SiouxSports.com Forum

I wondered if these would show up

Fetch

this may seem like a really stupid question and it is probably answered in an article somewhere, but I am too lazy to look. If the skates have heated blades, wouldn't that melt the ice? or am I just dumb? cause I was reading that article before and I was confused about that.

this may seem like a really stupid question and it is probably answered in an article somewhere, but I am too lazy to look. If the skates have heated blades, wouldn't that melt the ice? or am I just dumb? cause I was reading that article before and I was confused about that.

I am not an expert, but I believe that is the idea. That is how ice skates work. The blade of the skate melts the ice, probably because of friction and pressure, and you ride on a very thin film of water. My guess is that the heated blade will make this happen a little easier so that the skate slides with less friction. It may make it easier to skate with less work.

I am not an expert, but I believe that is the idea. That is how ice skates work. The blade of the skate melts the ice, probably because of friction and pressure, and you ride on a very thin film of water. My guess is that the heated blade will make this happen a little easier so that the skate slides with less friction. It may make it easier to skate with less work.

Would that be like skates on steriods? :love:

Would that be like skates on steriods? :silly:

normal skates already melt the ice, actually. when the skate is on the ice, the pressure actually causes the ice to melt. it is not crazy melting, but it still melts enough to lower the coefficient of friction(to sound scientific)