SiouxSports.com Forum

White Out in Grand Forks?

WiSioux

"White Out"  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Should we try and do some form of "White Out" this year at the Ralph?

• Do a White Out
    • Do a Green Out
  2. 2. When should we attempt this?

• Gopher Series at home
    • WCHA Home playoff games

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Brasco, a white out would be way more effective than a green/black out.

i think the idea was to create your own identity with the white.green or black out, there are a few teams out there that already do white outs, i think green would be sweet.

I think the coolest, most unique thing to do would to have alternating sections of color. This would have to be done by giving out the t-shirts by handing them out either right before the game when you're in the seats, or having the shirts sitting on the seats when you get there. Then alternate the sections white and green all the way around for a cool, unique, contrasting idea. The only problem with this is that you cannot coordinate this outside of the arena, unless the actual game ticket specifies what you should wear.

i will give you a head start. http://ryan85268.tripod.com/id19.html

im assuming you dont mind me giving out your link, azsioux.

Wow, that is an amazing collection of game dvd's. How could I even choose which ones I want because I would love to have every single one!! Man AZSIOUX, you are an avid and huge fan!!

Wow, that is an amazing collection of game dvd's. How could I even choose which ones I want because I would love to have every single one!! Man AZSIOUX, you are an avid and huge fan!!

10% of those i have made, davek is the man when it comes to sioux dvds, he has made many many for me! so its all him

Not exactly sure what the connection would be, other than supporting UND... but as many of you may know it's UND's 125 year celebration this year. As part of the celebration it has been organized to take a HUGE group photo with approximately 5,000 people on the lawn forming the UND flame logo. I know the person that is recruiting people to be in the picutre and the majority of the free t-shirts that they are giving to the participants are green. That's around 5,000 green shirts right there. The front has the UND 125 Year logo in white and the back has the Barnes and Noble logo also in white. If we could get word out to people to save their shirts, that'd be half the crowd right there in the same shirt....

If someone puts their mind to it, this can be done and done EASILY. In the first college football game in their stadium after 9/11, someone in Aggieland at Texas A&M came up with this:

pictureone.jpg

If 80,000 football fans can do THAT, surely someone can get 10,000 fans in Grand Forks to do something.

Is that you volunteering to help? :whistling:

Now that I'm all moved into my apartment in Grand Forks and relatively settled, I can probably devote more time to trying to track down people to help me attempt to organize a green out. While most of us have said that doing this during the Gopher Series would be the best option, that's less than four months away... can we plan that fast? My other concern is that Minneapolis is relatively close and there are Gopher fans that come to the games up here. In fact there are even students that would consider themselves Gopher fans first.... will it look bad if there is random yellow and maroon within the green? Would it be a better plan to pick a series such as UAA where the chance of opposing fans attending will be much smaller? At least for the first year and in following years (because hopefully this repeats) we can pick the Gopher series.

Is that you volunteering to help? :p

Now that I'm all moved into my apartment in Grand Forks and relatively settled, I can probably devote more time to trying to track down people to help me attempt to organize a green out. While most of us have said that doing this during the Gopher Series would be the best option, that's less than four months away... can we plan that fast? My other concern is that Minneapolis is relatively close and there are Gopher fans that come to the games up here. In fact there are even students that would consider themselves Gopher fans first.... will it look bad if there is random yellow and maroon within the green? Would it be a better plan to pick a series such as UAA where the chance of opposing fans attending will be much smaller? At least for the first year and in following years (because hopefully this repeats) we can pick the Gopher series.

If I wasn't in Minneapolis myself, I'd be happy to assist!

There will ALWAYS be visiting fans who muck up the color scheme. Personally, I think it's even more intimidating when you see the flood of green with a spackling of maroon and gold around. Heck, it'd be like Mariucci Arene when the Sioux are in town! :whistling:

I normaly just read the topics but I thought I would put my 2 cents in on this one. I think the best way to do this would put t-shirts on the seats. Maybe like put green on the lower leval and white on the uppper. That would look pretty cool I would think. Just have some sporting goods store or a shirt store to donate the shirts. Have it call "that store" green out day. Or just have them pay half and UND pay the other.

They could say "green out" on the front and have bussineses that donated money on the back!??

Are you volunteering to help research t-shirt price to find out how much we would need to raise and then help contact and convince businesses to donate money? Cuz I'm thinking that is WAY too complicated for me... I'd rather go with everyone has something green... lots of shades of green would be cool too

"Hello John Oncken John Deere...how can I help you?"

"Mr Oncken, you can get a good look at a butcher's a**...wait...chicken wings...we'd like you to be our corporate sponsor for 'John Oncken John Deere Green Out Night' at the Ralph...whaddya think?"

Good idea.... colors would work fantastically!

I also just received a message from someone involved with Student Government saying they think it's a great idea and would be interested in helping... just have to stop by the office once school starts. :whistling:

I normaly just read the topics but I thought I would put my 2 cents in on this one. I think the best way to do this would put t-shirts on the seats. Maybe like put green on the lower leval and white on the uppper. That would look pretty cool I would think. Just have some sporting goods store or a shirt store to donate the shirts. Have it call "that store" green out day. Or just have them pay half and UND pay the other.

all green for sure, that way people who bring their own green are good and maybe get a company to sponsor the green ones they can give out or sell for like 5 bucks the week before

What would the best way to go about selling shirts be? Contact the Sioux Shop and/or Barnes and Noble and see if they'll sell them... I'd imagine the Ralph wouldn't appreciate a table being set up in front of their building with a bunch of shirts. I'm still at the point of exploring all options. Perhaps if the second round of people at the Athletic Office ever get back to me, or when I talk to Student Government and Sioux Crew I can get a better idea...

What would the best way to go about selling shirts be? Contact the Sioux Shop and/or Barnes and Noble and see if they'll sell them... I'd imagine the Ralph wouldn't appreciate a table being set up in front of their building with a bunch of shirts. I'm still at the point of exploring all options. Perhaps if the second round of people at the Athletic Office ever get back to me, or when I talk to Student Government and Sioux Crew I can get a better idea...

try to work a deal with the ralph, its a fun idea for the gopher series, GREEN OUT, no white, no black, GREEN if the word gets out thats the best way as many sioux fans have something green in the closet and then the extras that dont have a green and want a shirt can get one before hand or before the game somehow

maybe a ad in the newspaper the week before the series, that may help, maybe fans can pitch in to pay for the ad, who knows, it will happen with all these great efforts for sure!!

who did you talk to? The PR girl, Tara?

I talked to Amanda because I know her, but she said that when I come in I could also ask for Tara...

For those that are further awway and find it difficult to help plan this but are still interested, I was thinking we should make some sort of logo or something that we can put on a sign to hang up (everywhere). I can find pictures on my computer and put together a collection, but I have seen another thread with ideas for a SS.com logo and those are so much better. If you are computer talented and would be interested in coming up with "Green Out" logo ideas feel free to post some in this thread!