SiouxSports.com Forum

Fishing

HockeyMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to fish that lake (Last Mtn) Sask. I have hunted SOB's there a couple times - What time of yr did you get it ?

My biggest fish.jpg

About the second week of September, out of Rowan's Ravine, the week before the big tourney there. About the right timing every year for big fall walleye's, just before the lake turns over; can be good again later, but the water can get kind of hard by then.

Diefenbaker is the same way, and not that much further.

What's a 'rough fish'?

I knew, but I looked it up so that it sounded better then me explaining it.

Rough fish: those species of fish considered to be either poor fighting quality when taken on tackle or of poor eating quality.

Examples are carp, suckers, bullheads. Yuck.

I remember my dad taking me fishing for trout at McVille Dam when I was a kid. Great memories.

I went deep sea fishing in the Gulf last month and caught a bunch of red snapper. I don't get out too often, so I do most of my "fishing" Here. One day when I have more time, I'm going to get back into fishing. Very relaxing.

Ice fishing is the best. :ohmy:

Unfortunately, it's not something you can do down here.

Not McVille, about 30 miles SE of there though. We prolly should have gotten a speeding ticket riving through McVille tonight on the way home from Devils Lake.

I'm a nice shade of crisy right now, and I reapplied sunscreen all day. :ohmy:

Not McVille, about 30 miles SE of there though. We prolly should have gotten a speeding ticket riving through McVille tonight on the way home from Devils Lake.

I'm a nice shade of crisy right now, and I reapplied sunscreen all day. :ohmy:

Were you at the Hersheys Track Meet or in the Chamber Fishing Tournament? I could hear the track meet announcer all day. I was outside staining my fence and I got crispy too.. with sunscreen.

Mr. Yekcoh made some fresh walleye for dinner Friday night. It was yummy. That was in return for staining the deck. I have been a staining fool this weekend.

Oh, my guess is Golden Lake. Ashtabula is more than an hour away from Grand Forks.

All this guessing!! There oughta be a prize for the correct answer!!! :ohmy:

I was at the Navajo Dam and the San Juan River (NM) yesterday. The folks on the river were catching some really nice sized (for eating) trout. I almost felt at home by the river>>mosquitoes. Although, I have to admit, the mosquitoes there were not at bad as they are at home in GF.

Were you at the Hersheys Track Meet or in the Chamber Fishing Tournament? I could hear the track meet announcer all day. I was outside staining my fence and I got crispy too.. with sunscreen.

Mr. Yekcoh made some fresh walleye for dinner Friday night. It was yummy. That was in return for staining the deck. I have been a staining fool this weekend.

Oh, my guess is Golden Lake. Ashtabula is more than an hour away from Grand Forks.

I haven't fished Ashtabullhead since I was a kid. I think I had different sunscreen on my back than I did on the rest of me, because that's the only place I burned.

We were just fishing for fun and spending some quality time as a family.

I haven't fished Ashtabullhead since I was a kid. I think I had different sunscreen on my back than I did on the rest of me, because that's the only place I burned.

We were just fishing for fun and spending some quality time as a family.

I was only guessing based on Google Maps. So was it Golden Lake? N or S? I didn't catch it in the newspaper...

• 1 month later...