SiouxSports.com Forum

2007 NHL Entry Draft

USA Hockey

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Screw the Wild, I'm jumping on the Penguins bandwagon. The Wild had a great opportunity fall into their lap and instead they draft the same kind of player they have 10 of already. Ridiculous. :ohmy:

i know, those sitting there and you pass on them is a friken joke..........both will be difference makers, the penguins will win the cup in the next 3 years. or new jersey ;) my 2 favorite teams when minnesota and phx crap the bed

dam riley nash just went very high!!

i know, those sitting there and you pass on them is a friken joke..........both will be difference makers, the penguins will win the cup in the next 3 years. or new jersey ;) my 2 favorite teams when minnesota and phx crap the bed

dam riley nash just went very high!!

Yes he did at 21st overall but given Edmonton's current status and track record that is probably bad news for Cornell, maybe two years playing for them at best.

ok, I know that this is the wrong thread, but i don't feel like figuring out what thread this goes into and everyone is on here. This may have been mentioned before but i was on the BCHL website and saw on their commitments that Hunter Bishop had committed or recommited to play at UND in 2008-2009. Can he really come back?

ok, I know that this is the wrong thread, but i don't feel like figuring out what thread this goes into and everyone is on here. This may have been mentioned before but i was on the BCHL website and saw on their commitments that Hunter Bishop had committed or recommited to play at UND in 2008-2009. Can he really come back?

Yes he can come back. Quinn Fylling played his freshman year at UND, then went to Sioux Falls to play a year in the USHL before returning to UND.

And Patrick White is drafted by the Canucks. I absolutely love those Grand Rapids HS jerseys.

i am pretty sure that he can. he would be a soph though.

also...gophers' white went 25. o well

Yes he can come back. Quinn Fylling played his freshman year at UND, then went to Sioux Falls to play a year in the USHL before returning to UND.

And Patrick White is drafted by the Canucks. I absolutely love those Grand Rapids HS jerseys.

thank you Diggler! I knew that I should know if he could or not for some reason. and stop making fun of people's jerseys. it is not their fault that they are fashion challenged, unlike you.

thank you Diggler! I knew that I should know if he could or not for some reason. and stop making fun of people's jerseys. it is not their fault that they are fashion challenged, unlike you.

I'm not making fun of the jersey :ohmy:, I really do love it. They are absolutely awesome.

ok ok, didn't mean to start a huge discussion. back to the draft, it is really interesting not like the NFL draft which took forever. :ohmy:

and will be more interesting for us sioux fans tomorrow hopefully having 5 recruits drafted!!

brad has stated hunter bishop has verbally commited to ohio state next season as his sister will be there as well. good for hunter!! good program

ok, now i am confused because I checked the Ohio State website and they didn't have anything about him or his sister. not that I don't trust Brad, but this is confusing. Oh and i am not a stalker, but nothing on facebook either.

ok, now i am confused because I checked the Ohio State website and they didn't have anything about him or his sister. not that I don't trust Brad, but this is confusing. Oh and i am not a stalker, but nothing on facebook either.

i would bet that brad knows what hes talking about and wouldnt say that on his blog if he didnt know that. its a VERBAL commitment as of now, his sister will be a freshman next year, i never said shes playing hockey but i am assuming she is, also i would classify you as a semi stalker :ohmy:;)

he will do well there, they are usually solid, just dont run into the sioux hunter or big joe will flatten you!!

Things in the first round that I noted:

1. Wisconsin did well in the first round, which was expected.

2. For some reason, I thought Ptriecki and Pacioretty would go higher.

3. Shocked at the fall of Angelo Esposito.

4. Riley Nash in the first round... I didn't see that coming at all.

I figured I would start a thread for the draft, tsn released their final rankings of the top 60 and Malone was UND's highest prospect at 58. Here is the link, [url="http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11082&hubname="]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=11082&hubname=

Cherepanov is, he is tremendously inconsistent, maddeningly frustrating and a player who only turns it on when he feels like it. "Talented but temperamental," one scout said. "He's either the best player on the ice or he's not even there. There's no in between. When the effort is there, he can dominate and score goals like no one else in the draft. When the effort isn't there, you feel like giving him a shake."

He creates so much offense by using his tremendous skating, but will need more at the next level. Plays on the outside - does a lot of fishing with stick near scrums for loose pucks. Needs to show more competitiveness. Used his speed to win races, but wouldn't battle for loose pucks. Soft mentally and questionable leadership ability at next level.

The way I see it the Wild were probably wise to lay off these two. They already had a bust in AJ Thelan, do they really want to risk another 1st round selection on another unpredictable outcome? The Wild are neither a desperate team forced to take chances nor a loaded team that can afford to, IMO. They need to pick quality guys who will contribute, and yes, they have to have the character to fit into the present system.