SiouxSports.com Forum

Alerus/Canad Complex

GeauxSioux

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't pretend or claim to be important. I don't get my shorts in a knot if people don't believe something I say nor do I think I'm something special if and when I do know things that aren't common knowledge.

If I need to work on being a poser, I'll be sure to call you though. Would you prefer I call you or should I use private messaging here? :lol:

My point is this: just because a restaruant is old, does not mean it is filthy.

MY POINT WAS...even though it's an old GF place - they've adapted to the times and continue to succeed and I LIKE going there! My rule is - until you give me food poisoning, I don't care how much crap you have on kitchen floor back there. I understand...IT'S A RESTAURANT! You're busy! That's great!

NOW GETTING BACK TO THE POINT OF THIS THREAD - which the last time I checked was the "Alerus/Canad Complex" not "The latest assault on Triouxper's "reality"! :lol: " -- Had some friends who went to the Martina McBride concert last night...they went early...got great parking...wandered down to the Canad and had dinner at Tavern United and a few drinks before the show then walked back down the hall for the show. They had a great time! Plus it was the best attended concert for the Al in a while!

I don't pretend or claim to be important. I don't get my shorts in a knot if people don't believe something I say nor do I think I'm something special if and when I do know things that aren't common knowledge.

If I need to work on being a poser, I'll be sure to call you though. Would you prefer I call you or should I use private messaging here? :lol:

This is what I'm talking about. Just another meaningless post from you.

If I need to work on being a poser, I'll be sure to call you though. Would you prefer I call you or should I use private messaging here? ;)

Oh don't let him bother you Diggler...this guy was a POSER* too...

The_Thinker.jpg

I'm sure he thinks Rodin was one of those monsters that fought Godzilla AND he probably knows the guy that wore the costume AND he has a beef about corny Japanese monster flicks :D;):lol:

(* - just suggesting maybe that should be the new avatar?)

Oh don't let him bother you Diggler...this guy was a POSER* too...

The_Thinker.jpg

I'm sure he thinks Rodin was one of those monsters that fought Godzilla AND he probably knows the guy that wore the costume AND he has a beef about corny Japanese monster flicks :D;):lol:

(* - just suggesting maybe that should be the new avatar?)

Laugh it up boys, it's all good. By the way diggler, I'm sure that you secured proper permission from the Oshie family, and TJ specifically, for making money off of his name on you stupid shirts. If you want to call me about that or pm me that would be just fine. Maybe I'll just ask Tim (sr.) about it the next time I run into him at the Italian Moon. However, I'm sure you already covered all of your bases haven't you, you being the super intelligent being that you are.

Laugh it up boys, it's all good. By the way diggler, I'm sure that you secured proper permission from the Oshie family, and TJ specifically, for making money off of his name on you stupid shirts. If you want to call me about that or pm me that would be just fine. Maybe I'll just ask Tim (sr.) about it the next time I run into him at the Italian Moon. However, I'm sure you already covered all of your bases haven't you, you being the super intelligent being that you are.

alright...again...the topic is...Alerus/Canad Complex...nice reference BACK to the Italian Moon though...you're consistent! I'll give you that... :lol::D

(PS to Diggler: If you're making a million $$ off the Oshie Shirts - please cut me in! I need money...but don't talk about it because I'm sure some NARC-er would rat you out - unless you eat at a certain restaurant - SO MANY STANDARDS - SO LITTLE PATIENCE!! ;) )

alright...again...the topic is...Alerus/Canad Complex...nice reference BACK to the Italian Moon though...you're consistent! I'll give you that... :lol::D

(PS to Diggler: If you're making a million $$ off the Oshie Shirts - please cut me in! I need money...but don't talk about it because I'm sure some NARC-er would rat you out - unless you eat at a certain restaurant - SO MANY STANDARDS - SO LITTLE PATIENCE!! ;) )

Seems to me that if you wanted it to stay on topic you would not have said what you did. As far as diggler goes, I was just asking HIM if he had permission to profit off of the Oshie name, not YOU. I want HIM to answer that, not YOU. Quite frankly, I find diggler's obsession with male college hockey players to be downright disturbing, but hey, that's really his own business isn't it.

You're right I didn't ask T.J.'s permission to make the shirts. If you feel the need to talk to TJ or Tim or anyone else, go right ahead. If they don't like that I'm selling the shirts, I'll quit. I'm sure the $20 I've made with the shirts is of utmost important to them. :lol:

If this truly is that important to you, I demand have a sit down meeting with the entire Oshie family on this subject.

You're right I didn't ask T.J.'s permission to make the shirts. If you feel the need to talk to TJ or Tim or anyone else, go right ahead. If they don't like that I'm selling the shirts, I'll quit. I'm sure the $20 I've made with the shirts is of utmost important to them. :D

If this truly is that important to you, I demand have a sit down meeting with the entire Oshie family on this subject.

OK. When? :lol: Actually, I am quite sure that they probably don't care that some over obsessed wierdo fan is profiting of of them/him, that's just the kind of classy people that they are. Myself on the other hand, I just think it's kind of goofy, but again that's your own business.

I like the parking lots at the Alerus...they're paved and mostly ND State TROOPER free of idiocy!...kind of refreshing! :D I could be a diggler for a little more but I prefer to let free thinkers REMAIN free thinkers and let...well...let's just say...Rush Limbaugh still has listeners! :lol:

The parking lot at the Alerus may be trooper free, but I can assure you that it is never Triouxper free. Sorry to disappoint you. Now you and diggler can get back to your lovefest for each other.

You can have the conversation whenever you please. After you have this conversation with Tim, you can come here and regale us all with tales of how important you are because Tim Oshie took time out of his busy schedule to talk to you at the Italian Moon over some Chili Conqueso. It'll be awesome! I'm sure we all can't wait.

You can have the conversation whenever you please. Maybe you should take a page from their book and if they don't care, why do you?

After you have this conversation with Tim, you can come here and regale us all with tales of how important you because Tim Oshie took time out of his busy schedule to talk to you at the Italian Moon over some Chili Conqueso.

Jealous? Like I said, I don't really care either, it's just a little goofy that's all. That's just my own opinion, like I said it's your obsession do with it what you will. You are right about one thing though, I'm sure that Mr. Oshie has better things to do with his time then discuss a trivial matter like this with two turds like us.

I am jealous of how awesome you are. Knowing everyone under the sun and being close personal friends with them all makes you extra super special. Why you're like the Sid Hartman of this board. Congratulations.

You're not going ask him about how he feels about the t-shirts now? That's quite the quitters attitude, isn't it? It seemed like you were really adamant about this issue and now you're just giving up on it. That's really sad. :lol:

I am jealous of how awesome you are. Knowing everyone under the sun and being close personal friends with them all makes you extra super special. Why you're like the Sid Hartman of this board. Congratulations.

You're not going ask him about how he feels about the t-shirts now? That's quite the quitters attitude, isn't it? It seemed like you were really adamant about this issue and now you're just giving up on it. That's really sad. :lol:

(i'm OUT of this catfight but I suspect "STUPOR" thinks he has SOMEONE by the shortNcurlys) - and it ain't you diggler! so let it go...an unlicensed t-shirt vendor can't compare to the evil workings of an evil/duplicitious AD with a smart, typing internet hound on his tail!!! :D;) after all...the "he" "KNOWS" people :lol:

Now, before you post some more of your stupid ramblings, read this post. Like I said before, I'm sure that the Oshies care not what an overly obsessed fan does with his own time and money. I don't really care either, however MY opinion is that I think it is a little strange. Is that clear enough for you diggler? Mr. Oshie does not care about two turds like us fighting on an internet message board. Who my friends are and what I may or may not know is not of any relevance at this time. Even if I were connected, I have not and would not come on here and gloat for any reason. I don't need to. I'll tell you what diggler, you want to settle this the old fashioned way? I'm talking a head to head challenge. We'll meet at the Italian Moon, who ever consumes the most chicken wings and beer in a pre-determined amount of time is the winner. Loser pays the tab, and to sweeten the pot, if i lose, I'll dig up some cool Sioux stuff to boot. If you lose I get one of your crappy Oshie shirts to wipe my hands and mouth after I destroy you. Maybe Mr. Oshie could come and officiate. I really don't think you're man enough.

(i'm OUT of this catfight but I suspect "STUPOR" thinks he has SOMEONE by the shortNcurlys) - and it ain't you diggler! so let it go...an unlicensed t-shirt vendor can't compare to the evil workings of an evil/duplicitious AD with a smart, typing internet hound on his tail!!! :D;) after all...the "he" "KNOWS" people :lol:

Why do you refuse to believe that there is a problem with the AD?

Your solution to this "argument" is a wing eating contest? Ummm ok. I didn't realize this was all that important to you.

Just trying to have a little fun with ya. What's "all that important?" The fact that you are an over obsessed fan trying to make money off of someone else's good name, or the fact that you think I am putting myself on some kind of pedastal. Honestly I'm quite flattered that you think that way of me, but I am just a regular guy. I would say like you, but I'm not an obsessed lunatic.

If I can interrupt the bickering and get back to the topic (Alerus/Canad Complex) for just a second?

Thank you.

Now that I have everybody's attention, I think that the new Canad Inn and related businesses will be a big boost to the Alerus Center and the Center's bottom line. The biggest problem with the Al so far has been the convention center portion running a big deficit that cancels out the surplus earned by the arena portion. That is the biggest difference between the Al and the Fargodome; the Dome is just a big arena while the Al is an arena/convention center. The Al might now have a chance to break even or even earn a small profit on an annual basis.

I really hope UND Football makes a long-term commitment to the Al, because I really think all this "new on-campus stadium" talk is tied to some future plan to go to the BCS level (or whatever it's called now) in football. That would be a big mistake. We can compete at the FCS level, but not the BCS level. In any event, I am looking forward to the season starting.

Now back to our regularly scheduled bickering! :lol:

I haven't been to the Alerus since attending a football game there last year. Sounds like it's going to be a blast to go there early before and stay late after a football game. Almost sorry now that I sold my season tickets to a deserving good buddy!! :lol:

I haven't been to the Alerus since attending a football game there last year. Sounds like it's going to be a blast to go there early before and stay late after a football game. Almost sorry now that I sold my season tickets to a deserving good buddy!! :lol:

You better go out and buy another set of season tickets! We need all the fans possible at our games!