SiouxSports.com Forum

Could use some Hockey

Fetch

They took the ice out of The Ralph today-I have to admit, it's very weird to see white "piles of snow" in the parking lot when its a gazillion degrees out.

Want to lay odds that the ice is not there anymore...

Goon's right, hockeymom. Prove it. :) Maybe you and Goon can have an eating contest at an unnamed establishment in GF to settle this great debate.

I left work after 4 and there were still piles of ice, I was surprized that it didn't melt immediately. There was still water on the ground yesterday afternoon when I walked back from the bookstore.

I left work after 4 and there were still piles of ice, I was surprized that it didn't melt immediately. There was still water on the ground yesterday afternoon when I walked back from the bookstore.

Especially when the heat index was over 100 degrees. I still would rather have this than -30 weather...

The Celebration at the end of the goal was priceless.

I was golfing in Pinehurst, NC that weekend, and of course, nowhere had ESPNU. My plane flew into Minneapolis the night of the game, and landed as the game was going into overtime. I ran to the nearest tv, which was at a little bar at a TGI Fridays in the airport. I had my Sioux gear on with a bunch of gopher fans around me. A minute later, the Gophers got Porterized. One of the best moments of my Sioux fan life.

I sat down yesterday and watched the sweep at Mariucci, now that was fun to re-watch. Lots of bad calls and refs trying to make sure the goofs win and the Sioux still get the sweep. That was a great weekend. Hope there are lots more where that came from in a couple of months. Go Sioux!

I sat down yesterday and watched the sweep at Mariucci, now that was fun to re-watch. Lots of bad calls and refs trying to make sure the goofs win and the Sioux still get the sweep. That was a great weekend. Hope there are lots more where that came from in a couple of months. Go Sioux!

Here we go with the ref thing, lame, lame, lame.

I was just saying that they had to overcome a lot of interesting calls and have a good PK to win that weekend. Not lame, just the truth.

It is lame, people bitch when our guys get mugged and there is no call, then they bitch when we play "our style" of hockey and we get whistled for it. Yes there are horseshit calls sometimes, but saying that the refs were trying to ensure a goopfer win is just lame and makes us look bads as fans. The skippy's will be jumping all over this one.

It is lame, people bitch when our guys get mugged and there is no call, then they bitch when we play "our style" of hockey and we get whistled for it. Yes there are horseshit calls sometimes, but saying that the refs were trying to ensure a goopfer win is just lame and makes us look bads as fans. The skippy's will be jumping all over this one.

OK I will amend to say there were just some questionable calls in those games.

How is this for a hockey fix:

2007 West Regional

I just watched it and got goosebumps!

OK I just watched that a couple of times and even if Porter would not have scored, I think VandeVelde was in perfect position for a rebound. I have seen that play a 100 times and just noticed that he was in great position for a rebound. I am getting really excited for the upoming season. Drop the puck already!

Oh man.... So I'm sittin at work watching Sioux highlight stuff on YouTube... and who walks by but Hak and the rest of the coaches!!! And they say hi, and I'm like "Hey, I'm watching your team!" because I was highly amused right! And they asked what I was watching (it was at the fighting part) so I said I was watching fights, and they all laughed and Hak goes "Well, it's all a part of the game!"

It was funny :silly: