SiouxSports.com Forum

Fishing

HockeyMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saw a guy catch a 1.5-2ft pike at the confluence of the Red and Red Lake Rivers in town... Thanks to all the fisherman in the area, I've rounded up 4 bobbers in 4 days kayaking :p .

The story of the week is the goldeye I "caught" the other day, however. I was paddling back down from Lincoln park to the EGF dock when I saw what appeared to be a bottle moving against the current I paddled up and saw it was a travel size Canadian whiskey bottle :whistling: I pulled on it and sure enough there was a line with a 10 inch goldeye attached. The people fishing across the river said they wondered what it was, so I paddled over and gave it to them to deal with. Just another day on the Red!

Aaron

This happens every year in the Devils Lake area. Last year or the year before someone from MPLS was caught by Minnewauken as well with way too many fish over the limit...

I am wiritng this post from the shores of devils lake as we speak... I am out here for a another walleye tourney (spirit lake tourney) and i assure you that there is a violent over-population of shore fisherman that are not from here at all times... and they are not from the area and hmong, every liscense plate from minnesota... mine is too don't get me wrong.. but its border line rdiculous and i can bet alot of money that 25 percent aren't paying a dang bit of attention to the regs...

I am wiritng this post from the shores of devils lake as we speak... I am out here for a another walleye tourney (spirit lake tourney) and i assure you that there is a violent over-population of shore fisherman that are not from here at all times... and they are not from the area and hmong, every liscense plate from minnesota... mine is too don't get me wrong.. but its border line rdiculous and i can bet alot of money that 25 percent aren't paying a dang bit of attention to the regs...

Time for the ND game fish tip line...