SiouxSports.com Forum

Lamoureux / Grieco

Big A HG

Why don't you personally put this whole issue to bed for us, once and for all. Get on the phone to Ed Belfour and ask him what was he thinking when he recruited Greico for UND. After all, how could the Eagle know as much about goaltending as you do. :silly:

Yeah what does Eddie the Eagle know, what did he play like 20 years in the NHL, he doesn't know half as much as labout hockey as Lives-play-with- himself06 does.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so glad the coach isn't listening to your respect or not respect list or your evaluation on talent, if he was he would have to be high. I would be willing to bet that Grieco reguardless of your assessment will do a decent job fighting for playing time and will probably get his share of work. All the while Walski will be sitting on the bench opening the door for the players.

Did I say the situation should be re-evaluated or not? Did I close the book on him?

How do you know Walski is so bad? I atleast have reason to be critical of Greico's play. Your only reason is a vendetta against ND hockey players. Let me guess you didn't think the sioux should have tried harder to get Danny Irmen or Ryan Potulny or Grant Potulny? There have been some very good sioux players from North Dakota and others that the sioux should have recruited harder and regret now.

Just of the top of my head:

Jay Panzer

Jeff Panzer

Nick Fuher

Tim O'connel

Quinn Fylling

Andy Schnieder

Others that got away:

Ryan Potulny (This one hurt, Danny and Ryan are better than any forwards the sioux have had in a long time except (Parise and Toews).

Danny Irmen (Really hurt, tough to explain this one)

Grant Potulny (This one hurts because it could have been the sioux winning those championships if they had Grant)

Corey Mclean (Captain of Notre Dame)

Mike Peluso (It wasn't like he flew under the radar)

Mike Eickeman ( I can think of more than a few Defenseman I would have traded for him)

Phil is the man next year no doubt. becuase he' a senior, the team will have to get some back-up rotation going next year as to have some experience between the pipes the following year. It won't be splittsies every weekend but A.G. will get 35% of games in net...imo. By changing goalies it also presents your skaters with a different challenge for that particular game. The best teams can win in whatever style of game is played on the ice. High scoring, you out score them. Low scoring, you don't let you get to the front of the net. my .02 cents.

Trupp for R.O.Y. 2008!!!!

\m/(-_-)\m/

I agree mostly with this but I think the real reason we need Greico to step up is that we cannot handle the loss of Phil. If he gets hurt or tweaked like he did last year we need a respectable backup that can handle the load. Also with more experience you prepare your young goalie for next year.

As I had mentioned in a previous thread the thing I'm concerned about with Greico is if he will continue his "not so good" practice habits of last year. My understanding was that he did not practice hard and never truly convinced the coaches that he was ready to step in consistently. If he can change his behavior and realize that the he will play if he is better that week in practice than Phil is maybe we will have a nice goaltending duo.

I think Phil is the man but we need Greico to be able to come in at any given time. That

Hey, I need some work done on my air-conditioner what do you think you can do for me?

Once and for all, I only sell auto parts, I don't install them. There's a huge difference, I wouldn't expect you to comprehend, hell you can't even figure out that every here thinks you are a stupid a-hole. keep trying though sooner or later you might get it.

Did I say the situation should be re-evaluated or not? Did I close the book on him?

How do you know Walski is so bad? I atleast have reason to be critical of Greico's play. Your only reason is a vendetta against ND hockey players. Let me guess you didn't think the sioux should have tried harder to get Danny Irmen or Ryan Potulny or Grant Potulny? There have been some very good sioux players from North Dakota and others that the sioux should have recruited harder and regret now.

Jay Panzer

Jeff Panzer

Nick Fuher

Tim O'connel

Quinn Fylling

Andy Schnieder

Others that got away:

Ryan Potulny (This one hurt, Danny and Ryan are better than any forwards the sioux have had in a long time except (Parise and Toews).

Grant Potulny (This one hurts because it could have been the sioux winning those championships if they had Grant)

Mike Eickeman ( I can think of more than a few Defenseman I would have traded for him)

Not quite sure how you came to this conclusion nor do I care. I probably shouldn't even spend any time even bothering to respond to your question. I nothing against North Dakota players, I was huge fan of the Panzer boys when they played at UND as well as the fore mentioned players above. You forgot James Massen in my opinion. I honestly don't see why some think if a player is from North Dakota he automatically has a right of passage to play for the Sioux snfd and should be playing in front of somone else based on him being from North Dakota. I haven't seen anyone in the High School ranks in ND that even warrants a look in getting a shot at the next level. There is a player that will be a 10th grader at Central that plays defense that comes close to fitting that bill, I haven't seen anyone that stands out. Its surely not Arnason. That kid will be lucky to make a junior team after high school.

I don't understand how Irman and the Poltulny boys weren't recruited harder by UND, that seems to be a loss. I had heard that Mr Potulny had told Blais that you take both or you get neither. Personally, I don't care it's water under the bridge.

I do know we will probably never see Walski in very many games during his career at UND unless there are some serious injury problems at UND. I would say that Walksi is on par with a Ryan Sofie. There is nothing special about that kid. He was a nice story in High School but that is as far as it goes.

Once and for all, I only sell auto parts, I don't install them. There's a huge difference, I wouldn't expect you to comprehend, hell you can't even figure out that every here thinks you are a stupid a-hole. keep trying though sooner or later you might get it.

I am thinking the ignore Troll button for Lives-To-Play-with-himself is coming soon.

Not quite sure how you came to this conclusion nor do I care. I probably shouldn't even spend any time even bothering to respond to your question. I nothing against North Dakota players, I was huge fan of the Panzer boys when they played at UND as well as the fore mentioned players above. You forgot James Massen in my opinion. I honestly don't see why some think if a player is from North Dakota he automatically has a right of passage to play for the Sioux snfd and should be playing in front of somone else based on him being from North Dakota. I haven't seen anyone in the High School ranks in ND that even warrants a look in getting a shot at the next level. There is a player that will be a 10th grader at Central that plays defense that comes close to fitting that bill, I haven't seen anyone that stands out. Its surely not Arnason. That kid will be lucky to make a junior team after high school.

I don't understand how Irman and the Poltulny boys weren't recruited harder by UND, that seems to be a loss. I had heard that Mr Potulny had told Blais that you take both or you get neither. Personally, I don't care it's water under the bridge.

I do know we will probably never see Walski in very many games during his career at UND unless there are some serious injury problems at UND. I would say that Walksi is on par with a Ryan Sofie. There is nothing special about that kid. He was a nice story in High School but that is as far as it goes.

I think some NHL scouts might disagree with you. There was a rumor of the blue-jackets looking at a defenseman from South last season. In recent seasons many ND players have gotten to the Next Level "Junior A or D1".

I'm not sure who from Central you were talking about, no one on that team is close to fitting any billing.

Jay Panzer

Jeff Panzer

Nick Fuher

Tim O'connel

Quinn Fylling

Andy Schnieder

Others that got away:

There is no way that a forward in the AHL and one who is a part timer for the worst team in the NHL are better than, for example, Travis Zajac and Drew Stafford, who play significant roles on NHL Playoff teams!!! You are quickly losing credibility. Too late, it's gone!!!

There is no way that a forward in the AHL and one who is a part timer for the worst team in the NHL are better than, for example, Travis Zajac and Drew Stafford, who play significant roles on NHL Playoff teams!!! You are quickly losing credibility. Too late, it's gone!!!

Yeah, how many here would trade an Oshie, Staford, Zajac, or Duncan, for ry-ry. Not me that's for sure.

Funny Danny and Ryan played against Travis and Drew in college. I think Danny and Ryan had the upper hand. If you take Drew stafford over either of them youre a complete moron. Travis was one of the best player the sioux have had but he wasn't the player those two were.

Funny Danny and Ryan played against Travis and Drew in college. I think Danny and Ryan had the upper hand. If you take Drew stafford over either of them youre a complete moron. Travis was one of the best player the sioux have had but he wasn't the player those two were.

And yet Zajac played a regular shift on a team that went to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. While irmen I don't think ever saw NHL ice time last year and ry-ry got his ass kicked along the boards (like the wuss that he is) every time he was on the ice for philly. Yeah those two were/are much better players then Zajac.

I am so glad the coach isn't listening to your respect or not respect list or your evaluation on talent, if he was he would have to be high. I would be willing to bet that Grieco reguardless of your assessment will do a decent job fighting for playing time and will probably get his share of work. All the while Walski will be sitting on the bench opening the door for the players.

ok people I am sorry, but once and for all Aaron does NOT open the door. He sits where Phil did last year when Jordan was playing. That would be at the end of the bench toward the other teams bench. Anthony is the one who opens the door, and sits/stands where Aaron was last year. Sorry, my little rant.

Oh, and I would take Travis or Drew over Ry-Ry or Danny Boy.

And yet Zajac played a regular shift on a team that went to the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. While irmen I don't think ever saw NHL ice time last year and ry-ry got his ass kicked along the boards (like the wuss that he is) every time he was on the ice for philly. Yeah those two were/are much better players then Zajac.

Ryan Potulny

2005-06 Minnesota Golden Gophers WCHA 41 38 25 63

Drew Stafford

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 41 24 23 47

Travis Zajac

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 45 17 27 44

Ryan Potulny

2005-06 Minnesota Golden Gophers WCHA 41 38 25 63

Drew Stafford

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 41 24 23 47

Travis Zajac

2005-06 North Dakota Fighting Sioux WCHA 45 17 27 44

Post all the stats you want dickhead, you see who is making an impact in the NHL right now. Zajac is more of a complete player than danny and ry-ry can ever dream to be. As far as stafford he will be a better player than either of those two (danny and ry-ry), only because Lindy ruff won't put up with his childish antics, and will make a real hockey player out of him.

ok people I am sorry, but once and for all Aaron does NOT open the door. He sits where Phil did last year when Jordan was playing. That would be at the end of the bench toward the other teams bench. Anthony is the one who opens the door, and sits/stands where Aaron was last year. Sorry, my little rant.

Oh, and I would take Travis or Drew over Ry-Ry or Danny Boy.

oh im sure when grieco was hurt and not dresed aaron made a hell of a door operator, maybe the bext ever, nah i think siembida was that guy :silly:

Post all the stats you want dickhead, you see who is making an impact in the NHL right now. Zajac is more of a complete player than danny and ry-ry can ever dream to be. As far as stafford he will be a better player than either of those two (danny and ry-ry), only because Lindy ruff won't put up with his childish antics, and will make a real hockey player out of him.

What they're doing in the pros has NOTHING to do with who was better in college(see Tony Hrkac). You could double Zajac's goal total from last year and it still would be four short of what Potulny had. He also had 14 more goals and 16 more points than Stafford did. It's really not even close. Stafford and Zajac are both better professionals right now than Potulny but you have to be deaf, dumb, or blind to think either were as good as him in college.

What they're doing in the pros has NOTHING to do with who was better in college(see Tony Hrkac). You could double Zajac's goal total from last year and it still would be four short of what Potulny had. He also had 14 more goals and 16 more points than Stafford did. It's really not even close. Stafford and Zajac are both better professionals right now than Potulny but you have to be deaf, dumb, or blind to think either were as good as him in college.

potulny was a 3 year player...zajac 2. and stafford and zajac are much better 2 way players. potulny was the PP guy that stood in front of the net for tap ins and wide open one timers. zajac was quite possibly the best 2 way forward in NCAA last year IMO.

ahhhh, look who pops out of the woods :silly: thats all it takes, you must get a ringing in your ear and then that tells you to go to SS :ohmy:

ahhhh, look who pops out of the woods :silly: thats all it takes, you must get a ringing in your ear and then that tells you to go to SS :ohmy:

Just pointing out the flaws in THETRIOUXPER's argument. Not that it's hard, I think a pre-schooler could have seen how dumb his logic was on this point.

stafford and zajac are much better 2 way players. potulny was the PP guy that stood in front of the net for tap ins and wide open one timers. zajac was quite possibly the best 2 way forward in NCAA last year IMO.

Stafford and Zajac got plenty of power play time with the Sioux also so I don't buy that argument. And even if Zajac was the greatest defensive forward college hockey has ever seen it still doesn't make up the difference of having 21 LESS goals than Potulny.

oh im sure when grieco was hurt and not dresed aaron made a hell of a door operator, maybe the bext ever, nah i think siembida was that guy :silly:

yeah, he still stood in the same spot. the other guys and the trainers opened the doors when Anthony was hurt. but anyway, back to Phil and Anthony. Phil is the number one goalie until he loses it or gets hurt. end of story. no use debating it.