SiouxSports.com Forum

Whats up with Forney?

sioux rube

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USHL and high school, but not a high grade of high school. I grew up there, so I know exactly what they have there! :silly:

Yeah, Sodak Sioux Fan in goal but nobody to shoot at him! If there had been, SSF might have been another in a long line of mighty mite Sioux goalies. :)

Yeah, Sodak Sioux Fan in goal but nobody to shoot at him! If there had been, SSF might have been another in a long line of mighty mite Sioux goalies. :huh:

Yes....his keen eye, lightening quick reflexes and athletic prowess would have made him a fan favorite. There's no way he let's in those first two goals against the Bisons. It's too bad nobody was scouting South of the border back then. He was the total package. :sad:

I wonder if Sodak Sioux Fan has any eligibility left. I realize it's been a few years since he's had any serious rubber coming at him but I suspect he could get it all back if Duncan, Oshie, Kozek and Finley rifled some pucks at him. :silly:

Yes....his keen eye, lightening quick reflexes and athletic prowess would have made him a fan favorite. There's no way he let's in those first two goals against the Bisons. It's too bad nobody was scouting South of the border back then. He was the total package. :huh:

I wonder if Sodak Sioux Fan has any eligibility left. I realize it's been a few years since he's had any serious rubber coming at him but I suspect he could get it all back if Duncan, Oshie, Kozek and Finley rifled some pucks at him. :silly:

He only went to a Tech School (Well, it was a photography school, not really a Tech School)! Does that count against him? Wait, I played against him all my life, he's got no game!!! :)

Too bad they didn't have video cameras back then. You could have had someone tape your highlights! :silly:

here ya go, the good ol jackass generation at their best :) hmmm, lets have our hockey buddy snipe wristers at us with real hockey pucks, wow

http://youtube.com/watch?v=r5D3JVdpCU4

ALERT - A LITTLE FOULD LANGUAGE CAN BE HEARD

Hakstol said today on the Dan Hammer Show that redshirting Forney was discussed last year, but it was never a serious consideration.

Diggler tries in vain to get a thread back on topic. There's a first time for everything. :silly:

Just my opinion, but if Forney can't break into the lineup this year, he should probably be in the USHL for his own good. He could play one year and come back. I just don't see how he is going to reach his potential, which is very high, if he is sitting on the bench. Oh well, if Hak says he should stay, he should stay...

• 4 weeks later...

Yes....his keen eye, lightening quick reflexes and athletic prowess would have made him a fan favorite. There's no way he let's in those first two goals against the Bisons. It's too bad nobody was scouting South of the border back then. He was the total package. :D

I wonder if Sodak Sioux Fan has any eligibility left. I realize it's been a few years since he's had any serious rubber coming at him but I suspect he could get it all back if Duncan, Oshie, Kozek and Finley rifled some pucks at him. :D

Thought I would bring this thread back. It appears there is a goalie opening with the Sioux and I think we should pull out all the stops and go after Sodak Sioux Fan. This guy has "game". Dagies, I believe you have the "inside" on this one, so get on the phone and get him heading North on I-29. From what I understand, he's never signed any pro contracts or played Major Junior so he should have at least one or two semesters of eligibility left. I really think if we offered him Judy's gift certificates he'd lace them up again.

Thought I would bring this thread back. It appears there is a goalie opening with the Sioux and I think we should pull out all the stops and go after Sodak Sioux Fan. This guy has "game". Dagies, I believe you have the "inside" on this one, so get on the phone and get him heading North on I-29. From what I understand, he's never signed any pro contracts or played Major Junior so he should have at least one or two semesters of eligibility left. I really think if we offered him Judy's gift certificates he'd lace them up again.

Yeah, as long as he had permission from the wife! :D

I've already got a recruiting/scouting visit scheduled for next week. We'll see if he has any game left.

I've already got a recruiting/scouting visit scheduled for next week. We'll see if he has any game left.

We're not talking pheasants here Dagies. Get him up to the REA for the visit, I'm worried that if you do this recruiting out in some field around the Brookings area you'll pull a Dick Cheney on us.

We're not talking pheasants here Dagies. Get him up to the REA for the visit, I'm worried that if you do this recruiting out in some field around the Brookings area you'll pull a Dick Cheney on us.

In his blaze orange UND hat SoDak Sioux Fan can be easily mistaken for a wiley rooster!

I think he's scheduled for an official visit to REA in January for the Tech series, but maybe that's going to be too late...

You bet he still has some game left. His own 8 year old boy can't even score on him. Siouxdonyms was no match for him either back in his day.

Let's see...if I remember correctly, the last time we were on the pond, him and his older brother were both making a quick exit from the rink, after tripping me (due to my superior speed and grace), and me getting up and saying, "Oh, we're playing Canadian rules, eh?"