SiouxSports.com Forum

Bina's trial date set.

siouxnami

Finley's fine is from last November when he got in trouble, no big deal. just a loud party violation every UND student will most likely get one in their college career. it is the Noise Ordinance thing.

Yeah, man those things are a bitch to deal with.... Not by experience, but hearing my friends talk about it, just seems like something I don't wanna deal with thanks lol

last time i check we are not getting arrested with drugs or ect...............minor college stuff for sure, especially a loud party charge, happens to the best of us :ohmy:

I thought that was the only kind of party there was. One time when I was living in Bemidji cops came to the house and told us we needed to hold the noise down. All we were doing was playing TECMO Bowl. No beer.

$475 for a loud party? doesn't make sense that it would be that much.

i was thinking the same. its got to be something bigger than noise. all this news of trouble makes the team look bad. i hope that its in the past, as they are all looked up to by many youngsters.

I thought that was the only kind of party there was. One time when I was living in Bemidji cops came to the house and told us we needed to hold the noise down. All we were doing was playing TECMO Bowl. No beer.

:ohmy: We used to have tournaments on that game when I was in the Navy. Definitely got pretty loud, but they never made us walk the plank or anything.

What's this "did" stuff? It's still a great game. Even better to play drinking games too.

Maybe so but my Play Station hasn't been turned on in Months. Too busy doing I have no Idea so the chances of me getting one isn't very good hence the did past tense.

i was thinking the same. its got to be something bigger than noise. all this news of trouble makes the team look bad. i hope that its in the past, as they are all looked up to by many youngsters.

Nope just noise. It's one of the most ridiculous fines that the GFPD hands out. A few of my friends have gotten one and it is that much.

A loud party fine should be like $100-$150 if that. $475 is ridiculous.

I believe that they increased it with the new noise ordinance. I can't remember what they put it at, but you get so much for the first one and so much for the next one, so it could be the second one and we just never heard about the first. I don't know, but either way, not that big of a deal, just a college party.

Yeah, man those things are a bitch to deal with.... Not by experience, but hearing my friends talk about it, just seems like something I don't wanna deal with thanks lol

Sounds like they dropped a charge because from what I heard from people at the party was that Finley was arrested, and a loud party violation is not an arrestable offense.

Actually under the new rules passed by GF's student hating city council it is an arrestable offense and it's up to the discretion of the officer if they take the person in or not. All it would take is a single officer on a power trip and Finley is handcuffs. The rules are ridiculous, but they'll never change because the police selectively apply them only on students and not on the general public.

Actually under the new rules passed by GF's student hating city council it is an arrestable offense and it's up to the discretion of the officer if they take the person in or not. All it would take is a single officer on a power trip and Finley is handcuffs. The rules are ridiculous, but they'll never change because the police selectively apply them only on students and not on the general public.

I was specifically told there was something else he was arrested for.