SiouxSports.com Forum

Trivia ?

Fetch

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said, ....

Category: First game back after a one-game suspension.

Question: Who in a Sioux jersey had the best offensive performance under those conditions, and what was their scoring line for that game? (Extra credit for the date and a link to a box score.)

Like I said, ....

Category: First game back after a one-game suspension.

Question: Who in a Sioux jersey had the best offensive performance under those conditions, and what was their scoring line for that game? (Extra credit for the date and a link to a box score.)

Time's up! What's the answer and the next question?

You're all wimps!

In a WCHA home first round playoff series, on a Friday, UND won 4-0 over DU, but Jason Ulmer got a DQ for checking from behind. In Saturday's Game 2, without Jason Ulmer, UND lost to DU 2-1 to force a third game.

On Sunday, March 12, 2000, Jason Ulmer, coming off a one-game suspension, put up a 3 goal, 3 assist, 6 point, performance in a 9-4 victory to help UND move on to the WCHA Final Five and a Broadmoor Trophy.

You'll get no easier question next time. Give me a while to think.

Geez. Talk about surly! Just cause you're a grouch doesn't mean you have to come up with the most difficult and obscure questions ever.:silly:

Right after Ulmer got his DQ penalty, didn't a DU player also get one? I thought I remembered that Ulmer's was ticky tack and then a make up call was made on a DU player.

OK, smart boy ....

Yes, a make-up call was made shortly after the ticky-tacky call against Jason Ulmer.

Who for DU was called, who of the Sioux did he hit, and in which corner (compass direction) of old REA's rink was the hit?

Ulmer got called 8 seconds into the game.

At 58 seconds into the game Mark Rycroft hit Jeff Panzer, who'd perfectly stationed himself along the boards in the northeast corner of old REA in a manner that he was an irresistable checking from behind target.

Silly Rycroft couldn't resist.

My next question:

When new REA opened in 2001 each WCHA team had a banner on the south end above the club room. (They still each do.)

One of the school names was horribly misspelled and has since been corrected.

Reproduce that misspelling and you'll have answered the question.

Just outside the Sioux dressing room there's a picture of a little boy watching a Sioux hockey game in the late 1980's. Who is that future Sioux hockey and NHL player?

Jason Blake.

Don't think anyone wants to play anymore, Fetch.

This question was misleading. You said it was a picture of a little boy. Jason Blake was like 35 in the late 80's.

Yeah right! He was 35 when he started playing with the Sioux. Coach wanted an American 35 yr old player in addition to the 35 yr old Canadians there already on the team. :silly: