SiouxSports.com Forum

UND's 125th Anniversary

GeauxSioux

UND approaches 125

UND officials today outlined a series of planned events connected with the school's 125th anniversary in 2008.

Those plans begin with a massive group photo Aug. 20 in front of Carnegie Hall, referred to in the school's announcement as "the largest photo opportunity ever held on campus."

Officials plan to plot out several thousand students, faculty and staff into the shape of a large "UND" for the photo, said Bob Boyd, vice president for student and outreach services. Students will arrive on campus the weekend before the photo shoot, so campus officials hope to wrangle parents and alumni into the photo as well, said Alice Brekke, UND budget director and a 125th anniversary committee member.

The first 5,000 participants in the photo will be given green T-shirts with the new 125th anniversary logo, Boyd said.

UND's official 125 website...UND 125

• 2 weeks later...

'Photo on the green' to kick off UND's 125th anniversary plans

UND's 125th anniversary plans begin at 1 p.m. Monday with the school's "photo on the green," a massive group photo in front of Carnegie Hall, referred to in the school's announcement as "the largest photo opportunity ever held on campus."

Officials plan to plot out several thousand incoming freshmen, returning students, visiting parents, faculty and staff into the shape of a large U-N-D for the photo.

The first 5,000 participants in the photo will be given green T-shirts with the 125th anniversary logo, officials said.

I saw you today...you were about six people in front of me!

I saw you, too!

This actually turned out much cooler than I thought it would. :blush:

That's for sure. When you're standing in the middle of that mass of humanity, it's difficult to envision what it looks like from above. They did a good job of organizing the photo.

My wife and I collect books and are in the process of building somewhat of a home library. We have a set of 1929 encyclopedias which are great to page through. This is what those encyclopedias had to say about UND back then...

North Dakota, University and School of Mines of, a co-educational institution at Grand Forks, N.D. chartered in 1883. It became the State university on the admission of North Dakota into the Union (1889), when by the enabling act it received a grant of 86,080 acres of public lands-the School of Mines receiving 40,000 acres. The departments include College of Liberal Arts and Engineering, Schools of Law, Education and Medicine, Graduate Department, Extension Division, a Summer Session and the State Public Health Laboratories, the State Geologic Survey, the Biological Station, the Mining Sub-Station and a special Meteorological Station of the United States Weather Bureau. Since 1905 Wesley College has been affiliated with the University. Tuition is free in all departments except law.

Since this is UND's 125th anniversary, I thought this was a nice place to post this. :glare:

My wife and I collect books and are in the process of building somewhat of a home library. We have a set of 1929 encyclopedias which are great to page through. This is what those encyclopedias had to say about UND back then...

Since this is UND's 125th anniversary, I thought this was a nice place to post this. :)

Tuition is free?! When did this stop happening?;) No fair!!! :glare:

Did anyone tape the Good Morning America segment? Or watch it? Anyone wanna describe it or something since I woke up too late to catch it? Thanks!