SiouxSports.com Forum

Fishing

HockeyMom

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give us a hint - that fish is a big deal & you should not tell where exactly it was caught - how about Minn or ND ?

I dream of getting one that size in the spring full of eggs (it could of been close to a new ND State record with 4 lbs of eggs)

I hope your either having it mounted or released it

There was alittle lake in western ND (over 20 yrs ago) that someone caught a big one & the word got out & in the next couple yrs they caught a bunch of whoppers walleyes there & it has not been heard from since

after you get one for the wall, then it is so cool to release the big ones

give us a hint - that fish is a big deal & you should not tell where exaactly it was caught - how about Minn or ND ?

I dream of getting one that size in the spring full of eggs (it could be a new State record)

I hope your either having it mounted or released it

there was alittle lake in western ND (over 20 yrs ago) that someone caught a big one & the word got out & in the next couple yrs they caught a bunch of whoppers walleyes there & it has not been heard from since

How about this-it's within an hour drive from Grand Forks. Mr. HockeyMom is afraid that it will be fished out if the word gets out. The weeds will be so thick in a week, no one will be able to get a boat in.

It's in the freezer waiting to be mounted.

Please let us see a pic when it's done (or PM me I'd like to see it)

I'm glad the boy got it - Now he may have to go to Canada to get a bigger one :silly:

I got my 9+ (& son got a 8+) many yrs ago in Devils Lake & they were kept in the freezer for over 10 yrs

I thought I'd get a 10 + but it has never happened - I was thinking I would have to throw them away - but they turned out great & one is at home (Sons) & mine is at my office for nearly 7 years

I hope he knows how special that is ? & he looks like the perfect age to be really into fishing

My son did the same sort of thing with his fish & a Big Buck at a early age - it's hard to do it again :glare:

Enjoy these yrs they go by way too fast :bigsmile:

He started fishing on the banks of the Missouri when he was six months old with his dad. :bigsmile: I wouldn't be surprized if he ends up fishing for a living.....between that, hockey, and a couple weeks of hunting in the fall it's all he thinks about.

He fell into the Sheyenne River casting at a year old.......when Mr. HockeyMom pulled him up out of the water he was still holding onto his rod.

I could go on for days.....

After trying to convince him to fish for 2 years, my 6 year old son decided a couple of weeks ago that the boat really isn't a bad place to be.

He was practicing casting with his 2 year old Spiderman rod and a crankbait and told my husband that he had a fish. They were in some weeds, so Tom thought he was snagged on them, but Riley kept reeling and saying "I have a fish". Sure enough, up comes a 24" northern. Snapped a pic on the camera phone and threw the slimy thing back.

He has since graduated to a regular fishing rod. :lol: