SiouxSports.com Forum

Augustana vs UND

SiouxMD

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sioux taking the knee for the remainder of the game.

Great game for the Defense today. Glad the offense decided to show in the 2nd quarter on. A little slow getting started, but another good outing, with over 500 yards total offense. Another big game for Chappell, rushing for 254 yards.

Meek with a great game on the defense. Overall great game for the defense. Definite confidence booster!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great game for the Defense today. Glad the offense decided to show in the 2nd quarter on. A little slow getting started, but another good outing, with over 500 yards total offense. Another big game for Chappell, rushing for 254 yards.

Meek with a great game on the defense. Overall great game for the defense. Definite confidence booster!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many yards does Chappell have for the year?

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It wasn't the fault of the offense, it was the play calling. They hardly ever threw the ball in the 1st half. Even the great Chappell might have trouble when the other team KNOWS your going to run the ball. For the life of me I could not understand why they didn't look deep in the 1st half becuase I am sure Dressler and the receivers would have been open. That being said, you can't argue with the results but I do feel the coaches are preferring the run over the pass.

Our defense has not been as aggressive as in years passed (missing Digger) that said, I believe this week is the 1st chance the Sioux Defense has to have all it's #1 on the field (healthy) at the same time since spring ball. I look for marked improvement and I think we will stop waiting around, playing assigment type defense, and start attacking making things happen defense(Stroup)...Just my thoughts with some inside info mixed in. :)

Did the defense play ...ok...?

What a good game, great attendance, and most stayed for almost the whole game.

Things I saw that looked good today;

Defense: Played almost flawless, great goal line D with 4 straight stops in close!

Offense: slow start, picked it up in the 2nd and 3rd, Chappell played out of his mind, 2 straight 90+ yd rush.

What I was wondering is when Aug was 2nd and goal on the 4 and out stop, when the tight end was wide open; Anyone know why that wasn't ruled a catch? Butt on the line? bobbled ball?

And I give kudos to Auggies Punter that pulled in a would be blocked punt and made a good hustle for a first down.

But with that all aside, great Sioux win!!! That was my last Sioux football game of the season, and I'm glad it turned out the way it did!

What I was wondering is when Aug was 2nd and goal on the 4 and out stop, when the tight end was wide open; Anyone know why that wasn't ruled a catch? Butt on the line? bobbled ball?

They said on the radio that he didn't have control of it until he stepped out of bounds. After watching the video and replay of it, it looked pretty good to me. I know if it would have been the Sioux, myself, as everyone else on the board would have been in an uproar. Augie got screwed on that one, but it did preserve the shutout. :)

Congratulations to Coach Lennon and the boys on another strong performance!

Prior to the game they were showing the roster on the jumbo screen and I noticed that they listed Digger Anderson as a linebacker coach for UND. Did I miss the press release or did the pre-game Mich-Light sandwiches affect my vision?

Congratulations to Coach Lennon and the boys on another strong performance!

Prior to the game they were showing the roster on the jumbo screen and I noticed that they listed Digger Anderson as a linebacker coach for UND. Did I miss the press release or did the pre-game Mich-Light sandwiches affect my vision?

Yep, Digger has been on the sidelines all season. :)