SiouxSports.com Forum

The Frozen Four experience

airmail

There's a reason we drive the way we do!! Those damn overly defensive drivers turn what should be a half an hour drive into a two day drive, the interstates would be clogged with out of state cars and we'd never get to where we're going!! (I live in ND now so you haven't run into me lately.) ;)

*one of my son's ex-girl friends was terrified to drive with me in Minneapolis. hmmm, maybe that's why she's an ex?? Nahhh...*

Don't get me wrong, compared to ND I drive crazy. But FIBS are nuts! And I hate their tolls! :lol: Grand Forks has the the worst drivers I've seen in the entire world, haha. Way too slow and defensive.

Grand Forks has the the worst drivers I've seen in the entire world, haha. Way too slow and defensive.

That's weird. My wife and I moved from GF to Madison two years ago.

We were both amazed at how retarded the drivers are in WI when the weather turns the slightest bit wet or snowy. A normal 20min commute turns into an hour drive to work just because there are people driving 35mph (or slower) on a 2 lane highway. I never experienced that driving in blizzard conditions in ND, let alone just a small snow flurry.

• 2 weeks later...

While I didn't come here to comment on driving, I'll do that quick

Illinois drivers don't mind speeding.... and in general don't use their blinkers... I'm not a big fan.

Wisconsin drivers suck at driving in weather

North Dakota drivers (and I've only really experienced GF and Fargo) don't have a clue how to park... those yellow lines are in fact there for a reason... but I guess since you can't see the yellow lines half the year, you never truely learn that they are there

I just had a quick question, I've only been to two Frozen Fours, St. Louis which I greatly enjoyed and Milwaukee which was alright... I'm not a Badger fan at all even though I lived in Madison for 16 years, so they were definitly getting on my nerves. But on to my question. In Milwaukee they had the goalie cameras and big screens... right above the nets, where the only thing that was on it was the goalie's crease and any activity that was taking place there. I didn't see that in St Louis and there were definitly times that I wish they did have it. Was that just a Milwaukee thing or have other places had that and St Louis was missing out?

My trip started out really bad. Less then an hour into the trip we had a tire blow out and that set us back by two hours. But the rest of the drive was very nice.

I think St. Louis did a great job of putting on the event. It was way better then Milwaukee or Columbus. Denver will be great, can't wait to get there. I lived in Denver fro about 10 years, so I am really looking forward to going to teh Frozen Four next year.

My trip started out really bad. Less then an hour into the trip we had a tire blow out and that set us back by two hours. But the rest of the drive was very nice.

I think St. Louis did a great job of putting on the event. It was way better then Milwaukee or Columbus. Denver will be great, can't wait to get there. I lived in Denver fro about 10 years, so I am really looking forward to going to teh Frozen Four next year.

2 words:

Fat Tire!

:)

Hmmm....you didn't happen to be riding in a red Saturn?

It took you two hours to change a flat tire? :)

....everyone in St. Louis was extremely friendly and helpful.

Funny, everyone here said the same thing about all of you!!!

I've lived here about 4 years, and everyone I've ran into since the F4 commented about how knowledgeable the Sioux fans are! They have also commented about the pep band and the logo on the uniforms (How do you get by with that?) Remember, Chief Iliniwek no longer exists at the U of I.

I didn't run into the name tag person @ Al's, but had a great time with some people from Fisher, MN.

Hopefully, our paths will all meet again in Denver next year!!!