SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out in Grand Forks?

WiSioux

"White Out"  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try and do some form of "White Out" this year at the Ralph?

• Do a White Out
    • Do a Green Out
  2. 2. When should we attempt this?

• Gopher Series at home
    • WCHA Home playoff games

Fabulous! Where do we go from here? Do I continue to work on making this happen or just let Telesis run with this? Should I keep working on it until after Homecoming and then come to a meeting and let you guys know what I've got and how you can help? Any ideas?

I'm very excited that this seems to be taking shape!!! :angry:

As far as the Holy Cross stuff goes... let's just focus on our team.

um, you guys can keep giving me ideas if you would like and then I can relate them to everyone at the meetings. I don't want to push you completely out of the picture at all. So, it is really up to you if you would like to or not.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LMFAO I never knew what the hell Telesis was until right now.......I knew they sponsered events on campus but.

*dies laughing*

yeah, no one knows who we are, hence the name change to Student Alumni Association or SAA. We sponsor Homecoming events and used to do Shoot with the Sioux and Skate with the Sioux for those of you that don't know.

This is interesting:

NHL wants trademark 'White Out' faded out at Penn State

This football season, a trademark held by the national hockey team the Phoenix Coyotes nearly blacklisted Pennsylvania State University's use of the term "White Out."

Lucky for Lions fans, Penn State found some gray area.

"We have applied to protect the phrase 'Penn State White Out' in connection with the promotion of fan participation and involvement in collegiate athletic events," said Greg Myford, associate athletic director of marketing. "Penn State intends to register the phrase for protection on a national level."

But "White Out" is not originally a Nittany namesake.

In fact, Steve Weinreich, vice president of general counsel for the Phoenix Coyotes, said that any variation on the term for marketing purposes is "in violation of the law," restricting certain posters, advertisements and garments around campus.

Check out the Penn State White Out on ESPN right now. That is impressive.

Be nice if UND would actually support an idea like this instead of forcing the fans to do it all themselves.

If this gets done maybe we can call it the Coyotes Suck Green Out.

its gotta start sometime, why not now and yes i agree UND could be way more helpful in the process

and yes the coyotes do suck :) probably be a few years before there is another white out unless they can draft tavares if he gets early entry to the draft

Wow! Man, that is so cool..... Maybe we should switch this up to a White Out.... There's a lot of green in the Ralph already haha... I think a White Out may get more attention...

this poll favors a green out and thats what the people on this mission have been working for and plus green would be different as you dont see many of them and it could be a thing that really latches on with the fans that go to the ralph every weekend. slowly or fast maybe it will become a every game thing, white is done over and over. if there was another choice that would look really cool i think it would be a black out.

I agree that we should do a White Out and not a Green out. White is a good color because it does several things, first it is a bright color that is easy to recognize, green is less of a noticeable color and will make the arena look dark and drab rather then bright and intimidating. Second there are so many shades of green where white is well white, so unless someone is willing to put up the big bucks to give everyone a tshirt its not going to look as cool.

We are doing green and that is final. If you would like to do a white out... feel free to start planning it, but we're not changing our green out now. As far as tshirts, we are trying as hard as we can to get something together.... feel free to help...

We are doing green and that is final. If you would like to do a white out... feel free to start planning it, but we're not changing our green out now. As far as tshirts, we are trying as hard as we can to get something together.... feel free to help...

great work, GREEN OUT

I figured my two cents was too late, but I thought I would give it anyway; discourse can usually be a good thing. I would love to help, but alas first year of law school out of state takes up a good portion of my time. I do wish you the best of luck sir and may the GREEN OUT be a huge success.

Go Fighting Sioux!

Wow! Man, that is so cool..... Maybe we should switch this up to a White Out.... There's a lot of green in the Ralph already haha... I think a White Out may get more attention...

Yeah, people like you and me were outvoted on this. It's true that we're super smart and therefore know white would be better, but it's all good. We'll let them make their mistakes. :crazy::)

We'll see how well a "Red Out" works for the Badger football team....

Bielama Calls For Fans To Wear All Red

In anticipation of the game against Citadel, Bielema broke tradition and asked fans to follow the team and wear all red.

The Badgers broke out new all-red uniforms for the season opener two weeks ago against Washington State.

Bielema said he loves to see players in all red swarming the football and if fans are dressed all in red, that will have a huge effect as well.

Does having a coach endorse the idea help out?