SiouxSports.com Forum

Ryan Connelly Out

The Sicatoka

From The Herald:

UND sophomore forward Ryan Connelly suffered a concussion Sunday during a practice and is questionable for the NCAA Midwest Regional this weekend in Minneapolis.

And on a completely unrelated note, David Hale recently returned to practices with the team. :lol:

No, I don't know how it happened, but it sounds like the intensity is up.

Too bad about Connelly. The speed would have been good on the glacier in Mariucci.

It is too bad for Connelly, but it is not an injury that will affect the outcome of any of the games. Connelly and Genoway are two guys that at the start of the season I think coach Blais would have expected more offense out of these two but they just can't seem to find the net. I suspect the fourth line will be Genoway-Fylling-Canady with Palmo as the scratch. Any comments out there as to who should be the 6th d-man assuming D. Hale plays. Do you go with the senior in Leinweber or do you go with the bigger Marvin, who does not have the experience but has played somewhat better as the season has gone on. I say you go with the senior he has earned it and deserves to play. I doubt we will see Ryan Hale playing any D this weekend.

I was talking with my cousin on the team on Monday night. As of that day or so, Marvin was at forward! Rumor had it that the Hale brothers were playing together. Not sure if this will stay the same or not. In my opinion, I would move Hale back to forward and go with Marvin back on the point. To me, he has more than stepped up in the last part of the year. I feel confident with him out there. I also don't think that Connelly's injury will hurt us overall! He has speed, but we haven't gotten much production out of the 4th line at all......I like Canady's ambition, maybe a bigger body out there would do ok?

I'll be there this weekend......GO SIOUX!!

I like Ryan Hale back at D. I thought he played very solidly. Assuming that Dave is feeling up to par, the Hale Brothers could be a scary combo back at D.

As for Canady, if he calms down he could be very effective. I think Greene has stopped taking as many penalties in the past few weeks and I am liking him more and more.

The team has 21 skaters. You can only dress 18 of them. When I heard Connelly is unavailable I figured the three to sit was easy: Connelly, Palmiscno, and Leinweber. Connelly is obvious and the other two haven't played in at least a month.

Not knowing how David Hale would be in a game situation I figured you have to play both Ryan Hale and Marvin (because both can play either forward or D). Marvin played forward for a while at Mankato (after Canady's DQ) and looked more than capable. I figured Ryan Hale would move back up front and Marvin stay back. Either way gets the desired effect. They'll probably be down to four D and three lines by the middle of the second anyway. (Hey, it's the playoffs.)

I think R Hale has done fine at Defense....I just feel Marvin is more used to the position, and being playoffs...one little slip up could cost you the game! I say move Ryan back to forward and use him, Prp, and Mcmahon as the checking line.....they've done well with it lately! Go with Quinn, Canady, and :lol: on the 4th line?

They say D Hale looks good.....now we'll see how mentally tough he is. He's missed 16 games? Hope he's "chomping at the bit" to get back in there and take care of business! Conditioning??