SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Games

bincitysioux

That schedule posted is last years :)

Crap, didn't notice that; guess I saw the football TV announcements in an article, not sure where it was, or if it was an online article.

Certainly don't want to see last year's Maine series again :blush:

• 2 weeks later...

As I pointed out in the away game thread, USD is going to be the most familiar school/program that we see for the next few seasons. It would be great to see lots of Sioux fans make the trek down to Vermillion and create a Sea of Green.

However, for those of you who will not be able to make it, it looks like there is a good chance that our road game against USD will be on the FSSN! Coyote fans are saying on their board that the UND/USD game will be carried by Midcontinent Communications but they haven't heard who will be producing it. It would seem likely if Midcontinent is carrying it in SD that it will be shown on the FSSN. Has anyone around here heard if WDAZ has been discussing producing it or will it probably be a South Dakota station covering it?

Link to the Coyotesports board.

As I pointed out in the away game thread, USD is going to be the most familiar school/program that we see for the next few seasons. It would be great to see lots of Sioux fans make the trek down to Vermillion and create a Sea of Green.

However, for those of you who will not be able to make it, it looks like there is a good chance that our road game against USD will be on the FSSN! Coyote fans are saying on their board that the UND/USD game will be carried by Midcontinent Communications but they haven't heard who will be producing it. It would seem likely if Midcontinent is carrying it in SD that it will be shown on the FSSN. Has anyone around here heard if WDAZ has been discussing producing it or will it probably be a South Dakota station covering it?

Link to the Coyotesports board.

On Midcontinent's website they have it as officially done with them carrying the UND @ USD game.

On Midcontinent's website they have it as officially done with them carrying the UND @ USD game.

Midcontinent Communications and The University of South Dakota Reach Broadcast Agreement to Televise Coyote Football!

According to the agreement, Midcontinent Communications will televise USD home games with St. Cloud State on Saturday, Sept. 22; Western Washington on Oct. 13 (Dakota Day) and Nov. 10 against North Dakota (Senior Day). The games will be carried on the Midcontinent channel in each market.

Looks good for the game being carried on the FSSN.

We have been considering increasing our community-based programming for some time, and this opportunity provided us an excellent vehicle to begin doing so.

Since the FSSN started, I have wanted to see it expand farther than just the games and slide-show advertising. I would love to see the weekly coaches show re-broadcast through out the week. Also, possibly play regular ads for the University, next weeks games, etc. Not just the still slides. This is a great marketing capability that the university has. Especially when you think of people such as those who are staying in hotels, in town visiting relatives, etc. that may not see the usual advertising. Having a 24 hour channel like this is great for the university. We should expand on it. Especially with our move to DI.

Looks good for the game being carried on the FSSN.

I hope that includes those of us that view the games on satellite rather than cable. There have been a couple instances in the past where the games were not on satellite, but available to cable subscribers in the GF area.

Since the FSSN started, I have wanted to see it expand farther than just the games and slide-show advertising. I would love to see the weekly coaches show re-broadcast through out the week. Also, possibly play regular ads for the University, next weeks games, etc. Not just the still slides. This is a great marketing capability that the university has. Especially when you think of people such as those who are staying in hotels, in town visiting relatives, etc. that may not see the usual advertising. Having a 24 hour channel like this is great for the university. We should expand on it. Especially with our move to DI.

I feel the same way.

I hope that includes those of us that view the games on satellite rather than cable. There have been a couple instances in the past where the games were not on satellite, but available to cable subscribers in the GF area.

agreed there. Hopefully they do beam them up on satellite somehow (either the live feed or the FSSN feed) :blush:

I feel the same way.

They use to show the coaches show on Thursday nights at 7:00 and then on Friday's (if there was a game televised) before the 7:30 game. Wonder why they dont do that anymore?

(It was a show and they had both b-ball coaches and the hockey coach...Blaiser was the coach) :D

• 2 weeks later...

I feel the same way.

I agree. Expand this thing! Have "classic games" from all UND sports. Maybe even a show where a fan or two do the commentary for an event, like they do with some of the Primier League games on Fox Soccer Channel, stuff is funny. The Univeristy and Midco could do some really unique things on this network, but who would watch on a regular basis? All about the bottom line you know.

• 3 weeks later...
FSSN 2007-08 Schedule

No USD game listed. I hope they don't drop the ball on this.

It says here that the game will be on Ch. 23 in GF. I sure hope FTA as well.

We will know this weekend if the UND-USD game will be able to be seen on the FSSN channel in this area. Midcontinent is televising USD's game with St. Cloud, Saturday, 2:00 p.m. I get FSSN via satellite so I'll search for the game, and if someone who gets FSSN by cable sees that this game is on on Saturday, please let us know here.

I see on October 13, we both have games televised at the same time.

UND and USD could have a nice thing going here with each of their ventures with Midcontinent if they work together.

It says here that the game will be on Ch. 23 in GF. I sure hope FTA as well.

We will know this weekend if the UND-USD game will be able to be seen on the FSSN channel in this area. Midcontinent is televising USD's game with St. Cloud, Saturday, 2:00 p.m. I get FSSN via satellite so I'll search for the game, and if someone who gets FSSN by cable sees that this game is on on Saturday, please let us know here.

I see on October 13, we both have games televised at the same time.

UND and USD could have a nice thing going here with each of their ventures with Midcontinent if they work together.

what worries me is the SD press release just says Midco. I have a feeling the reason the Sioux are on KU is they have more than just Midco to send the feed for. There are little cable companies in MN & ND that get the feed that way. But Midco may have a way to get it to the different towns.

I'm hoping I am totally wrong and that it is on KU Band :)

The Saint Cloud- South Dakota game is on right now on the Midco channel (23) in GF. Now the question is will it be on satellite?

It's not. Although I haven't scanned every satellite.

Two 1AA games are, Montana/Albany (93W) and Maine/UMass (79W).