SiouxSports.com Forum

Toews with Canada

siouxhockey5

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the stats sheet doesn't say, just 2 mins for slashing. and no diggler, US is not awake right now.

USA's program needs serious help when it comes to the next olympics. and i dont think parise, kessel and company can do that when you look at the rest of the world and canada with all the young stars, we need help!

There are the Modano, Tkachuk, Amonte aged players and then there are the Parise, Kessel, Suter aged players with little in between. Other than Gionta and Gomez, who is there in that gap? At least the goaltending should be set with Miller, Dipietro and Frazee :ohmy:

The US is screwed in the Olympics in 2010. Unless Chris Chelios plans on playing that is. A 50 year old defenseman would be awesome!! :silly:

There are the Modano, Tkachuk, Amonte aged players and then there are the Parise, Kessel, Suter aged players with little in between. Other than Gionta and Gomez, who is there in that gap? At least the goaltending should be set with Miller, Dipietro and Frazee :D

The US is screwed in the Olympics in 2010. Unless Chris Chelios plans on playing that is. A 50 year old defenseman would be awesome!! :silly:

exact point, there is nothing in between and the players coming are not considered superstars by any means. i know you dont need superstars all around to win the gold but a few help during the process. yeah, what the hell JR will want to play still :ohmy:

There are the Modano, Tkachuk, Amonte aged players and then there are the Parise, Kessel, Suter aged players with little in between. Other than Gionta and Gomez, who is there in that gap? At least the goaltending should be set with Miller, Dipietro and Frazee :ohmy:

If USA hockey was smart, they would go "young" in 2010 - let the young yet more talented players get Oly experience to build a core for 2014

If USA hockey was smart, they would go "young" in 2010 - let the young yet more talented players get Oly experience to build a core for 2014

They are going to have to, aren't they? Guys like Modano, Guerin and Weight will be halfway to the grave and taking Enzyte by then.

At least the goaltending should be set with Miller, Dipietro and Frazee :huh:

2nd period of USA V Canada game. Canada up 5-2. Looks like Canada will win this one without a shootout. :ohmy:

Was hoping game ended in a tie, and Toews was in a shootout again against Frazee. :D

Also noted that Frazee wasn't on the roster for this game. Wonder why? :silly:

I've seen a couple on his current team! Don't get me wrong, I too agree he may be a more intelligent player than Sid, but to claim he's a better all-round player than Crosby at this time may be a bit out there.... :ohmy:

Our best "all around" product IMHO in recent years from UND was Zach Parise.

Scroll back and read the original thread to see that MacKenzie said several years from now he will be the most complete player in the NHL, not now. Now back to the game or should I say the Eric Staal show as he has had the puck on a string today.

score now 6-3. Matt Greene had an assist on the last US goal. I think I will walk away from my computer again, every time I do someone scores. :silly:

edit: at 1:47pm central time. game over 6-3 is the final score and Canada wins. quiet game from Jonny only one penalty and that is it.

Who did he slash?

didn't see it Rick; just happened to click the link to the stats just as the slash was posted. Had I had dishnetwork installed in time, I may have paid to watch this tourney with all the Sioux in it.

quarterfinals are tomorrow morning, canada vs switzerland very early then usa vs finland after

russia and sweden advanced today.

heres to a zpar,BO,greene VS commie,JT semi final game!!

http://www.tsn.ca/canadian_hockey/feature/...53&hubname=

Leave it to the IIHF to generate a confusing schedule but in reality it is here's to an all Sioux final game. If the US wins they will play Russian and if Canada wins they will play Sweden.

Leave it to the IIHF to generate a confusing schedule but in reality it is here's to an all Sioux final game. If the US wins they will play Russian and if Canada wins they will play Sweden.

sweet!!

parise article

http://live82.ihwc.net/english/article/spo...&artId=2661

"People say Zach plays a lot like Paul Kariya," said former North Dakota coach Dean Blais. "But I think he's more like Peter Forsberg. Kariya and Forsberg are both great offensively, but Zach is more like Forsberg--first on the forecheck and he finishes every check."

Despite piling up the accolades in his first year of college hockey, Parise was only taken 17th overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. Some thought he might go higher, but teams passed, thinking that the 5-foot-11-inch Parise could be too small to deal with the more physical NHL.

When it was time for the New Jersey Devils to pick, General Manager Lou Lamoriello said his choice was easy: "I did not think, after seeing Zach Parise play when he was a freshman at North Dakota and knowing where we were drafting, that we would have the opportunity to take him."

It is 4-3 Finland after two periods. Matt Greene's penalty that lead to the Finn's 4th goal wouldn't have been roughing in the NHL. Only a pansy would haved called it that way and perhaps Ballard told the referee as much to get his 10 minute misconduct. Hopefully, Zach can find his game in the third and pull this one out.

The goalie, John Grahame, needs to improve his game as he has allowed 4 goals on only 16 shots.