SiouxSports.com Forum

Buning Problem?

siouxman68

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply complaining that PCM wouldn't have been similarly challenged doesn't address the problem I posed in the previous two paragraphs.

Because nobody ever challenges a single word I post here. :lol:

Your Eminence, may I be allowed the privilege of asking if I can speak to you? Because you are all knowing and know everything.

Even though you have a nice avatar, your request is denied because I suspect that you're being sacastic. :D:lol:

Dang. I'd challenge you on this, but I'm not allowed to because you're PCM and are the unquestioned ruler of SiouxSports Universe. You're like Bono, only more successful. At least that is what I'm lead to believe since you have so many posts.

That's how I have seen it transpire over the years......not only on this board but any message board........you have to be part of the group to be recognized (taken seriously) and the only way to be part of the group is to just post, post, post no matter what random thought (no matter how irrelevant) comes to mind.

I have found that if you don't hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, you tend to post what you know to be true rather than any gossip or rumor or hearsay that comes along. You also tend to speculate less and instead post informed opinion that

Dang. I'd challenge you on this, but I'm not allowed to because you're PCM and are the unquestioned ruler of SiouxSports Universe. You're like Bono, only more successful. At least that is what I'm lead to believe since you have so many posts.

You are wise to recognize my power.

starwarskid.gif

Because we just love to get into these phylosophical questions and dissect items word-for-word of what others say, how is what you said or are implying any different than a reporter saying "Officials had a closed door meeting but I'm reporting that unnamed sources have told me this about the meeting"? Is it because we aren't reporters and then should be held to a higher standard? But the reporter always follows back on the excuse that the public has a right to know and that they haven't broken any trust bonds.

I love new words for the ss.com dictionary (and you've kind of combined animal and vegetable all in one). And, btw, only sudo reporters and pre-madonna's are accepted here.

I have found that if you don't hide behind the anonymity of the Internet, you tend to post what you know to be true rather than any gossip or rumor or hearsay that comes along. You also tend to speculate less and instead post informed opinion that

...and your point is what?

I don't want to put words into someone's mouth, but I believe he was implying that Tom Buning is the greatest thing since sliced bread. :D:lol:

Edited by PCM
I can't spell "Buning"

...and your point is what?

If I were trying to convince a group of people that Tom Buning was no longer an asset to the University of North Dakota as the Athletic Director I would find it disheartening that he had been selected to serve on the Executive Committee for the National Association of Collegiate Directors of Athletics. IMO...a public announcement such as this does not strengthen my stance that he is a liability.

Just for the record...I neither love nor hate Tom Buning. My general opinion of him is that he is doing an adequate job and has brought some enthusiasm to the position of Athletic Director. If Dale Lennon or Dave Hakstol want me to call President Kupchella and demand Buning's resignation they are free to call me anytime. Until then I do not have enough information to choose sides.

Thank you.