the Bison defense at the end of the game. They said they were thin on defense at certain positions. I suppose they didn't trust some of the backups and were trying to keep the points scored by Utah to a minimum.

When we played Southern Utah they got their 10 points in the last 4 minutes of the game against our 3rd or 4th stringers. The Bison game with Utah today was still very competitive at half time. Utah was basically never competitive with us the whole game. We were playing Utah on the road and the Bison had them at home too. On the post game of the Bison game today a couple people called in and were wondering why some of the #ones were still playing on the Bison defense at the end of the game. They said they were thin on defense at certain positions. I suppose they didn't trust some of the backups and were trying to keep the points scored by Utah to a minimum.

Yeah but the SUU game was a big deal for you guys because it was against a D1AA team so you guys were really jacked up. They didn't take you as seriously because of the D2 statues.

Today, SUU was facing the #1 team in D1AA so they were jacked and this was their Superbowl. When your the top dog everyone wants to beat you. Target on back.

Your coach was psyched that you guys won by 27. Bohl was extremely disapointed we only won by 35.

Like I said before, the division games are huge. SUU plays us every year and has tape and tendencies. Not that it mattered because we whooped ass but it's still a valid point! If you disagree than you simply don't understand football at an advanced level. I know you understand this but your just trying to piss me off :lol:

I think NDSU was annoyed to be playing these guys. They didn't play their 2 best players, started numerous backups, and had to get an ass chewin' from the coach at half time. They responded by putting up 28 points in the 3rd quarter alone with mostly backups.

The only legit starters we had in during the 4th were our cornerbacks. Why? Injuries. Because our starters are the nickel and dime starters to begin the season. They could start a freshaman but they don't want to lift the redshirt so they are thin.

Do I need to remind you that it was UND that ran up the score on Western Washington! Who throws a risky TD pass when your up by 14 and in field goal range with less than 2 minutes left on the clock. Yeah, like that wasn't a losery thing to do. Maybe trying to cover up the fact that WW could move the ball at will on the defense to make the score look better. NDSU ran dive plays the entire 4th qtr today and didn't score. Of course when your up by 35 that's the classy thing to do.

NDSU has three active cornerbacks on the roster right now due to injuries. Pretty difficult to put the backups in.

Yeah but the SUU game was a big deal for you guys because it was against a D1AA team so you guys were really jacked up. They didn't take you as seriously because of the D2 statues.

Today, SUU was facing the #1 team in D1AA so they were jacked and this was their Superbowl. When your the top dog everyone wants to beat you. Target on back.

Your coach was psyched that you guys won by 27. Bohl was extremely disapointed we only won by 35.

Like I said before, the division games are huge. SUU plays us every year and has tape and tendencies. Not that it mattered because we whooped ass but it's still a valid point! If you disagree than you simply don't understand football at an advanced level. I know you understand this but your just trying to piss me off :lol:

I think NDSU was annoyed to be playing these guys. They didn't play their 2 best players, started numerous backups, and had to get an ass chewin' from the coach at half time. They responded by putting up 28 points in the 3rd quarter alone with mostly backups.

The only legit starters we had in during the 4th were our cornerbacks. Why? Injuries. Because our starters are the nickel and dime starters to begin the season. They could start a freshaman but they don't want to lift the redshirt so they are thin.

Do I need to remind you that it was UND that ran up the score on Western Washington! Who throws a risky TD pass when your up by 14 and in field goal range with less than 2 minutes left on the clock. Yeah, like that wasn't a losery thing to do. Maybe trying to cover up the fact that WW could move the ball at will on the defense to make the score look better. NDSU ran dive plays the entire 4th qtr today and didn't score. Of course when your up by 35 that's the classy thing to do.

Gabe, which "numorous backups" did you start? I was at my fifth Bison game of the year yesterday and every other position besides Mayes and Roehl looked the same to me. The Bison did kick thier ass but don't try and make it appear to be the JV team that did it. Your starting OL played every possesion except the final two and one of those was a kneel down. The second string defense didn't come into the game until about seven minutes left. Maybe you just don't know how to read depth charts at an "advanced level" but your excuses for why it was only a 35 point game are starting to sound silly. The Bison kicked thier ass like they should have. Don't try to make it out to more than it is. Good luck next weekend.

Like I said before, the division games are huge. SUU plays us every year and has tape and tendencies. Not that it mattered because we whooped ass but it's still a valid point! If you disagree than you simply don't understand football at an advanced level. I know you understand this but your just trying to piss me off :ohmy:

Gabe, it sounds like you might start to cry. Do you want a hug? Or a kiss? Or a high five cause the MIGHTY BISON won an easy game against a crappy team? Did the defensive line do a "Phil Hansenesque" job as well? Their backups must be super-human just like Phil when he played for the Bills. After all these years of "D-1" and the "West Coast Offense", Bison fans are still stupid. And you have proved it.

:ohmy:

I think you have this wrong; the only people who felt that this was a big game were Bison fans who made outlandish claims like its the game of the century for UND. It sort of like saying that when NDSU faced St Paul Concordia at the start of last year that it was NDSU's game of the century. People need to get real here. Most UND fans, see poll on this website, didn't even consider it the hardest game that UND would face. Sure, UND wanted to win against SUU as it was a division higher and a future conference foe but UND didn't make it more than it was. And the notion that SUU didn't take UND serious is about the same as NDSU not taking St Paul Concordia serious last year. Right! You just have to love revisionists. Comparing UND's and NDSU's score are fun to do but that is all. Both UND and NDSU have good teams this year. Fans of the opposing schools should just recognize and realize this fact.