SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Recruits - 2007-08 Updates

USA Hockey

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shattuck finally updated their stats. Toews still with a huge lead in points but has dropped to 2.0 per game. The to Badgers are doing alot of scoring as well, but I think that has alot to do with Toews 41 assists. The Bruneteau brother seems more like a defensive defenseman. Emerson Etem is holding his own as a 10th grader. Looks like Shattuck went over to Europe and got beat up pretty bad.

eidsness at 18-2-3 winning a couple more lately. 2.01 gaa in AJHL

eidsness stats

hextall with a goal and 2 assists over the weekend making him 2 points behind team leader with the vees and 14th in league scoring IN BCHL

hextall stats

gregoire with a goal over the weekend

tied for 6th in league scoring with 35 points

gregoire

At the Sioux Booster luncheon Friday tbe MC was talking about some old teams and players that he'd seen and mentioned that the Sioux need to recruit another guy like Archibald. Hakstol spoke up from his seat with a smile and said something very much like "We've got one coming in next year. His name is Brett Hextall."

David Toews with 33 goals and 47 assists, 80 points in 38 games

anyone see him last weekend at the ralph. is he that much better than the rest of his age group? be tough to live up to his big bro, but i was surprised how low he was on the scouting list for the draft. is he not as big as jon? maybe we could keep a toews for 3 or 4 years :D

anyone see him last weekend at the ralph. is he that much better than the rest of his age group? be tough to live up to his big bro, but i was surprised how low he was on the scouting list for the draft. is he not as big as jon? maybe we could keep a toews for 3 or 4 years :D

i think he may end up being a mid to late first round pick when the time comes or very early 2nd. those rankings go up and down. i say 3 years tops on david if possible. we were lucky to have jon for 2 years as he came in a year early. if he wouldnt have done that he would have been a 1 and doner.

14 points in 4 games. That is not to far from his average...

and not far from a hell of a tournement as well

i remember seeing parises, crosbys, toews and a few others stats there as eye openers for sure. maybe staffords as well. they produce some great players at shattuck to college and now the pros

I watched the Saturday Shattuck game and he was good. Played in all situations. As far as standing out, I thought Jordy Murray did in that game. Toews did some good things but isn't a flashy player. Just kind of quietly goes about what he does.

Jordy was the best player in the Sat noon game. Make you wonder why he is not following in his brothers footsteps. It is not often that we do not land the younger brother. I can only think of one instance (Jesse and Max Bull). Did something happen between UND and the Murray's?:D I find it hard to believe that we did not attempt to sign him.

Jordy was the best player in the Sat noon game. Make you wonder why he is not following in his brothers footsteps. It is not often that we do not land the younger brother. I can only think of one instance (Jesse and Max Bull). Did something happen between UND and the Murray's?:D I find it hard to believe that we did not attempt to sign him.

I think there was something up with bradys situation with the sioux and andy murray their dad. brian lees bro will be at denver as well and the 3rd zjac to Union but that may be a differne tsituation where he may have not had wcha offers out there. dont no though. just assuming. cant get em all and sometimes you go after different players as well but in jordy murrays case i think there was something. hell brady dashed to europe because wasnt there a loophole for him to do that and go make very good money? that was only after his sophmore year. he was a hell of a player his freshman year winning wcha ROY then injuries here and there seem to bite him his sophmore season

I think there was something up with bradys situation with the sioux and andy murray their dad. brian lees bro will be at denver as well and the 3rd zjac to Union but that may be a differne tsituation where he may have not had wcha offers out there. dont no though. just assuming. cant get em all and sometimes you go after different players as well but in jordy murrays case i think there was something. hell brady dashed to europe because wasnt there a loophole for him to do that and go make very good money? that was only after his sophmore year. he was a hell of a player his freshman year winning wcha ROY then injuries here and there seem to bite him his sophmore season

There must have been something to the Murray situation. Why the hell else would he go to the Cheeseheads and that pyscho coach?

There must have been something to the Murray situation. Why the hell else would he go to the Cheeseheads and that pyscho coach?

plus 1 or 2 more buddies from shattuck are going there as well. oh well. i like our recruits ;) did the crazy man himself coach when parise, murray and stafford knocked off canada for the gold?? cant remember

I remember reading somwhere (can't remember right now) that Andy wasn't impressed with the way UND's coaches were bringing Brady along in his development. I think it was kind of a situation like AG and the dad made the decision for the son, IMO.

I remember reading somwhere (can't remember right now) that Andy wasn't impressed with the way UND's coaches were bringing Brady along in his development. I think it was kind of a situation like AG and the dad made the decision for the son, IMO.

different situations

Danny Mattson put on quite a show last night for Holy Angels as they defeated sixth ranked Hill-Murray 5-4. Mattson had a hat trick (including a beautiful game-winner) as well as two assists. Having Mattson and Kristo together in a couple of years will be fun to watch.

One of the goal scorers for Hill-Murray was Nick Widig. Rumor has it Hak and Co have interest in him; maybe more now that Budish is off the list.