SiouxSports.com Forum

Whats up with Forney?

sioux rube

Really unfortunate story here with MF. Sounds a lot like Hagemo in MN...I guy with a big future, gets hurt, and is done. Forney is too old to go back and play junior hockey. He has a total of 18 games under his belt over the last two seasons, and limited playing time in all 18...that is hurting his development too. Now he can't crack the lineup. I hope Michael can get back to game shape, but it is starting to look like a very unliklely outcome. Good thing he went to college and not the CHL. With the underclassmen likely to be back, and with incoming freshmen class, it is sort of looking like MF missed his window.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really unfortunate story here with MF. Sounds a lot like Hagemo in MN...I guy with a big future, gets hurt, and is done. Forney is too old to go back and play junior hockey. He has a total of 18 games under his belt over the last two seasons, and limited playing time in all 18...that is hurting his development too. Now he can't crack the lineup. I hope Michael can get back to game shape, but it is starting to look like a very unliklely outcome. Good thing he went to college and not the CHL. With the underclassmen likely to be back, and with incoming freshmen class, it is sort of looking like MF missed his window.

Without knowing what is going on behind the scenes, isn't it a little difficult to make those assumptions?

Without knowing what is going on behind the scenes, isn't it a little difficult to make those assumptions?

Let's see, there was another player that came in that really didn't contribute much until his Junior year, Lee Goren. Led the nation in goals and frozen four MVP's in his senior year if I recall.

Not saying that's the case with Forney, but let's not call his career all done.

I wonder if the coaching staff is considering a medical red shirt for Forney?

I don't think that's an option this year. I think he has been a healthy scratch. Saw him at the "fan fest" (he came in second in accuracy to Duncan) and he seemed fine. (I realize that a skills competition and game action are two very different things so would be hard to really tell.)