SiouxSports.com Forum

CHN's Pre-Season All-Americans

Sioux_Hab-it

T.J. Oshie, Jr., North Dakota - Struggled early last season, but came on again late. Taking a back seat, for now, to his linemate, Duncan.

That's to be expected from the National Media (especially from the East)

Duncan and Chorney are 1st Team Picks while Oshie only gets honorable mention.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2007...07preseason.php

there is no way they put 3 players from same exact team on a 6 man all american team but 2nd team wouldnt have been a stretch for the osh. although all 3 may be there in the end once again its a pre season poll/list. take it for what it is.

We have guys who need to play like Duncan last year & could / should have the same success

Ryan Duncan, Jr., North Dakota

Starman says: I think the Hobey will have no effect, except a positive one, on his work ethic and success. I think he's going to be even better, despite being a marked man. He makes (linemate T.J.) Oshie better. He does the little things that nobody wants to do. At 5-foot-7 to go in the corner and win battles, I think he's great.

This was interesting:

Players who left their team with remaining eligibility since the conclusion of their team's 2006-07 season.

School Player *Yr. Status

RIT Jocelyn Guimond Jr. Signed with team in Finland

Minnesota Jim O'Brien Fr. Signed with Seattle (WHL)

Denver Geoff Paukovich Jr. Signed with Edmonton (NHL)

Denver Keith Seabrook Fr. Signed with Calgary (WHL)

Michigan State Jim McKenzie Jr. Signed with Ottawa (NHL)

North Dakota Brian Lee So. Signed with Ottawa (NHL)

Lake Superior Derek A. Smith Jr. Signed with Ottawa (NHL)

N. Michigan Mike Santorelli Jr. Signed with Nashville (NHL)

Boston College Cory Schneider Jr. Signed with Vancouver (NHL)

Maine Bryan Plaszcz So. Intends to transfer

Cornell Justin Milo Fr. Transferred to Vermont (HEA)

Dartmouth David Jones Jr. Signed with Colorado (NHL)

Dartmouth Kevin Swallow Jr. Transferred to Maine (HEA)

Northern Mich. Phil Axtell Fr. Dismissed from team

Michigan Andrew Cogliano So. Signed with Edmonton (NHL)

Maine Teddy Purcell Fr. Signed with Los Angeles (NHL)

Cornell Tony Romano Fr. Signed with London (OHL)

Minnesota Erik Johnson Fr. Signed with St. Louis (NHL)

Dartmouth T.J. Galiardi Fr. Left school, academics

Rensselaer Jordan Kipp So. Dismissed from team

Rensselaer Reed Kipp So. Dismissed from team

New Hampshire Trevor Smith So. Signed with Islanders (NHL)

Alaska Darcy Campbell Jr. Signed with Columbus (NHL)

Massachusetts Jonathan Quick So. Signed with Los Angeles (NHL)

Michigan Tech Phil Axtell Fr. Dismissed from team, transferring to NMU

Clarkson Shawn Weller Jr. Signed with Ottawa (NHL)

Michigan Jack Johnson So. Signed with Los Angeles (NHL)

Alaska-Anchorage Jay Beagle So. Signed with Idaho (ECHL)

Denver Ryan Dingle Jr. Signed with Anaheim (NHL)

Wisconsin Joe Piskula Jr. Signed with Los Angeles (NHL)

Minnesota St. Steve Wagner So. Signed with St. Louis (NHL)

Wisconsin Jack Skille So. Signed with Chicago (NHL)

Vermont Torrey Mitchell So. Signed with San Jose (NHL)

Western Mich. Mark Letestu Signed with Pittsburgh (NHL)

Alaska Kyle Greentree So. Signed with Philadelphia (NHL)

Minn.-Duluth Matt Niskanen So. Signed with Dallas (NHL)

Minn.-Duluth Mason Raymond So. Signed with Vancouver (NHL)

Bowling Green Jonathan Matsumoto So. Signed with Philadelphia (NHL)

Union T.J. Fox So. Signed with San Jose (NHL)

Players who left their team with remaining eligibility since the start of the 2006-07 season.

School Player *Yr. Status

Denver T.J. Fast So.

Lake Superior Matt Martello Fr.

Maine Tyler Czuba Fr. Dismissed from team

Maine Zach Sill Fr. Dismissed from team

Merrimack Hank Carisio Jr. Dismissed from team

Merrimack Jordan Hart Jr. Signed with Kalamazoo (UHL)

New Hampshire Brian Pouliot Jr.

Minnesota Tyler Hirsch Sr. Dismissed from team

North Dakota Hunter Bishop Fr.

Northeastern Octavian Jordan Fr.

Ohio State Kevin Montgomery Fr. Left for Major Jr.

Union Scott Brady Sr.

Union Augie DiMarzo So.

Union Dustin DeGagne Fr.

Wisconsin Nigel Williams Fr. Left for Major Jr.

Nebraska-Omaha Adam Bartholomay So. Dismissed from team (reinstated)

Nebraska-Omaha Bobby Henderson Sr. Dismissed from team

Nebraska-Omaha Nenad Gajic Sr. Joined pro lacrosse league

*-Year in school as of the start of this season.

there is no way they put 3 players from same exact team on a 6 man all american team but 2nd team wouldnt have been a stretch for the osh. although all 3 may be there in the end once again its a pre season poll/list. take it for what it is.

Perhaps CHN also didn't pick up on the fact that Oshie played the first half of the season with a broken thumb.

Geez, quit complaining. Maybe Osh should have made the first or second team, but oh well there are two guys are on the first team. I'm pretty sure 99% of schools would be ecstatic having two guys on the first team rather than complaining that a third player is honorable mention.

I'm not worried about Oshie. His play will speak for itself. If he stays healthy, by the end of the season he'll be widely recognized as one of the best forwards in college hockey.

exactly..69 points and a hobey :glare: and more importantly a TEAM trip to denver

Nothing too surprising on the list. Players picked had breakout years last year, and since Oshie's numbers were down last year in the first half of the season, he didn't make the list. Just another pre-season ranking. I'm just curious as to how Oshie's taking a backseat to Dunc's right now. The two compliment each other tremedously. Maybe they meant that he's taking the backseat to him in media hype, which is fine. Just focus on the season. With his outstanding performance at the Blues camp this summer, I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding Oshie's performance on the ice.

Nothing too surprising on the list. Players picked had breakout years last year, and since Oshie's numbers were down last year in the first half of the season, he didn't make the list. Just another pre-season ranking. I'm just curious as to how Oshie's taking a backseat to Dunc's right now. The two compliment each other tremedously. Maybe they meant that he's taking the backseat to him in media hype, which is fine. Just focus on the season. With his outstanding performance at the Blues camp this summer, I don't think we have anything to worry about regarding Oshie's performance on the ice.

i dont see how oshie would be taking a backseat to duncan. maybe to a college hockey website or 2 but not to anyone who knows who these guys are and how team oriented they are. its a non issue for sure. oshie is the best player in college hockey this year and he will show it. duncan is one of the best as well and they will have another great season! the questin is, who will be the third wheel on that line? frattin maybe. if so what a nice spot in the lineup to come into as a freshman :glare:

frattin....

uhh hey coach hakstol, ummmm, do you mind if i get a shot to play on that line with osh and duncs? i heard through the grapevne they are kind of good and maybe need a 3rd person to fill it out :D

the questin is, who will be the third wheel on that line? frattin maybe. if so what a nice spot in the lineup to come into as a freshman :D

frattin....

uhh hey coach hakstol, ummmm, do you mind if i get a shot to play on that line with osh and duncs? i heard through the grapevne they are kind of good and maybe need a 3rd person to fill it out :)

Xmas come early for the guy who finds a regular shift on that line! :glare:

I think Trupp will surprise you all and be the 3rd link to the DOT. Let the DOT live! Long Live the DOT!

i dont think that would suprise anyone on this board as he is a very fast player with skills. the frattin and miller guessing is straight from coach hakstol thats why its on the board here

I think Trupp will surprise you all and be the 3rd link to the DOT. Let the DOT live! Long Live the DOT!

It might surprise Hakstol. He said Miller and Frattin were vying for the slot. If Trupp were to jump out instead of Frattin or Miller on a line change... :D