SiouxSports.com Forum

FSSN Schedule

siouxguyinstpaul

I wish FSSN could pick up more road games to broadcast in the GF market. When they broadcast a home game 11,500 of the people most likely to watch the game are at the game.

You'd think the higher ratings would cover higher costs of broadcasting the games but apparently that's not so.

I'd be happy if they even showed the other teams feed with their announcers.

I wish FSSN could pick up more road games to broadcast in the GF market. When they broadcast a home game 11,500 of the people most likely to watch the game are at the game.

You'd think the higher ratings would cover higher costs of broadcasting the games but apparently that's not so.

that brings up a point - with the Vikings threatening to black out non sold-out games again this year, I wonder why UND doesn't do similar. I hope they don't - but ticket sales would increase I'm sure. Maybe it gets back to the 2.5 million vs. 50,000 thing.

It is so great that fully 1/5 of the area comes to the games every weekend - a super testament to the people and how we all support our teams and players

that brings up a point - with the Vikings threatening to black out non sold-out games again this year, I wonder why UND doesn't do similar. I hope they don't - but ticket sales would increase I'm sure. Maybe it gets back to the 2.5 million vs. 50,000 thing.

Doesn't bother me! That means more SOLD OUT Packers games I can watch and I'll be at every Sioux home game anyways!

I wouldn't mind that either. I know they have done it in the past but only to cable companies and not to the FTA folks (last year vs Bucky....2 years ago vs Denver).

• Downvote 1

Doesn't bother me! That means more SOLD OUT Packers games I can watch and I'll be at every Sioux home game anyways!

isnt it a league rule to black out non sold out nfl games?? because cardinals games the last 10 years were never on tv when at home as they never sold out until last year with the new stadium out here, i think thats the rule, its the league. they should never black out any sioux home games, they draw great attendance anyways, its a big stadium and for the most part its always packed except a few games. no way...last time i checked UND has one of the best attendance numbers in the nation due to a great sized arena and great fans! sconnie will always be number 1 as they have a big ass arena full of crappy dancing fans, dont those bozos sieve a goalie on saved shots...stupid

isnt it a league rule to black out non sold out nfl games?? because cardinals games the last 10 years were never on tv when at home as they never sold out until last year with the new stadium out here, i think thats the rule, its the league.

correct. Its the league. Rule is if the game isnt sold out within 72 hours before kickoff its blacked out within a 75 mile radius of the stadium. But here is where it gets even stupider. If a channel outside the area has coverage in that 75 mile area, they too are blacked out. Thats why using the AZ example the whole state was blacked out. Also this year lets say the Vikes don't sell out. Not only does KMSP 9 have to black it out for the whole area (including people in Bemidji who have Mpls locals) but KXLT Fox Rochester will also have to black it out since part of their coverage is within the 75 mile area. So the only people who could see the game in MN would be SW MN (via Sioux Falls), NW MN (Via Fargo/GF) and Duluth area

they should never black out any sioux home games, they draw great attendance anyways, its a big stadium and for the most part its always packed except a few games. no way...last time i checked UND has one of the best attendance numbers in the nation due to a great sized arena and great fans! sconnie will always be number 1 as they have a big ass arena full of crappy dancing fans, dont those bozos sieve a goalie on saved shots...stupid

college hockey games have no blackout rule. What some teams do is tape delay the games (Anchorage does that....they're live via satellite but for cable folks its tape delayed to 10:30 local time (1:30 our time) to convince people to come to the games.

• Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wondering if anyone can help me out?? I found someone in Billings, MT to install a FTA system for me and he said I could order it myself or he could order it as well. I plan on getting a stationary one since it is cheaper system and it is cheaper to install. Can anyone tell me which is the best stationary system out there that I would need to get the Sioux games and if there is a particular place online that has good deals to get it, I would appreciate it! Thanks Everyone!!

Wondering if anyone can help me out?? I found someone in Billings, MT to install a FTA system for me and he said I could order it myself or he could order it as well. I plan on getting a stationary one since it is cheaper system and it is cheaper to install. Can anyone tell me which is the best stationary system out there that I would need to get the Sioux games and if there is a particular place online that has good deals to get it, I would appreciate it! Thanks Everyone!!

I have a SATWORK receiver that I bought from the SiouxShop a couple of years ago and not using anymore. You can have it if you will pay the shipping costs. Just need the dish then is all.

I'd check out the systems from PSB. I think the new 90cm hotdish looks like it would be great, and if I didn't already have an 80cm dish, I'd buy it. Just a warning, the fortec dish I have is cheap, and the result is a very marginal zinc coating so the "galvanized" steel will corrode easily.

Pete's prices are competitive, include shipping, and he'll help you out online at the forums if you're having problems.

well you could get one at Sadoun (www.sadoun.com)

Here is a list of them

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Order/Satellite-...FTA-Systems.htm

The one wild card right now is we dont know what satellite they will use this year. The last 2 years they've used Galaxy 28 (Formerly IA8 and Telstar4). A 80cm dish would work since the satellite is strong but usually the rule of thumb is to try the biggest dish you can get. I have a 76cm dish and it works great for the Sioux games and almost everything else I move the dish to. The Fortec dishes I haven't had any issues with (have both a 80cm and 2 90cm dishes) and work really well.

You could also go with the Globecast dish (S-2) which is a bigger dish. Forget the "self install kit" and go buy some cable with good ends on them 9I've seen those kits and they usually have cheapy ends on them.

Also if you're a Griz football fan the last couple years they have had all the TV games (the ones that Montana News Station (CBS) shows) on the same satellite :blush:

• Downvote 1

I have a 76cm dish and it works great for the Sioux games and almost everything else I move the dish to. The Fortec dishes I haven't had any issues with (have both a 80cm and 2 90cm dishes) and work really well.

Hi Iceberg,

What 76cm dish do you use? My fortec dish works but, as I posted the galvanizing is extremely poor. I couldn't properly tighten the motor ubolts without squashing the mast, a problem I don't have now that I put up an old directtv mast.

Have an old Winegard dish on the motor. The 90cm dish is aimed at Galaxy 10 and the 80cm dish is (right now) not aimed at anything. Once they figure out what satellite to use it will probably be aimed at that :blush:

• Downvote 1

I wouldn't mind that either. I know they have done it in the past but only to cable companies and not to the FTA folks (last year vs Bucky....2 years ago vs Denver).

I think there is no reason there shouldn't be more games available. Once in a while CSTV or Fox College Sports picks up the Sioux but I can't believe

more games aren't available. UND is a top rated and bench mark program and all of the games should be on TV. I would be willing to pay more for that service as I am sure there are others that would.

• 4 weeks later...
I have a SATWORK receiver that I bought from the SiouxShop a couple of years ago and not using anymore. You can have it if you will pay the shipping costs. Just need the dish then is all.

Do you still have this? I am interested in purchasing if your still looking to get rid of it. email me at dhageremtp@yahoo

Thanks!

Thanks for the interest but it has been spoken for - sorry about any inconvenience this may has caused.

No Problem, I just thought there might be a chance. If anyone else has one to sell, let me know. I just ordered a PCI Satellite tuner for my computer, will see if that works.

Thanks again!

found the broadcast schedule on the Midco site.

DATE OPPONENT TIME

October 7, 2007 Manitoba 6:00 PM CABLE ONLY

October 13, 2007 Nebraska-Omaha 1:00 PM CABLE ONLY

October 13, 2007 Michigan State 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

November 2, 2007 Colorado College 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

November 3, 2007 St.Cloud State 1:00 PM CABLE ONLY

November 3, 2007 Colorado College 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

November 23, 2007 Minnesota Duluth 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

November 24, 2007 Minnesota Duluth 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

December 7, 2007 Minnesota 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

December 8, 2007 Minnesota 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

December 28, 2007 New Hampshire 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

December 29, 2007 New Hampshire 7:00 AM CABLE ONLY

January 11, 2008 Michigan Tech 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

January 12, 2008 Michigan Tech 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

January 19, 2008 University of South Dakota -- (M/W Basketball 6:00 PM CABLE ONLY

January 25, 2008 Alaska Anchorage 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

January 26, 2008 Alaska Anchorage 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

February 7, 2008 St. Cloud State -- (M/W Basketball) 6:00 PM CABLE ONLY

February 15, 2008 Denver 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

February 16, 2008 Denver 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

February 23, 2008 Bemidji State 3:30 PM CABLE ONLY

February 24, 2008 Bemidji State 3:30 PM CABLE ONLY

March 1, 2008 Minnesota Duluth (Away) 2:00 PM CABLE ONLY

March 2, 2008 Minnesota Duluth (Away) 2:00 PM CABLE ONLY

March 7, 2008 St. Cloud State 7:30 PM CABLE ONLY

March 8, 2008 St. Cloud State 7:00 PM CABLE ONLY

March 14, 2008 WCHA First Round Playoffs TBA TBA

March 15, 2008 WCHA First Round Playoffs TBA TBA

March 16, 2008 WCHA First Round Playoffs TBA TBA

** TBA Football Play-offs November 17th & 24th, December 1st & 8th

interesting they are carrying the UMD away games when Duluth odesnt even have a TV partner yet (WDIO didnt renew)

But otherwise its all home games and a few FB & BB games

found the broadcast schedule on the Midco site.

I am thinking 7 am is a typo. Looking at the ralph website, the time is the same as the game on the 28th, so it must be 7:30pm.

Also, what is with "CABLE ONLY" for all the games in the list? Since new satellite coordinates were announced for FSSN, I presume everything from this list will be on FSSN (not only CABLE, but FTA also)?

Thanks for the condensed list, comes in handy for when to expect to be able to catch the games!