SiouxSports.com Forum

Trivia ?

Fetch

Took me forever to find it.

What team won the Inaugural WUSA Championship Game in what year? What was the final score, who did they defeat, and what was the name of the trophy that they won?

The San Jose CyberRays won the inaugural title beating the Atlanta Beat in a 4-2 shoot out August 2001. They were presented with the Founders Cup.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What player was voted to be on an NHL All Star team after his death?

At the age of 26, Pelle Lindberg, goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers, while driving drunk and speeding, crashed into a wall on November 10, 1984. He was brain dead. Two days later, life support was turned off and his organs were donated. He was elected to the !984-1985 NHL All Star First Team.

OK, I turn the next question over to who ever wants to ask it. :ohmy:

Albert Charles "Babe" Siebert was named coach of the Montreal Canadiens in 1939. Shortly after he was hired and before the 1939 - 1940 season started, he died in a drowning accident in Lake Huron.

The moral of the story is wear you life vest.

At the age of 26, Pelle Lindberg, goalie for the Philadelphia Flyers, while driving drunk and speeding, crashed into a wall on November 10, 1984. He was brain dead. Two days later, life support was turned off and his organs were donated. He was elected to the !984-1985 NHL All Star First Team.

OK, I turn the next question over to who ever wants to ask it. ;)

The moral of this story is to not drive drunk. :ohmy:

I applaud his family for donating his organs.

Anyone else out there organ donors? I am.